Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do I do?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    Wow! Are all you girls here giving advice married?
    Nope!

I absolutely *refuse* to give in to the matriarchy.

And yes -- it's real, girls... Don't kid yourselves.

#ellbeeMGTOW...beforeitwaseverathing

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nope here too ellbee.
    I finally wised up and quit taking the abuse she was dishing out.
    Its not fair to let her tell you what to do or for her to pretty much slap you in the face and buy the skirt.
    I think you are too close to the situation to actually see what she did here.
    1. Women are spiteful
    2. She knew it wasn't her size.
    3.She bought it because she knew you wanted it.
    4.She has no plans to diet or lose weight to fit in it.
    5.She did it out of spite.
    6. She did it because she knows you won't do anything.
    Its called a lack of respect.
    I have been married twice to two very spiteful women so I know how they operate all too well.

Now please don't get mad at me because I may have hurt your male ego a bit but you needed to hear it from an impartial onlooker.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-19-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Why not just agree to share it?
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Spammer
    Sharing it seems like a small request on your part and if she says no then you know what she thinks of your CDing.

Banned Read only
    Wow! Are all you girls here giving advice married?
    Well I have been married for over 25 years so I think I have a pretty good idea about how to survive one. As I have said plenty of times marriage is a partnership. Both partners have to make sacrifices, compromises, and sometimes you get to have it your own way. But no relationship is going to last when one partner has all the control, makes all the decisions, and treats the other like chattel.

I assume the skirt has a tag on it. Find out the firm that makes it, look it up online and order one.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Wow! Are all you girls here giving advice married? Standing up for your rights is one thing, but just slamming your rights in the wife's face is certain doom.
    LMAO !! NO kidding !!!!

You bow up at me about a flipping skirt after all I put up with concerning this and you will regret it and no she is not rubbing it in anyones face she just wants the *#&@ skirt , my god I swear there are so many other vastly more important things to argue over and this is not it .
    I cannot BELIEVE some of these answers here . Seriously .
    Yes OP just get what you want online and be done with it .

I find it very strange that some here wish so badly to be something they cannot stand ...
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Banned Spammer
    I find it very strange that some here wish so badly to be something they cannot stand ...[/QUOTE]

Respectfully I only wish to be myself, that has nothing to do with my exes and how I was treated by them so lets get that straight.
    I do find women very spiteful and manipulative to their spouses.That has been my experience and I see it a lot on this forum by member comments.
    It does make sense to just go buy one yourself and be done with it but she shouldn't have treated him that way in the first place is my point.

Well, I find it hard to look into Susan's situation with the few lines written here. You personal experiences might have noting to do in this situation. Drawing a hard line will eventually end the relationship. Maybe it is due to end anyway, but conversation first, then decide how hard you want to push the situation.

When my wife first found out about my dressing she put her foot down and I went deep back into the closet. I am certain if I had pushed she would have left me. We continued to talk about it and eventually she backed down and I was able to dress again, DADT. That slowly progressed and now I am fully out to her. She mentions when she wants her "man" back for a while and I tone it down for a day or two. It is the least I can do for her continued acceptance. She didn't volunteer for this crazy husband and I can understand how it looks from her side.

Imagine marrying a beautiful woman, then one day she tosses all her beautiful feminine dresses, skinny blue jeans, high heels, then decides she wants to wear nothing but logger boots, flannel shirts and men's blue jeans, then cut her beautiful hair off, and stop wearing makeup, oh, then add a chain drive trucker wallet. Plus she doesn't give a sh*t what you say. We as husbands would freak out too.

It depends. You may find the same skirt online, as others have mentioned. Try that first.

If you can't get it any other way and really want the exact one your wife has bought, wait for the novelty of the skirt to wear off. Then, shop for a nice skirt (at least as nice as the skirt in question, definitely comparable in quality, maybe costing a bit more) in a size closer to your wife's current size.

Tell your wife you got a skirt that doesn't fit you very well and ask her to try it. It should fit her better than it fits you. Offer to trade the new skirt for that old thing you both got during that french trip you took <insert amount of time elapsed here>.

That's the best solution I can think of.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I'm curious--do you want this as a "skirt" for your femme-self, or as a cheap alternative for a "kilt" for your male-self? If the former, go buy one. If the latter, pass. You can't wear a plaid skirt in male-mode and hope everyone thinks it's a kilt. I could go on-and-on about the "whys" and "why nots" but I won't. Take it from a guy who wears actual kilts and plays the pipes. A man in a skirt is a man in a skirt. If that yellow and black plaid skirt is the McLeod tartan, I'd pass any way. It's as ugly as sin.
    Jon

If your wife is like mine she has no idea what she has. When she buys a dress or something I put my eye on usally about a week she won't even remember.

If she won't give you the skirt, then ask to at least borrow it until she fits into it. THAT if nothing else should be an incentive for her to slim down. "Win-win", I say.

How about offering to wear ita bit to loosen it up for her.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    You should be able to get H&M online , maybe order a larger size for your wife but don't tell her and then swap them over .
    &
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    If she won't give you the skirt, then ask to at least borrow it until she fits into it. THAT if nothing else should be an incentive for her to slim down. "Win-win", I say.
    Oh, yes, implying that she's too fat is a great idea. That always works out just great.

slamming your rights in the wife's face is certain doom.
    ^this. Count your blessings. You have a wife who tolerates your crossdressing.

Order your own. When it comes, tell her that you liked it so much you bought your own. This way she has the option to tell you that you can borrow hers if you ask, or just let you have one for yourself. You can always return stuff, you know.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    If she sees it fits you better it will crush her.

As Elsa famously sang in the movie FROZEN: “Let it go.” It is one item of clothing in a (hopefully) long relationship. Amazing to me how many respond here with advice to fight about this as though this should be Custer’s Last Stand. (He got slaughtered.) Nancy

Banned Spammer
    Not fighting over it Nancy just standing up to her because its the right thing to do.
    A marriage is a partnership not a one spouse rules it all.
    Each have the right to be treated fairly.

Reality Check
    Your wife is going to "slim down" to fit a dress? That's not likely so at some point she may give it to you. If she does actually "slim down", the rest of her clothes aren't going to fit her so maybe she will give them to you.

Some folks here have suggested that you are giving in to your wife and that you should do whatever suits you. These folks are obviously not married and don't understand that a marriage requires compromise and respect for the other partner's feelings. Surely your wife and your marriage is far more important to you than a single dress.

Do what you know is best for your marriage. Eventually your wife may give you the dress or agree to share it. If not, get a different dress. Do not get a copy of the same dress, that would be an insult to her.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    Lexi,
    The implication of the OP was that the wife had bought the wrong size not that she was too fat , I feel her comment about slimming down to fit the skirt was to block the idea of passing the skirt on or allowing her to share it .

Really it's not an expensive skirt what is all the fuss about let the wife keep the skirt and buy a new one .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-20-2020 at 03:51 PM.

doing your best in your avatar seems to be working, do what works for you and your wife. most times peeps here say dont wear moms, sisters, girlfriends, wife's stuff....get your own is the mantra.....you found it she purchased it, return it here, give her her money back and buy it for yourself. we all know bringing up her losing weight issue is a landmine....dont go there

H&M site:
    https://www2.hm.com/en_us/productpage.0814652001.html
    interweb search :
    https://www.google.com/search?q=tart...&bih=746&dpr=2

whatever you decide get there before me cuz i think i would look cute in one of those....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Susan, this it a bit tongue in cheek, but you said "and I spot a tartan skirt"...

If you really saw it FIRST, then by all the laws and principles that hold the universe together THAT SKIRT IS YOURS!

Remind you wife that you saw it first, and see how she responds.
    (BTW I've been married to the same woman for 41 years).

Let it go for the the sake of peace and quiet, wait a little while then buy another skirt but dont rock the boat over this one IMHO
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Aspiring Member
    Sorry, not a hill to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Smith View Post
    It was in H&M on the Champs-Elysee in Paris. We?re going home in the morning. No time to go back.
    I guess you will just have to extend your stay in Paris. I would do that!