Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it to wintery to dress?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is it to wintery to dress?

So I've got a couple of days away with work and will definately dress for dinner but my journey will be in a more mixed 'but male' presentation as the weather is so bad as to render my prefered looks unsuitable and I dont have the outfits for the storm outside. Have others encounted this issue?

I find it easier to feel dressed in the cooler parts of the year. I present male most everyday, so I do not shave past my face, nor do I get my brows done. In the winter I can wear tights and a skirt. Add in wnter coat, boots. I feel much more likely to pass. I don't feel the same in a summer dress since I chose not to remove all my body hair. My dressing tends to hibernate in the summer.
    When I get home today, I have a few errands to run. I will do those enfemme, casual look.
    I do love when I do a short business trip and get a chance to get out. Enjoy.

Lucy, I actually prefer the cooler weather as I am less likely to sweat and therefore don't have makeup problems.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    If you don't have any winter outfits, yes, it's "too wintery to dress". However, you have the option to remedy the situation. Winter is the time when long sleeves, longer dresses, tights or pants can help to cover male features. Few of us can pull off a sundress.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Winter is the time when long sleeves, longer dresses, tights or pants can help to cover male features. Few of us can pull off a sundress.
    This is exactly what i find. Extra clothes are very good for concealing underwear outlines, body hair, tucking issues etc. I much prefer winter.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Location, location, location. This will be the second morning in a row that I have to put on snowmobile suit and pack boots and clear the driveway. I'll be groomed and wearing a favorite pair of panties under my sweats and outdoor gear but it's still not very conducive to going on a stroll. The wind picks up this afternoon and we are too rural to have sidewalks and all the GG's out for a stroll will be walking with their backs to the wind. I would imagine there are other locations where a walk would be more pleasant than mine.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

PS, dadt and limited storage space keeps me a captive of my circumstances. When I get ideas about going for a winter stroll en femme reality slaps me in the face. I have to accept my reality as I don't have any choice. Going out in public is complicated, in the winter it's impossible. Partial dressing and wishing are the only options for many of us.

Aspiring Member
    Canadian Winter is best to dress, then I can easily conceal my Brassiere, Spring and Fall is nice too I can wear Pantyhose.

Again, location location location. It was in the sixties here the other day.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Women wear women's clothing year round. So do I.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy_miller View Post
    SI dont have the outfits for the storm outside. Have others encounted this issue?
    Yep and I solved it by going shopping.

wearing dresses and skirts is definitely the core part of crossdressing. I would do it throughout winter despite the cold. In fact, with all that wig and bra, summer is actually way too hot.

Not really. Realizing I wouldn’t want to have my dressing confined by seasons, I set about building a year-round wardrobe. Or at least have an option for when it’s cold or wet.
    Last edited by Patience; 01-15-2020 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Who needs to know?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Lucy,
    I'm also in the UK , so finding suitable clothes is perfectly possible . I must admit I've built up a selection of jackets and coats along with scarves and gloves and also a selection of boots and accepted wearing thicker tights .

Weather certainly is a huge factor in being able to wear what I like. My biggest problem is that it is too hot most of the time. A wig and all the other clothing causes me to sweat easily in warm weather so I like it to be cooler. Of course it is 80F where I live today so cooler is relative. If I had to go out in something like the blizzard of 78 in Boston again, I would just say forget it with crossdressing That was crazy and partly why I live in the south. It was one too many blizzards for me.

Sandi

I don't see how anyone can stay warm in women's clothes , they are made for tempting not warmth

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's never too cold, (or warm), to dress fem if u really want to, Lucy!

31169.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When I first buying clothes it was a lot easier to find summer clothes that I liked. After 2 years I finally found a jacket I liked. I have a couple booties and other shoes suitable for winter weather.

And rhonda, I totally agree about women's clothes are so thin most tops are require at least 2 layers for modesty's sake. Never had a noticeable nipple bulge in a men's t-shirt but it is an issue for me with way too many women's tops.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    It is too hard to dress sexy in the winter, at least without running the furnace full blast.

At least I have my jammies and flannel night shirts to address my pink freezing fog.

Silver Member
    If there is a literal snowstorm going on I'd forget the whole thing and stay home. No sense in risking your life on the road if there is a storm going on and it isn't an emergency, no matter what you are wearing.

Personally I have ice water in my veins and the cold doesn't bother me, barring extremes. I just wear whatever I fancy... and a dressy woman's coat.

This is an interesting thread.

The Pink Fog rolls in with me in autumn and lasts until spring. I was born in the summer and don't really care to dress during that season. But, the other three is where my desire falls. Occasionally in the summer I'll have a flash de femme, but the cooler weather seems to make it easier.

Banned Read only
    Wow from some of the responses one would think GG's never go outside during the winter...

But yet they do.

How about wearing leggings under a skirt like the GG's do?

Warm fuzzy sweaters, anyone?

You know they make scarves, hats, gloves, and winter coats for GG's too.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-14-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Platinum Member
    It's never too wintery to dress outside. I have to assume your domicile is heated. If I am outside for a stroll during the winter months I wear a sweater dress. It never gets so cold that I need to wear boots to cover the feet to the knee caps. Tights work well for me. I have many midi length dresses which hit mid-calf so a certain amount of the warmth of my body gets trapped within the skirt of the dress.

Sometimes you have to just grin and bear it. When my wife and I use to live in New York City, she was required by convention back then to wear dress or skirts. The style back then was mini above the knee. She would curse at the bitter cold when she was waiting for the elevated subway train on the Flushing Line (#7). You got to make sacrifices if you want the look!

Just get a winter outfitDSC01667 (2).jpg
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Too wintery? No. You can dress as you like in the warmth of your home or a hotel room. Going out requires a bit more than a short sleeve dress and bare legs, but it depends on your location as has been said.

Lack of a winter wardrobe? That's me right now. I'm not able to get much this season as I have no good place to store more than I already have. Plus I don't have any opportunities for dressing at present, so it isn't as big of an issue for me. Spring is coming...

I find winter just as girlie friendly as summer. I put on one if my faux fur coats and hats,a thicker dress and couple this with 70 denier satin opaque Wolford tights and knee high boots. It?s not weather for walking round in the daytime in strappy heels and sleeveless dresses but they will get their turn soon. A wardrobe for all seasons!