Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing weight to improve femme looks

Yes Marion I know about the shopping cart idea. When I took my fall it was my hicking stick that caused me to fall because it got caught in a crack in the rocks and my efforts to get it free is what caused the fall down hill on rocks.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 01-19-2020 at 03:01 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

DSC_0010.jpg This photo was taken in 2004 when I was 145# and still had long hair. This was before my most recent purge which happened around 2006. I can wish, who wouldn't.

I got into the habit of only eating fresh non processed food, no refined sugar at all.
    So over the last 14 years I have been approximately 161 pounds and I'm six foot tall.
    It not only means I am very fit but there is so much to choose from in party wiggle dresses on ebay that fit me that I am the one that keeps ebay going!
    Last edited by suzy1; 01-18-2020 at 03:23 PM.

I look for food packaged in small containers. That way I'm not tempted to overeat before it spoils and goes to waste. Just bought 5 little jars of fruit spreads and jelly for $3 from Ocean State Job lot. My mustard comes from Christmas gift boxes!

Today I went to a seafood shack and had just the fried cod and clam chowder. Skipped the fries because they always give me too much. It isn't a fancy restaurant where the chef gets offended if you try to change the menu items!
    I also ordered the smaller lunch portion.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 01-18-2020 at 07:04 PM.

I have never been big, with my regular weight around 155 lbs (70kg), however a recent health issue saw my weight drop by 6kg, which resulted in an unhealthy weight and an even skinnier body with no curves. I am back to 70kg now, with a nicer shape to my hips, bum and thighs.
    By all means, lose weight for healthy living, but don't overdo it.

women come in all shapes and sizes
    Different sizes yes, but we don't see many with the shape of a man . I guess that's why someone invented padding.

There are some very good posts here with useful information. Each one of us has to find what works best for their self.

I tried keto but it was to complex and difficult for me. I'm have better luck with intermittent fasting and cutting way back on sweets.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Just another 'Gurl'
    Quote Originally Posted by AllisonS View Post
    I do this when I want to lose weight. It?s very simple and might work for you.
    1). Make a chart, date across the bottom weight on the vertical. Draw a line on the chart starting with your current weight and dropping 1 lb per week.
    2). Every morning weigh yourself and put a dot on the chart.
    3). If the dot is above the line, only fruits and vegetables for you that day. If the dot is below the line, eat and do whatever you want.
    I love this idea! Wow. So simple I am going to try it right away.
    Just another man in a dress

I've lost over 100 pounds in the last 2 years and feel great. Dressing up is even more fun now that I can wear pretty much anything I want and it fits!

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    I have used keeping my weight down, and trying to stay in shape so that I would look better in my feminine outfits as an incentive for years. It seems to work better than my real goal which is to maintain my health as I age. Let's face it; My presentation as a ladylike homemaker is just a lot more fun to think about.

The only good thing is this "method" is to monitor every morning your weight. It's been said here and is a fact that fruit have a lot of sugar. They are good in a control way.

So if you're under the line est whatever? That's a yoyo diet.
    As an interesting data 4 mg. If carbhidrate is equal to a tea spoon of sugar. Now check a simple regukar red apple, 25 g. So you're eating almost 6 teaspoon of sugar. Do.you think is a good diet?
    Star be careful with what you read, no everything here is good for you but just mere opinions and personal experiences that not necessarily are good for you.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Today's report on my "progress". Its been a tough week and I'm the same weight as last week. Many of you are taking this way more seriously than I am. I've been around long enough to know exactly what works for me. I have also been around long enough to know that losing weight is easier said than done.

My philosophy, why not try but if it doesn't work I will not have lost anything (pun intended).

Star, I wish you good luck and hope for your perseverance. Remember everyone deserves cheat day once in a while. I also commend you on your positive attitude.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Devi SM View Post
    It's been said here and is a fact that fruit have a lot of sugar
    Don't confuse Sucrose with Fructose or Glucose.

While they are all types of sugars. The naturally occurring sugars in fruits are not as bad for you as processed sugars.

Also it's "Net Carbs" that are important, not just total carbs. Fruits also contain fiber and other nutrients.

There are good carbs and there are bad carbs.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    A fascinating thread to someone who has never actively been on a diet in their entire life. I have gained weight and lost weight, but purely down to life style changes. I do continually watch my weight, but I do not consider that dieting. I'm still an exercise junky at 58 and my entire life have viewed food as fuel, rather than an indulgence. Well ok dark chocolate is an indulgence I can seldome resist. But the thing is if I take in extra calories my body tells me to get out there and work them off and I enjoy the exercise even more than the Chocolate.

Jane G, you need to see a doctor immediately. There is definitely something wrong with a person that prefers exercise over chocolate! Even on Keto, i like chocolate!

Quote Originally Posted by AllisonS View Post
    I do this when I want to lose weight. It?s very simple and might work for you.
    1). Make a chart, date across the bottom weight on the vertical. Draw a line on the chart starting with your current weight and dropping 1 lb per week.
    2). Every morning weigh yourself and put a dot on the chart.
    3). If the dot is above the line, only fruits and vegetables for you that day. If the dot is below the line, eat and do whatever you want.
    I have an internet scale and have weighed myself daily for most of the past seven years. My weight is RARELY consistent from day to day, or even within a day. It will often differ by a pound or more. If I go run on a hot day, my weight might be 5 to 7 pounds lower. Of course, once I rehydrate, my weight bounces back. Most of your day to day change on the scale is retention of water.

The science says there is no one diet that is any better than others I think the best approach is to avoid processed foods, empty calories from liquids (soda, alcohol, juices, fancy coffees, etc).

The ratio I have heard is 80% intake and 20% exercise. I exercise a LOT (ran 1,000 miles and biked 2,000 miles last year) and I can still outeat the exercise and put on weight..

My method when trying to lose weight (like now) is to use the MyFitnessPal app and count calories. The only diet that works is the Math diet; conse less than you burn. A net deficit of 3,500 calories is a pound. Over time you will lose weight.

I think chocolate goes to my hips.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Sugar is the enemy
    Carbs are converted into sugar
    The human body is not designed for a diet high in carbohydrates
    Fat is a necessary nutrient also

I had to give up on chocolate because it effects my spelling. Now the only chocolates l like is milk chocolate wrapped around peanut butter, or raisins or Malt Balls. I think there is nothing fattening in these. GRIN
    When I can't get the three above treats I have been know to eat a large bag of M&Ms in a day. Grin
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 01-22-2020 at 04:45 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do like dark chocolate but only have it when my body tells me I need it.
    You know those times when you get that feeling.
    I'm not much on sweets or candy so I rarely indulge.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-22-2020 at 06:40 PM.

love to hear from u missynicole's Avatar
    Best of luck dear! I am doing the same thing. Have 13.8 pounds more to lose. I am exercising 10 times per week for 30 minutes each. I am doing cardio, kettlebell and weights. And squats, lots of squats for the cute butt!! Trying to get body fat down to 18--20%. A for the diet doc recommended heart healthy way of eating which I find great. Lots of lean protein. And of course running the 500+ daily calorie deficit.

Oy! I got up to 218 and that was my tipping point. I never liked being over 200, but 220? No way. So I've made a life change. It's done. It's no longer hard. I get up at 5:00 every morning, but on something girly, tights, pink hoodie, barbie hat, some pretty scarf, my black and pink Payless sneakers (I really miss Payless) and go out for a 2 to 3 mile workout. I call it a workout cuz it's not a run, but more than just walking. I live the suburbia so practically nobody is out yet. There are a few cars, but everyone is on their way to work at that time. Nobody is going to stop and ask, "Hey, dude, why you got on so much pink?" A lap around the neighborhood is a mile. So first lap is a walk. It is so nice to be out when it's so quiet. Dark. No worries. I think about all things CD for that mile. At lap two, I do the "soccer warmup". Some little thing to warm up that body part, then a 20 yard jog. I do about 15 or 20 different warm ups. Rotate arms, kick heels up, skip, lunge, all sort of things. This uses every part of the body, gets the heart started. I jog in the last half mile or so. At 61, it's a nice little routine. When I get home, I meditate and stretch to warm down, then read a quick chapter in one of the Chicken Soup for the soul books. So after an hour, I've had some girly time, am warmed up, stretched, and happy! Ready for the day. Off to the shower and some tea. I don't have to be to work until 8:00 and I'm only a few minutes away, so take a few minutes to update a spreadsheet of my meals. It keeps me honest. I chart my weight there too, so I see how the small daily investment and realistic monitoring helps get my healthy morning routine off on the right track every day. If I have a not so good day eating, I take an extra lap, jogging as much as I feel I need and want to. I'm down to the mid 190's committed to losing 50 pounds. I will get back in that jean skirt. I love that skirt!!!
    Love to you all. Stay healthy. Stay positive. Choose HAPPY!!!
    Kathleen

22 years ago I was 33 and weighed 325 lbs. That year I made a New Year's resolution to lose 100 lbs that year. It was one resolution I kept in spades. I didn't lose 100 lbs in one year, I lost 175 lbs in 7 months. Diet and exercise, especially weight lifting, believe that or not. Now I'm 55, my weight has crept back up to an average of 200-210, I can live with that.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Hi, remember me? I started this thread. The diet is still a challenge. Weight loss has stalled temporarily but my motives are still good. The weather has me house bound and not as active as I need to be to see good results. 40f this weekend so hopefully I can get out and shake off some cobwebs. What happens where I live is that we often go from house bound to yard work within a few days as the weather can change quickly.

I love polyester clothes in the winter. I wear sports clothes under fleece and a winter coat to stay warm outside while puttering around in the yard. The snow rarely lasts where I live.

Marion

I can't dress openly so I work in the yard in shorts and t-shirt during the summer with everyone who drives by taking double takes of my shaved legs. Right now my yard is covered in a foot of snow so there is no working out there for another month or so.