Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does any one else think they look like their mother?

Aspiring Member
    when dressed and in makeup i am a carbon copy of my late mom

Many years ago I was leaving the elder apartment where my mother was living and was joined on the elevator by one of the staff.

We chatted and out of the blue: "Hah, put you in a denim dress [like she wore] and a wig and you can't tell the two of you apart."

(To myself): "Buddy, you have no idea."

I'll let you decide .

Mother daughter.jpg

My features are a mix of my mom and maternal grandfather and it's as though I didn't inherit anything at all in the looks department from my dad's side of the family. Virgin birth, perhaps.

- Diane

The first time I put on my wife's wig in the late 60's and looked in the mirror I thought that I was looking at my sister. Neither of us looked like our mother. My mother was heavy set and had a Roman nose which apparently my father's genes over powered. Both were tall which was an advantage as a man but it's hard finding size 13 women's shoes. Yes, I mourn the demise of Payless.

Silver Member
    The first time my aunt saw me fully dressed she told me to walk down the hall and come back. I had on heals and walked back she told me not only did I look like my mom, but I walked just like her in heals.

It?s spooky how much I look like her in her fifties especially when I wear my curly wig. She loved getting a perm. Wonder what mom would think if she ever found out she really had five daughters?

Nope not at all.

In most physical ways I take after my maternal grandfather and my uncle. When made up I look like my mother, which I found a little disconcerting...

In my bad pics I see my Dad in a dress, like I'm in a comedy skit, except it's not funny. With the right pose and the right amount of makeup or youcam I see my Mom and am very happy.

Much like my sister but dress more like my mom in the 60s!

Not me, I look more like my sister.

My face is shaped more like my mother's side of the family so yes, I do look like her when dressed.

I hope not. But I also get annoyed when people say I look like my dad. And annoyed when my wife said certain clothes are something my mom would pick out. I bought a pair of heels as an impulse buy and wearing them reminded me of my mom's heels so I had to get rid of them.

I don't see it but I've been told that.
    They especially say that I have her nose.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleDubois View Post
    I'll let you decide .

Mother daughter.jpg
    Danielle, I see it especially in the mouth, nose, and chin.

Every child, regardless of sex, has 50% of their recombinant DNA from each biological parent. Individual traits for physical appearance, blood group, tendency for short-sightedness, or any other physical condition depend on having inherited either a recessive or a dominant gene from each parent. If your mother?s genes for some particular traits were dominant and your father?s genes for these traits were recessive, you would look more like your mother. Or the reverse. Or, you could have some traits from your mother and some from your father.

Sex, on the other hand, is determined by having received the Y chromosome from the father - which determines whether you will develop male sexual characteristics - and this is completely random. In fathers, only half of sperm cells carry the Y chromosome.

Here?s an image of the Brazilian soccer player Neymar and his son, who obviously looks more like his mother:

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...4f48ed3b8cb7-c

And here?s an image of a brother and sister (Alex and Emma Watson) who look alike - same eyebrow shape, nose, mouth - whether they look more like their father, mother, or a combination of both:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/sev.h-cd...-watson-de.jpg

I personally look more like my father, as does my brother, but we both have inherited many other traits from our mother. My brother and I look alike even though he looks masculine and I look feminine.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Facially I don't resemble either of my parents. However, Sherry occasionally looks remarkably like my former girl friends and wife!
    Good one!
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-22-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    Reine

OMG, I do is some pictures and I am sure my family would think so too. I noticed the resemblance some time back and every once in a while a picture of me just knocks me out. The resemblance is very strong. It is just hereditary I guess!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

More than once I'd been said that. First time my wife. She even thinks my legs ate like my mom.
    Then when out to my brother he told I'm pretty and then I'm like my sister, may be he has in his memory my mom's image that past on 2011being 83 and pass from alzheimer.
    Finally my grandson, 10 years old told me.when the first time that I look like my mom because his dad has hanging on the world a pic from mom on her fifties...I'm proud of it...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I look very similar to my father in some pictures, and like my mother's brother in others. I don't look anything like my mother or her sister, or my father's sister, or even my own sister. I'm okay with that.

No but it has been alluded to that my younger sister looks like me....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Absolutely! I look like my mother when dressed.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Amanda, I look like my younger sister, not my mom.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Maybe if I had a sister I could look like her instead. It might not be as weird feeling.

Umm, yes, I do look like Mom. I have changed my look to my natural white hair color and I look like a cross between her and my MIL who has since passed on. I have some of my MIL's clothes and when I wear them I can escape the resemblance, so I do not wear that outfit near my wife as it would be too much. I started going gray in my 20's. So rarely go for the red head look anymore.