Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone's loss is my gain

Someone's loss is my gain

Hi All,
    I was wondering if I am alone in this. I work in a museum. Many things are left by our visitors. In the past I have found wonderful lip gloss/lip polish, wonderful scents (Burburry cologne) and the latest a cute pair of sunglasses that would so fit my fem side. I keep them for a few months, and if no one claims them they are now mine. When I was teaching at the end of the year students cleared out their lockers and the mess would be on the floor. I found a really cute leather jacket. Needless to say it is now in my wardrobe. Recently I found a pair of very fem sunglasses. I just knew they would go with my look. Well three months later I tried on the sunglasses and I was right they look so cute! I was wondering, have any of you been the recipient of such nice lost articles? If so what were they? I can only imagine what a hotel would find!

Nice find! I should be so fortunate.

Many years ago I found some men's gold necklaces that valued out quite high.

As for women's items, the only ones that come to mind are cheap bracelets and a ring. All were lost in the street or parking lot. None came home with me.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    My finds are almost always in thrift stores. I don't think I've ever found anything to fit in my wardrobe, but it would have to be 2xl and those things are difficult to forget. Oh well, I hope you continue to find wonderful things and when you lose something, don't be alarmed knowing someone else is benefiting from your good taste.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    MsEva,
    The strangest thing I found on my travels was a pair of brown heeled boots when I was walking the dog . They were caked in mud but otherwise not in bad condition , too small for me in a size 5 . I couldn't help wondering if someone walked this far in them what did they walk home in ?

I have found other strange items when walking the dog , I retrieved a lovely black studded belt that someone had tossed into a tree to annoy someone . On another occasion some very large Playtex white bras appeared in a hedgerow , I did catch an older guy trying to retrieve them . A bag of very pretty panties ,why they were thrown by the side of ther path was a puzzle .

I guess the only thing to be careful of is wearing the items you mentioned and someone noticing they belonged to them .

like Sarah, my finds are usually in thrift stores. But then again, when I've purged in the past I would drop off my stuff...at a thrift store. The universe balances out. I'm psyched about that leather jacket for you though!

Please don’t re-use someone else’s lip gloss. That’s super gross and not at all sanitary.

my only find was a makeup primer and a mascara and an umbrella all in a shopping cart (unopened and sealed) in the wally world parking lot brought them home and still use the umbrella.

Platinum Member
    I found a $50 bill right next to where I parked my car in a Target parking lot, and, another $20 bill in a Goodwill parking lot. Does that count? My finds have been in the nature of vastly under priced items at Goodwill.

When the book "Fifty Shades of Grey" came out my wife and I were on our way in to Costco to do some shopping. We grabbed a cart and there were 2 fresh copies of the book sitting in the cart. We looked around to see if anyone was going to claim them but there was nobody around so we did what any good consumer would do: we took them back into the store for a refund!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Please don’t re-use someone else’s lip gloss. That’s super gross and not at all sanitary.
    Yup didn't use it, but thought what was the owner thinking as they lost it I also found a pair of kind of ****ty stripper shoes on the side of the street where I used to park. They were size 11 so made me wonder why they were there. I have them in my collection now but don't usually wear stuff that ****ty.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I found a $50 bill right next to where I parked my car in a Target parking lot, and, another $20 bill in a Goodwill parking lot. Does that count? My finds have been in the nature of vastly under priced items at Goodwill.
    Well that is Mana from Heaven isn't it? Did you use it for something nice to wear?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    MsEva,
    The strangest thing I found on my travels was a pair of brown heeled boots when I was walking the dog . They were caked in mud but otherwise not in bad condition , too small for me in a size 5 . I couldn't help wondering if someone walked this far in them what did they walk home in ?

I have found other strange items when walking the dog , I retrieved a lovely black studded belt that someone had tossed into a tree to annoy someone . On another occasion some very large Playtex white bras appeared in a hedgerow , I did catch an older guy trying to retrieve them . A bag of very pretty panties ,why they were thrown by the side of ther path was a puzzle .

I guess the only thing to be careful of is wearing the items you mentioned and someone noticing they belonged to them .
    Too bad they weren't your size (I am guessing)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Found a $50 dollar bill once on the floor next table over in a restaurant.
    I gave it to the manager in case the people came back looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Found a $50 dollar bill once on the floor next table over in a restaurant.
    I gave it to the manager in case the people came back looking for it.
    You are a good egg. I found a 20 dollar bill in the facility and turned it over to the office. I told them in the advent that no one claims it, it would be good to make a contribution to a charity.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I look at it this way the money was not mine and I had no right to take it.
    Back when I had little money and 2 small kids I lost a $100 dollar bill at the grocery and I think it was stuck to the other 100 I paid for my groceries with so the cashier I assume kept it.
    Needless to say my next week out on the road in my truck was a very hungry one with only $20.00 to last me 7 days.

Pertaining to this site- In college I found a pair of yellow satin panties in the upper rim of a dorm washing machine. I re-washed them with my clothes and they fit.
    I also found a plastic bag, left in a seat on public transportation bus, that had an unopened pair of black panty hose.

Not pertaining to this site- when I was a kid and was digging beside a field, I unearthed a carved piece of art from the Natives. I consider it one of the most important things I own.

Yesterday I found .65 cents. What I like to do is search for Indian artifacts and of course with the landowners permission. I bring him wine as a Thank You.
    Nadia, Pretty cool find!
    Crissy

When I was younger I worked in a food store and I would have to clean the change rooms every night. Back then stores were closed on Sunday's and the rule was on my last cleaning on Saturday night everything would be cleaned out. Usally it was ugly work shoes or uniforms but at times I would hit some gems. My best find was a bag and I was about to throw it out and my curiosity payed off because it was a skirt and slip. I remember the following week one of the cashiers asked me if I came across that bag, I told her I threw it out. The skirt didn't fit but the slip was my favourite for the longest time until a mastake purge I did. Besides that I would find some small female things sweaters, fem belts.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I rent residential properties. On a few occasions female tenants have moved out leaving a number of boxes and bags of all sorts of clothing items behind.

In fact? That's what got me started dressing out of the blue! Wondering if those sexy things would fit me? Some did!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My wife buys antiques and collectibles and sells them online, glassware, jewelry and that sort of thing. Yesterday she had some jewelry out on the kitchen table so she could take photos of it and I spotted an awesome ring that I absolutely had to have (keep in mind I'm dadt) so I asked if I could buy it. It took a little convincing as apparently she feels like she has to be my personal gatekeeper to ensure that I stay within her boundaries but she finally relented and gave it to me. It was definitely very feminine and before we were done I spotted another and asked for that one too. That is where she drew the line and said "no, it's too feminine and will look weird" so I didn't get that one but .500 ain't bad. She has ice cream buckets full of auction jewelry laying around while she documents and photographs it so it's really hard keeping my hands to myself.

Star, Besides the DADT you are cutting into her business profits when you get a piece for free.
    Crissy

Found a perfectly good brown belt on the sidewalk once and at first walked by it but came back to pick it up a few minutes later. But even better, a few months ago my wife and I were going into the local Aldi ( a mini-Costco down under) and near the entrance was a pair of brand new black lacy panties. When we came out of the store they were still there and hung over a railing. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth twice we put them in our shopping bag. Got home took off the tag, tried them on and they were a perfect fit! On me, not my wife

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    A few years ago, a woman on Craigslist was selling a large lot of plus sized clothing. I went to meet her expecting maybe a box of clothes.... nope. For $40, I ended up completely filling my CRV not once but TWICE with dresses, jeans, blouses, bras still new in packaging, skirts and shirts. Given that this woman was very small and thin, I wondered who exactly they must have belonged to, since she was so relieved to get rid of it all. Most of it was not cheap, some new with tags. I kept what fit and donated a good chunk to Goodwill, as I was about to have heart surgery and realized I should be getting rid of stuff in case the worst happened.
    Life is too short to be boring.

I bike ride a lot. I've found women's clothes at least twice while out riding, including a camisole and sports bra, and a top. Spot them, wash 'em, wear 'em.

I lived in a building above a boutique and found a skirt/top combo in the garbage room, nicely laid out and suitable for my size. It was my first outfit that wasn't borrowed.

I do volunteer work at a state park. Just off a very out of the way back trail I found a remote campsite. It appeared someone had come in by 4 wheeler from the backside of the park. Camping is illegal in this park. They had left a garbage bag or it fell of the 4 wheeler when they left. Inside the bag was all sots of lingerie. Everything from frilly panties to 2 corsets.

Quote Originally Posted by cdinmd206 View Post
    I do volunteer work at a state park. Just off a very out of the way back trail I found a remote campsite. It appeared someone had come in by 4 wheeler from the backside of the park. Camping is illegal in this park. They had left a garbage bag or it fell of the 4 wheeler when they left. Inside the bag was all sots of lingerie. Everything from frilly panties to 2 corsets.
    Is that where I dropped them? Ha, good on you.