Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does any one else think they look like their mother?

hello Amanda,
    my legs look like my mother's
    luv J

I feel I look a little like my older sister.
    She's 68 and looks great, I'm inspired by her hairstyle and her flawless makeup techniques!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Yes, I do look like my mom at times! Sometimes I look like Harry in a dress and sometimes there is Lana Mae! I like the Lana Mae times the best! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I came out to a friend recently, who is close to my family. When I showed her my photos she said I looked like my mother, which no one had said before!

- Manasi

I always looked like my mom, less as i have gotten older though, stinks cause my mom is real pretty hahhaha And she knows i am into dressing, and is cool with it

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

cool your from cork? my family comes from there

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar

Aspiring Member
    Nope. Spittin? image of my eldest sister, though. You would think we are twins.

I thought I didn't look like any of my family members and then I ordered a black wig, as soon as I put it on and looked in the mirror I seen my sister. Let's just say I ripped it off and off to the post office I went. Creeped me out.

In guy mode, I look like my father. In girl mode, I look like my dad in a dress. My sister looks like my paternal grandmother. She's not happy about that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I never used to think so but when I put on a new very short dark wig and took some photos I was initially quite taken aback when I realised I looked very much like my mother AND my sister. After the initial shock I felt very comfortable about it

I did have one wig that made me look too much like my big sister, soon got rid of that. Both my sister and I have the physical traits of my father's side, but I most definitely favour my mother's temperament.

Once after one of my makeovers I saw a picture of my mom at a younger age. The resemblance was striking!!! She always said she wanted a girl also lol.

I live in Cork now, but I’m originally from India. Where in Cork is your family from?

- Manasi

Quote Originally Posted by Allyssa66 View Post
    I always looked like my mom, less as i have gotten older though, stinks cause my mom is real pretty hahhaha And she knows i am into dressing, and is cool with it

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

cool your from cork? my family comes from there

When I was much younger, I dressed, made myself up, and took some pictures. In one of them I was my mother. Disconcerting, especially as I was trying to look sexy.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Scarily similar. I look like my sister's fat twin. If my wife didn't like me better as a brunette, I would only do blonde wigs just to try and NOT look anything like my mom or sister.

I started getting into genealogy a few years ago. Stumbled across an 1848 photo my a fifth great uncle, who was one of the children of my Revolutionary War commander ancestor. I swear he looked exactly like my dad. Exactly.
    Life is too short to be boring.

I felt that I look like my aunt.

I think it might be because she tends to wear noticeable lipstick.

I don't think my mother has worn makeup in years.

My new wig helps to blur that line of resemblance though.

I look slightly like my mother if I don't use foundation and only eyeshadow, mascara and lipstick. My mother is a beautiful woman, however I don't fancy at all looking like her, so I use foundation and voila, I look like me, just made up and with a softer face.
    Last edited by DianeT; 02-03-2020 at 05:54 PM.

I fully dressed with my wife last week. When I put on my wig, she said, "You look just like your sister. At least like she did when she was younger." Actually a compliment. Nothing was said about looking like my mother.

Silver Member
    Despite being very large (she was very, very thin) and having longer hair than she had, there is a strong resemblance to my mother.

Not at all like my Mother to look at, apparently I am the image of my Father.
    But my taste in clothing is all Mother's. She loved silky underwear and nighties; her skirts and dresses were of the 1940s and 1950s. These are the things I value above more modern styles.

I had never given it much thought, until one day working on my makeup, I looked up to see my mother, it was a shock to me. That only happened once.

Sometimes I see my great-aunt Mildred. She was a very nice person, but it is not the look I was going for I wish I looked like my mom’s side of the family, but I don’t.
    Last edited by BarbDriscoll; 03-31-2020 at 05:02 PM.

I noticed a strong resemblance for the first time this week, not so much in my face but in my body shape. I looked at the way my dress draped over my body and thought at my age, I look a lot like my Mom looked at the same age.

Before I was buying my own clothes and needed to “borrow” them, Mom’s things fit me better than either of my two sisters’. My Mom and I had the same shoe size which was immensely helpful in the early days. The sizes always worked - I suppose the increase in resemblance is due to the way things are settling in over time.

Facially it will never happen. People who have met my Dad but have never met me know instantly that I am his son.

My maternal grandmother.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    For me Amanda, yes..... Especially when I wear my curly, brunette wig. LOL My mom's hair used to look almost exactly like that. When in male mode, I mostly favor one of my mom's brothers, but en femme, I favor my mom a lot. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.