Thread: People are too busy to notice you.

Reality Check

People are too busy to notice you.

People are too busy to notice you. How often have we seen that written here? A lot. Let me tell you a true story:

My wife likes to walk for exercise when she doesn't go to the gym. We were away and she decided to go for a walk and when she came back, she said "You know up there at the end of the parking lot?" I said "Yes." She said "The first time I walked by, there was a man sitting in his car. The second time I walked by he was out of the car, dressed in women's clothes."

So, when we go out dressed as women, people might not notice us. Then again, they might. In fact, they probably will notice us unless we appear to be women doing "women's" things. Standing or walking alone in a deserted parking lot is not something most women would normally do. Think about what you plan to do.

Later, I walked with her and there was a single red sneaker in the vacant parking lot where the crossdresser had been. It's gone this week so maybe he came back and got it.
    Krisi

Having just come back from shopping, I can assure you that plenty of women walk through parking lots alone, both with and without packages. Some even stop and look around, appearing to have forgotten where they parked their car, while they dig into their purses to find the remote so they can get their car to make some type of noise so they can locate it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    So your wife goes for a walk all alone and happens to spot a crossdresser, yet your take on this is that women don't go for a walk all alone?
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-13-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Is this another "dress to blend" post?

If a tree falls in the forest and no one's around does it make any noise? If a CD in granny gear skulks around the edge of a mall parking lot will anyone make her?

My take is, who cares? If u want to go out in public? Why not be seen? Otherwise, what's the point? Stay home and dress how u really want carefree!
    That's what I do!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    I assume your wife knew it was a man sitting in his car because he was dressed but no makeup or wig ?

People aren't too busy to notice if something stands out , I hope I don't get noticed but I'm doing things I need to do . I possibly stand out when I go to the builder's merchant , it is more unusual for women to know correct plumbing or electrical fittings , or to buy bags of cement or plaster . No real harm done in fact when the computer screen showed my account details , the sales guy told me it wasn't a problem to change my name and title from Mr to Ms and my name to the female spelling . My next stop after that was some clothes shopping and the supermarket , quite normal for a woman .

I think people notice. Especially when something seems out of the ordinary. They might not say anything.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I have done that more than I want to admit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Try to look like you have a reason or purpose for being where you are.

I kind of like being noticed but generally only when I go to bars and clubs. I definitely dress more conservatively at the mall, but I don?t do that as often as clubs. It does make a difference what you are wearing. I had one GG tell me she liked my shorts which were white, short and tight while wearing a black tunic top. She told me she noticed me when I was coming down the stairs into the bar, so some people are very observant, but some are engrossed with whatever else is going on. You never know who will put their eyes on you. I don?t worry about it as long as it is not my wife or someone else close to me.

Sandi

I know that i have always been super observant and hyper vigilant. I agree with the post that said people may notice but not show it or say anything. That is how i am.

Platinum Member
    I think whether a person is aware of his or her surroundings is based upon their life's experiences. Krisi's wife as most women are consciously aware they are more apt to be sexually assaulted than a man. No? A woman's mind is or should be attuned to her surroundings. Something is out of place? Unusual? Potential threat? That does not mean everything a woman sees that is "out of place" is a threat. It should be evaluated. Eventually the subconscious will take over.

A man, while not being overtly fearful of an assault, will evaluate in the same manner whether something is "out of place." My life experience leads me to be aware of my surroundings.

I think it is a valid point that a woman or a cross dresser standing alone with no obvious purpose at the end of a parking lot will attract scrutiny. Also a man for that matter. Man, woman or cross dresser standing alone at one at the end of the rest areas along I-5 is inviting an inquiry by the state patrol. I think the recommendation has been made many many times on this site that walking alone in a park at night is not something to do.

Banned Read only
    Honestly it's not that people are too busy to notice you.

It's more likely that people are too busy to care about noticing you.

And how many times have I read about CDers underdressing and than changing into their 'femme" clothes in an unattended parking lot and putting on their make-up. So this one got discovered by a female alone in the back of a parking lot where a CDer thought it was safe? I never understood dashboard dressing but to each their own. If people don't notice than why do I spend so much time in front of the mirror before leaving home and I have heard disparaging comments behind my back at times but thick skin is a must and like water on a ducks back rolls right off and makes me smile knowing that I gave someone something to talk about and maybe even ruined their day. Ignorance is not bliss, it's plain ignorant.
    Last edited by Allisa; 01-13-2020 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Add a rant
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Krisi, I'm not so sure that people don't notice. I more likely think, people don't care or outwardly don't show that they care.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    It may seem counter-intuitive to a cross dresser stepping outside for the first time, but a person is much safer and far less conspicuous in a busy place than at any seemingly deserted location.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

When I get out, I just gave a don't care attitude. If people catch me as a guy in a dress, at least I'm a pretty one