Thread: Dresses In The Closet

Dresses In The Closet

My wife hates laundry so I put away her laundry (usually dressed but that is besides the point). Most of my clothes are in my home office closet but my dresses are too long for the short racks in my home office closet, so I hang them next to her dresses. I have a cardboard ring to separate our dresses (and other cardboard rings separating dresses from sweatshirts, long sleeves from short sleeves, etc).

A few months back my wife comes out in a dress saying she doesn't remember buying the dress she has on. I tell her it is mine and reminded her about the cardboard separators. She was like "Oh" and commented that I had too many dresses (still less than her and I wear dresses more often anyways since she likes buying them but saves them for special occasions where as I wear one or two a week since they are so darn comfortable).

Last night I was reading in my home office and hear my wife yelling about my mother in law wearing one of my dresses. I go to see what is going on and apparently she was looking to borrow a dress from my wife for an event in a week (since she only owns a few dresses) and accidentally tried one on from my section. I told her about the cardboard separators. She went back to try on other dresses. It was kind of fun seeing her critique my wife's dresses. But I figured I would leave them and later on when I asked if she picked one of my dresses or one of my wife's dresses she said she didn't realize she could borrow one of mine so my wife won by default.

Asew, you definitely got a chuckle out of me on this one. Be sure to take the opportunity to offer your MIL another opportunity to “shop” your side of the closet.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Banned Read only
    That is a cute story but I still don't understand why so many couples can't share?

so funny.
    I don't separate mine, wife and daughters just help themselves.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Love it, and would love to have such an open and understanding relationship!

Asew, That is funny. Glad your MIL is supportive.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by NancyJ View Post
    Love it, and would love to have such an open and understanding relationship!
    I agree with Nancy, and it is so nice to share.
    Crissy

Roberta, we do agree to share but barely ever actually wear the other one's stuff. Mostly because we prefer the ones we picked out (she doesn't like my dresses except some of the simple black ones and most of her dresses are too short for my long torso). In actuality we share costumes and sweater type things occasionally. We both have too much of our own clothes anyways...

We don't separate ours.
    Everything hangs in the closet and comingles. We wear what fits the moment without the "hers or hers" debate.
    It's funny though. Years ago we did a lot of "house hunting". We would go look at model homes trying to find the floorplan we preferred as we were thinking about building a retirement home. We found one home that actually had 3 walkin closets and my wife saw them first and said "look they have His, Hers and Hers, one for each of us". The people around us probably thought we had a daughter, little did they know.
    I'm glad we didn't do that as I love seeing all of OUR clothes together and having so many choices.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Reality Check
    I have one side of the closet and my wife has the other side. We have agreed to share but seldom do. She has given me a few that she bought for herself and then didn't like. All the in-laws are gone now but they were hundreds of miles away anyway.
    Krisi

Ours are separated, she hangs hers in the closet and I have a hidden box in the attic.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Cardboard separators"?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes Sherry. Cardboard separators, in my case, meaning all stuffed in a cardboard box.

Platinum Member
    I admire couples that can freely share and co-mingle their wardrobe. To me, that feels like an amazing expression of closeness and intimacy.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sherry, you know how at stores on the racks they sometimes have plastic discs to separate sizes (often at thrift stores or clearance racks). Well I made our own out of cardboard. So for example I have one between her short sleeve and long sleeve shirts and when I put new laundry away I put them at the separator, that way the clothes farthest from that center point she has not worn and she can more easily get rid of stuff she doesn't wear after she buys too much to fit in the closet (black friday...).

That's a really good system. I might try something like that.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Funny story. It's nice you can share.

Reality Check
    I'm trying to figure out if your mother in law knows those dresses are yours and that you wear dresses.

As far as sorting and separating, I separate my clothes by color.
    Krisi

Krisi, she knows and seen me in several dresses and many skirts. I even went out with her twice dressed up for Halloween festivities. She also bought me 2 running skirts for Christmas

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    I thought I was lucky with an understanding wife, couldnt imagine my MIL being accepting enough to borrow a dress.

You are lucky and having fun too. I love the "yours, mine and ours" approach that includes MIL. It wold never have worked with my MIL though my wife and I swap quite peacefully.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Asew View Post
    Krisi, she knows and seen me in several dresses and many skirts. I even went out with her twice dressed up for Halloween festivities. She also bought me 2 running skirts for Christmas
    Thanks for the reply. I'm sure it's great ot having to hide when she is around.
    Krisi

MeshelleCD, actually the MIL is the most understanding person I have. I never expected her to be so understanding. She even pushes my wife to be more accepting.

Hi Asew,

Such a cute story. It's so nice your family is accepting and you can be open about your dressing. Thanks for sharing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!