Thread: After thirty years !

Banned Read only

After thirty years !

Sorry but another thread that came out of my painting group from today .

A new lady appeared at the group this morning , I heard the introductions and my ears pricked up when I heard her name , I have to admit I didn't recognise her as it was possibly thirty years ago but she was a very glamorous blond in her day . I found a moment and went and introduced myself , obviously she didn't recognise me either until I jogged her memory , as she'd had a liason with my brother in law . Then the penny dropped because I'd taken various pictures for her when I had my photography business but she'd never made the connection with my brother in law . During the coffee break our conversation picked up as if there had never been a break of thirty years , she totally accepted me as Teresa so most of the time we chatted about art and what she hoped to get out of the painting group .

I hope members aren't tiring of these stories , they are intended to show how being TG is perfectly acceptable in society .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-15-2020 at 03:18 PM.

No need to say sorry, you posting these type of threads is good as it does show the level of acceptance that you have and that it is possible. Good for you and Thanks!
    Crissy

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing Teresa. Stories from the Real World are always welcome.

Platinum Member
    Nothing to be sorry about. I hope you have printed out your journey and the thoughts you have shared on this forum. It will show how far you have come. I won't say it has been a soap opera, but, it would make an interesting study in realization and progression of one's self. I enjoy your posts.

Banned Read only
    I forgot to mention that after my group finished I took the time to catch up with the seamstress who did my early alterations , I hadn't seen her in two years since my move , yes she did recognise and greated me with hello Terri . I was a little surprsied she knew what had been happening in that time , apparently my wife drops in for alterations and repairs and had put her totally in the picture , I asked how I came up in their conversation and she'd mentioned I'd had some items altered . I'm happy and relieved that my wife is openly talking about our situation , at least she is coming to terms with it , I know it doesn't affect me but it's also not affecting her life as much anymore .

Teresa, I'm glad your old acquaintance was accepting.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    This thread may appear a little disjointed but I started my day by browsing a used book shop looking for an artist named James Tissot , the shop or it's owner had reputaion for being difficult with customers , the guy that tried to help me was very pleasant, I have a feeling it's the son of the owner . We had quite a conversation about the artist but eventually he asked me to leave it with him to see what he could track down .

Teresa - I think relating this story is really good. A lot of good, positive messages in there that shows the new now can be linked in a positive way to the distant past without a lot of fuss and trepidation. You have certainly moved into your new role nicely and it is such a huge difference from when you were in turmoil with your wife and struggling to get yourself out in the open. You seem so much happier and I think the more you engage in experiences like this that connect present and past the more fulfilling you will find your change to be.

Teresa, I enjoyed reading about your experience at the book store that has a reputation for being difficult, it shows that if you treat people with respect they will usually do the same. That said, Good you met the son not the father.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Gretchen,
    I know it's one of the fears of many members , what happens when the past catches up with you but so far it hasn't been a problem and it is happening quite frequently now . In fact every Wednesday morning at the start of the art class I regularly have a conversation with a lady in the reception area of the art centre , she 's waiting for the Weight Watchers to start and I'm heading off to set up the art room , I photographed her wedding a few years ago so she's also known me in both guises .

Teresa I can't speak for everyone but I for one enjoy your stories. Even though some times I have to read it multiple times to understand it all. I blame my short attention span for that not your writing.

Teresa I envy you I just wish I could be as out going as you.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Nice story I do enjoy you stories you go girl.
    Angie