Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's the Roaring 20's

A trip down memory lane:

50 nostalgic photos of what the world looked like in the 1920s

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...soI?li=BBnb7Kz
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the pictures, Denice! Loved the French cafe in that first photo. Charming and elegant. Interesting skirt lengths too, "evolution in progress," halfway between the Edwardian ankle length and the more or less "around the knee" lengths that later became standard. Today I guess we'd call it a "midi." It's flattering.

I think I see a glass of red wine in one lady's hand. I can't be sure, but coffee isn't served in a glass (except for Irish coffee in today's America). The French were lucky; they were never burdened by an Eighteenth Amendment. They were too sensible for that. Besides, they had a Great War to get over, which hit them harder than most. Time to celebrate!

I see a lot of adds for "Flapper" fashions. I am seeing it more at clubs as well!

As for flat chested women...that was certainly there...but remember that Mae West ( google her for those too young to remember her) was anything but flat chested.

It seems that there is an interest in dressing up again. One woman I talked to said "Thank God we are having an explosion of femininity, I am so tired of dressing like a man" lmao..I"m not sure "explosion of femininity" is what is happening, but still with the Swing dancing crowd and now the flapper crowd, plus all the retro looks that are all the rage in Europe, we may see more fun clothing options in the future.

I don't see why anyone would refer to the present as the roaring 20s. Furthermore, I don't think it's possible for those styles to come back. I foresee leggings becoming more translucent over the next 10 years!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I have a roaring 20s flapper dress that I have never worn. Guess I need to put it on soon. Bought it for a themed night event I never got to go to.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    I don't see why anyone would refer to the present as the roaring 20s. Furthermore, I don't think it's possible for those styles to come back. I foresee leggings becoming more translucent over the next 10 years!
    Leggings will come out of a spray can in the immediate future.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Every style comes back around, just a little modified.
    When referring to "the roaring 20's" it refers to the style and atmosphere of the popular culture of the era, not the real life of the average person.
    We think of the Hollywood version of it.
    I will buy a new flapper style dress and I will wear it out for an evening.
    Have a little fun will ya.
    Stop with the party pooper stuff.

Remember, flapper dress means no bra. If you want a boobish figure in one of those dresses, it has to be natural (or surgically augmented), OR, you need to have some forms very well attached. Those dresses let everything shake, rattle and roll, well ahead of the late 50s/early 60s. They were fleeing the restrictive foundation garments of the Victorian era.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!