Thread: Gym issues

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

Gym issues

Hey everyone, been a long time since I've posted. Cross dressing has been in a holding pattern for me for awhile. I haven't put on makeup or even shaved my face in months, but on the other hand I've kept my legs shaved and I can't remember the last time I've worn male underpants. I've also enjoyed wearing my bra, forms and dresses when I've had a few hours to myself, just haven't gone all in.

A couple weeks ago my wife decided we needed to join a gym that also has a lap pool. Or maybe its a pool that also has a gym, anyway I've taken up swimming now, but I didn't realize the issues I'd be facing in the locker room until the first time I stripped off my jeans wearing black satin panties. Luckily no one was in that corner I was at, but now I'm a bit freaked. I've been trying to remember to wear my bobyshorts on gym days and avoid anything lacy, and i could go change in a stall, but that seems lame. My smooth legs are also a bit of an issue, but not really. I've been rocking a mostly shaved chest and legs now for well over a year and only a couple people have asked me about it.

After tonight's workout I drove to a nearby restaurant and met my wife and mother in law who drove separately. I found great pleasure in brushing out my long (for a boy) hair and finding it had a few tangles in it. While sitting in our booth and eating a waitress behind us said, did you all ladies get everything you ordered. My mother in law cracked up and my wife gave me this crooked smile. I guess she didn't see my face.

Hope everyone has a great 2020!

If I’m coming from work, I’m wearing a button down shirt. I leave it on while I change into gym shorts or my swim suit. It covers enough for my comfort. It’s the bralette I’m usually wearing that causes my concern...
    Last edited by DianaPrince; 01-14-2020 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Stupid apostrophes

I wear my swimsuit under pants and carry my panties in a gym bag. I place them inside my pants when I hang them in the locker and put them on at the same time when getting dressed. I have yet to spy someone looking down my pants for something lacy.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_hillcrest View Post
    [...] I could go change in a stall, but that seems lame. [...]
    Well, it is not. People do it all the time for a variety of reasons. The resource is there for your convenience, so why not use it?

Funny restaurant story.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Aspiring Member
    When I resumed using the pool, the color in my pedicure had to go. Sigh!

I've changed into panties at my local Y any number of times. Just do it quickly. Guys usually try to avoid looking at other's junk in dressing rooms.

As to shaving, my legs are shaved all the time (and my upper chest) and I'm constantly at the Y and it's never been an issue. I do look at other guys legs and more than you would expect are hairless.

I even swam with my nails painted. I've done two triathlons with painted toes, and not an issue.

In other words, don't sweat it--but get your sweat on....

Sarah, I use to swim daily until chronic sinus issues killed my ability to swim every day. I still go to the gym and wear panties, I have never had an issue, though my panties could be easily confused with mens bikini briefs. However, I have had issues with my legs being shaved. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...in-a-good-way&
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I shave most of my body and go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week. I honestly couldnt care less if anyone there noticed my shaved legs.

Banned Read only
    How about just owning it? That's what I did when I was going to the gym regularly. Honestly you are running around the gym with shaved legs and you are worried about your panties?

What it comes down to for me is:
    1. Do I know these people?
    2. Do I care about what they think?

If the answer to either question is no, I am free!

I wouldn't consider your scenario an issue at all. Most people don't care what you wear underneath; enjoy life, be good to others, and dress however you like.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your long hair is more noticeable than anything else. I often mistake men with long hair for women from behind!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by abby054 View Post
    When I resumed using the pool, the color in my pedicure had to go. Sigh!
    I decided to keep my magenta toes while swimming laps. No regrets. I will probably stop painting my toes in the summer though. 😕

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Well, it is not. People do it all the time for a variety of reasons. The resource is there for your convenience, so why not use it?

Funny restaurant story.
    Yes thanks, that is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaPrince View Post
    If I’m coming from work, I’m wearing a button down shirt. I leave it on while I change into gym shorts or my swim suit. It covers enough for my comfort. It’s the bralette I’m usually wearing that causes my concern...
    wow that would be hard to hide

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Sarah, I use to swim daily until chronic sinus issues killed my ability to swim every day. I still go to the gym and wear panties, I have never had an issue, though my panties could be easily confused with mens bikini briefs. However, I have had issues with my legs being shaved. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...in-a-good-way&
    Yes I think most of my panties could easily just be considered these,.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    How about just owning it? That's what I did when I was going to the gym regularly. Honestly you are running around the gym with shaved legs and you are worried about your panties?

What it comes down to for me is:
    1. Do I know these people?
    2. Do I care about what they think?

If the answer to either question is no, I am free!
    1. Yes, I've actually ran into some old friend or acquaintance there several times now.

2. Yes.

I am not free LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by candice.aihara View Post
    I wouldn't consider your scenario an issue at all. Most people don't care what you wear underneath; enjoy life, be good to others, and dress however you like.
    thanks, its not that big of deal, just something I've never had to deal with before.

I had similar experiences when in the gym but in those days, now I realize, I was hungry for out to the world and always wear women's panties like thongs, I got pretty good look for some.guys and a perverts offering some sexual favors so after that I just dressed on the stall of the shower room but I used to shave my legs there and the same perverts.

With the time I stop going to the gym because I can do my routine at home and being a trans is weird get into the men's locker room and not ready yet for women's locker room....
    Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_hillcrest View Post
    I didn't realize the issues I'd be facing in the locker room until the first time I stripped off my jeans wearing black satin panties. Luckily no one was in that corner I was at, but now I'm a bit freaked. I've been trying to remember to wear my bobyshorts on gym days and avoid anything lacy, and i could go change in a stall, but that seems lame.
    Lifestyle management is often tricky for many of us who are in the life, regardless of where we are on the various spectrums. I don't want you to be uncomfortable in a way you don't like, but it makes sense to change in the stall if you have uncertainties about your surroundings. You said you just joined this particular gym, so not only are you probably seeing new people, but you are also in a physical space that's new and different. It's completely normal for there to be an adjustment period. Our reasons are different, but I often change in the stall without even a second thought.

Hi Sarah,

A long, long time ago, back in my gym rat days there was a guy who dressed rather femme in the gym. When i would see him in the locker room, his pink panties and matching cami were very noticeable. No one ever gave him a hard time.

Dress however you are most comfortable and don't worry about it.

Happy New Year!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    If you're worried about some stranger seeing you wearing panties in the locker room go out and get some cotton boxer briefs to wear during your work outs, seems like an easy solution to an simple problem. If you don't care about getting funny looks in the locker room, then it doesn't matter. Personally I would't wear panties to the gym, why make an unnecessary awkward situation where some neanderthal might make an issue. My opinion is why push it, unless you are transgender than you would be fully dressed as a woman and most likely you would be in the ladies locker room. If that is the case then I assume that you would have discussed that issue with the manager when you joined the gym.
    But if you HAVE A NEED to wear panties to the gym then own it.

I don't worry at the gym. I just change and do my thing, while others are doing theirs, no issues. I've seen lots of guys with their toes painted in the last five years in Texas, so even going to the pool or showering hasn't been an issue and should not be for others, unless liberal states aren't as open minded as Texans. LOL

You need to decide for yourself what you need to do for yourself. For me it is an easy answer. I would wear what I want and do my thing. But then again that might be working out in a running skirt or some cute leggings.

For the pools, staff advised that as well as the males change room, they were happy for me to use the family (private) change room
    For the gym, the men's showers had a small change area.
    The only down side, wigs aren't great for either activity.

IMG_20170726_121744.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Silver Member
    I’m a member of a large busy gym with communal changing and I wear panties every day and have for many years now

The first time I changed at the gym with lacy panties I was totally freaked out, now I don’t even think about it, I just undress and dress as I always did and I’ve never had a single comment or look that I’ve noticed and I go to the gym very regularly so know quite a lot of gym friends, you know those people you only ever see and chat to at the gym

With practice I’m sure you’ll relax into it as I did