Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do I do?

What do I do?

Slightly weird one... out shopping with my wife and I spot a tartan skirt in mustard and black that looks perfect. I test the water with ?that?s nice, I should buy it for me? (Sometimes she agrees, other times not). My wife looks at it and says she?s going to buy it for herself, which she does. We get home and she tries it on and it?s really not very flattering on her. While she?s in the bathroom I try it on and it fits perfectly. I ask her to give it to me and she says ?no? she?ll slim down to fit it. What do I do? I really want that skirt!

Susan -

I would say you need to go back to the store and buy one for yourself...

It was in H&M on the Champs-Elysee in Paris. We’re going home in the morning. No time to go back.

It appears sharing is out of the question��.
    Because that would seem like a fairly easy solution.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U know what u want and the size. Buy something similar from the stores back home. Or, online!

Do NOT steal or sneak your wife's skirt! Maybe, buy something u think she'll like better. Then, SWAP!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Susan,
    One question , why didn't your wife try it on in the shop especially as you won't be going back , it's obviously too small ?

You should be able to get H&M online , maybe order a larger size for your wife but don't tell her and then swap them over .

Platinum Member
    Nothing much you can do. I would watch out for the rest of your wardrobe if in fact she does slim down to your size. You may be losing a lot of clothing.

Banned Read only
    Why can't you share? My wife and I are the same dress size and we share all the time.

We both have had to accept that things we bought for ourselves actually look better on the other person.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why are some of you so afraid to speak up and say something to your spouse?

You buy one for yourself. Duh.

I'm sure H & M would have their stock on line. Check the website and buy one for yourself.

Platinum Member
    My advice is to tell her you like it too, but wait your turn. You can have it when she tires of it
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Grow a pair and but your own

Tracii, it’s not afraid of and I don’t need permission, but I do like to get agreement when I can

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Majella, grow a pair is not very helpful. I love my wife and will not simply tread all over her feelings to achieve what I want

Yes, please take the caring and compromising path on this one if she is not totally on board with your dressing. That is a small sacrifice to have the freedoms that you seem to have. Most on hear complain about zero tolerance SO's. By something similar, but not the same. I do not believe that rubbing her nose in it (buying the same skirt) is the way to go. Good luck.

Banned Read only
    Susan,
    I've just been online to check out H & M , I found only one skirt that matches your description but if it's the one they are still stocking it , In the UK it's ?17.99 . Infact I might just pop over to see if my local store has them in stock , I agree it's a nice skirt .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-19-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Seems like she's rubbing your nose in it by buying something she knew you wanted, that wasn't cool, if you allow her to treat you like a second class citizen, then you will never be happy and will soon resent her. Does she tell you how to cut your hair and cut up your meat for you. I stand by my advice. Be a man or at least a strong woman.

I don't think one skirt is worth any disagreement at all. There'll be plenty of other skirts.

Simple, just buy your own.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Agreement when I can?
    That sounds like you have no choice and you do what she says or else.
    How is that fair for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Smith View Post
    Slightly weird one... out shopping with my wife and I spot a tartan skirt in mustard and black that looks perfect. I test the water with ?that?s nice, I should buy it for me? (Sometimes she agrees, other times not). My wife looks at it and says she?s going to buy it for herself, which she does. We get home and she tries it on and it?s really not very flattering on her. While she?s in the bathroom I try it on and it fits perfectly. I ask her to give it to me and she says ?no? she?ll slim down to fit it. What do I do? I really want that skirt!
    You're new at this, aren't you. My friend, you are contemplating a dangerous line of reasoning. Not that it's flawed, but it's still a loser.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Smith View Post
    I love my wife and will not simply tread all over her feelings to achieve what I want
    But it's okay for her to do that to you??

Down with the matriarchy!

#boypower

#drunkellbee

I am not married. I am not married. I am not married. I am not married. I am not married.

However 😛, if your wife knew of the extent of your dressing needs before she married you, then I think it might be in bounds for you to buy one of your own.
    If you came out after marriage and got anything less than unqualified support from her, then I think you will always be on the back foot in stuff like this.

Even without having seen the skirt, I am reasonably confident it's not the best skirt of all time. Therefore, clench your teeth until a better one shows up, and then get that. You would most likely turn attention away from the skirt in question when that happens anyway; whether it's in your possession or not.

All the best! 🤞.

I am not married. I am not married. I am not married. I am not married. I am not married.

- L.

Wow! Are all you girls here giving advice married? Standing up for your rights is one thing, but just slamming your rights in the wife's face is certain doom.

To Susan, she obviously knows you dress, I would talk to her again and let her know you like the skirt and if she won't give it to you, or share, then you intend to buy your own. Test the waters and see her reaction. If she gets pissy about it perhaps some sit down and talk time is in order.

Nothing. Very easy, and it won't cost you a penny.

Now talking more seriously, no idea, just be careful and don't end up in the hospital or almost there because of a decision.