Thread: Question about forum categories

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question about forum categories

I hung around here lurking for quite a while before deciding to participate in the discussions a few months ago. During my lurking, reading and learning time I read posts in both the Crossdressing and Transgender sections and there are familiar names in both. As I mentioned a while ago I'm finding that dressing is a part of who I am but posts in the transgender section seem to resonate more with me. I'm old and wise enough to know that jumping to conclusions will only cause further confusion so I am limiting my posts to the crossdressing section until I get into therapy and sort things out. I suppose that if were to I post or reply in the transgender section it is dependent on what I believe about myself and not what anyone else thinks. Some posts limit responses to people who identify in specific ways so I am aware of that and I respect those guidelines along with limiting my posts to this section until I get a better grasp of who I am when all of the layers are pulled away.

My question is probably closer to an observation but I presume that girls who post in both sections started out identifying as crossdressers until they understood themselves better. Am I correct in my observation? I'm in kind of a confusing place where feminizing myself in subtle ways, shaving, feminine manicure and clear polish and trimmed brows are more important to me than say for example wearing a bra and forms or going out in public en femme. The emphasis on going out kind of reminds me of way back in my early 20's when we'd smoke a certain herb. The phrase "let's show" aka smoke in public was a dare that sometimes defied logic and kind of reminds me of some of the posts on this forum that sometimes come across as advocate going out en femme as a necessary step regardless of circumstances.

I'm retired and enjoy my home life and aside from my obsession with feminizing my appearance as much as possible to balance with my dadt I do not feel incomplete if my quick run to the hardware store to grab a part in the middle of a plumbing project puts the emphasis on quick and not how I'm dressed. Truth be told I am a home body who practically lives in sweats this time of the year. In my world going out to the club dressed to kill isn't exciting because I wouldn't go out on the town in drab either. I suppose most of my questions will be answered starting later this week at my first appointment so I'm not fishing for any speculation on where I fall in the CD/Transgender spectrum but simply an observation based on reading through old posts. I do know that I would do more dressing if my circumstances permitted but that is a whole other post.

Anyways, back on point. Comments about posting in more than one section and what led some of you to do so.
    Last edited by Star01; 01-19-2020 at 01:02 PM.