Thread: Moving House.

Moving House.

I am moving into a new house in two or three months time. I am looking forward to getting out of my old cold house into a nice warm new one. I intend to mark my Georgina move by wearing a wedding dress with all the trimmings, and then changing into a more casual dress. I have been looking forward to this for ages and only need a pair of shoes to complete the ensemble.

Georgina, Good luck with your new house, I like your idea of wearing a wedding dress with all the trimmings.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    Congratulations!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Congratulations ! Will someone be carrying you across the threshold?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U either move differently than we do over here, Georgina. Or, you're traveling lite?

I wear my grubbiest things for a move. Which would require one moving van load for Sherry's things alone!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Good luck on the move but I'm confused about the attire. You're gonna wear a wedding dress during the move? I assume just during the drive, Ok but very unpractical. More information is needed here, you are a little vague. Why not save the wedding dress for your first night in the new home. Whatever makes you happy. I would like to see the photos of this endeavor.

Banned Read only
    Georgina,
    I'm so pleased for you I hope it all goes well .

I have to admit I'm also a little confused with your chosen outfit , my moving day two years ago was a nightmare , a freezing cold , wet February day , completion should have taken place at 1.00pm but I finally received the keys at 4.00pm . Dressing wasn't an option on that day , when the I followed the removal van down the drive at my old home it was also the end of 44 years of marriage , a wedding dress might have rubbed salt in the wounds with my wife as she stood in the drive to wave me off !

Platinum Member
    Must be an old Irish tradition or ritual.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Enjoy your new place.

It's simpler than you think. Everything else will already be moved. The house will be ready to live in. Could it be the start of a new tradition?