Thread: Baby steps seemed so difficult

Baby steps seemed so difficult

Over a year ago I posted about wanting hormones. I followed the advise of many ladies here on the forum and sought therapy.
    THerapy was anything but easy, difficult questions, self evaluation, life evaluation and so much more... Times I felt like just quitting and living my drab life in drab.

Last week I went back to the therapist and said it is time to talk HRT. To shorten the story she said she will write the letter for me. SHe still has some concerns but the letter is waiting when I am ready.
    I pick it up on my next session. Now to find an endo that will work with me. Seems surreal that this is happening.

THanks for being there for me as this transition seems to move slowly however I am glad it does.
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

You?re doing it right, Heidi. This journey is not a sprint, it?s a marathon. Hang in!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I saw a counselor for almost two years before starting Hormone therapy. There were a lot of tangled issues that needed to be isolated and handled each in it's own way, so we need to use the right tool for the right job. Taking your time can be frustrating, but it's the right thing to do. Best wishes as you take the next steps on your journey.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'm happy that everyone seems to approach this in different manners and that it is not a "one size fits all" process. I saw a therapist once and got a letter before I started HRT. I didn't need the letter because I went to Planned Parenthood. I wanted to move my treatment to the VA because all of my medical is done there now. It required that I see their therapist. The VA here in San Antonio offers very robust services. There are groups, electrolysis, prosthetics (wigs) and HRT is handled by endocrinology as it should be. I saw the therapist at the VA once and was referred for HRT there.

I'm sure therapy may be helpful along the way. I've known that I received the wrong body from the time I had a sense of self. Good luck with your journey and the same to all the ladies here.

Robin
    I'm just trying to find a decent melody
    A song that I can sing in my own company

U2

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes4242 View Post
    I'm happy that everyone seems to approach this in different manners and that it is not a "one size fits all" process.

Robin
    I agree with what you say. I didn't exactly know where the therapy would take me and I have to say that this web with all the ladies in this section played and important role on my later HRT desicion.
    So for me was therapy, PCP, endo almost 2 years on HRT now and at the beginning of this year I switched to an actual gender therapist transexual as well and my PCP is now part of a specialized trains team with people from the LGBTQ.

Heidi, I'm just curious about the way therapist told you is time to talk about HRT...

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

To the question of therapy ,would it help doing it for separate things or all lumped in ,see I get talking to a therapist to help come to terms with my own gender , but I don't have the first clue where my sexuality even begins .Due to hating my body ,myself and extreme uncomfortable being touched by others ,I never really got round to it much and when I did 2 times drunken fumbling I might add ,I didn't enjoy it and haven't since 24 years without any contact at all.
    I would like to get to the point I'm comfortable enough to meet someone who likes me for who I am not who I pretend to be.

THe next step is in process, an appointment with endocrinologist is made, only have to wait 10 days.
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    That's a quick turnaround. I had to wait over three months to get in to see my endo the first time, but after years of fussing around the issue that went by in a flash. I wish you the best. Do your research and don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Spencer View Post
    THe next step is in process, an appointment with endocrinologist is made, only have to wait 10 days.
    Wow! Just 10 days? I had to wait almost 2 months, first session to do labs and a lot of conversation, two weeks after I came back for my prescription. First estradiol was in patches, very uncomfortable for me but did work, after 6 months I switch to pills and a year after to injections...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

The reason it was so fast is there was a cancellation. otherwise 2 months figured might as well do it.
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi