Thread: Scented body lotions - advice please?

Question Scented body lotions - advice please?

Hi All,

I don't post much here, I mostly just enjoy reading all the other posts. Now I finally have a question to ask! Yay?

My question is twofold, but first a little background: I currently use Philosophy Pure Grace body wash and lotion as my preferred scent. My problem with it is that it stays in my clothes and doesn't smell nearly as pleasant after it's been lingering for a while. In fact, I really do not like it. I'm not sure if I can continue using which stinks (pun intended) because I have a nearly full bottle of the lotion and it isn't cheap! My wife uses Philosophy Fresh Cream and I don't really want to use the same as she uses (although sometimes it's fun). I'm not so much a perfume person, I do like the "smelly" body lotions after I shower and shave. Pure Grace is floral, but not "old lady" if that makes any sense. I'd like something a little warmer, but still feminine but not overly so. What do you ladies recommend?

Second, what's the best way to remove scents from clothing? I've tried soaking in a little Oxiclean and that seems to help. Any delicate laundry detergents that are good at removing scents while on the cold/gentle cycle?

Thank you for your help and input!
    DR

Try try adding scent into your clothes in the wash.

I use a sented detergent, snuggle sent boosters,downy infusions and sented dryer sheets.

You would think with all that my clothes would smell like a lavender farm, but no. It does help my clothes maintain a frest smell.

I buy unscented lotion (usually Lubriderm) and put a few spritz of my perfume into the lotion bottle and mix it up.
    I don't need to use perfume straight, the scent is never overpowering and I get moisturized in the process.

A few ounces of vinegar or baking soda in the wash.

I like Pleasures body lotion and perfume by Estee Lauder....seems to work for me best
    As for as trying to get the scent out of the clothes, I don't have to worry about that