I have mentioned how I went into a funk during my last purge and allowed gained 40#. Some cheered me on and others cautioned me and made the case that women come in all shapes and sizes. All of your points are well taken and I am aware of all of that as I have fought this battle for a long time.

Dressing is not dependent on weight, if it was I wouldn't be here. When I say diet I'm not referring to some trendy fad but changing my eating habits and doing exercises to strengthen my core.

Steps taken have been giving up beer which makes a big difference. I cut down my portions and substitute things like carrots and plain crackers as munchies and limit them to small portions. I try to do my floor exercise routine of leg lifts, bun tightening and sit-ups every day. Finally, I live near a walking path and have a big yard so when I add those to this whole mix I will slowly lose weight and tone myself better. Will I get down to where I was twenty years ago? Probably not but the way I approach it is not making me feel deprived and any amount of improvement is good.

I'm not doing anything crazy or dangerous and have realistic expectations. Who knows, my wife may come home with sweets and knock me off my game so there's that going on as well.