Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If only I had known.

Too true Jacques. We live in much different times. Education is the key. Society is much more aware of the differences among people. Not only would I have been more aware, the people around me would have as well. I am still not over the thrill of having this forum available to me. Thank you all so much for your insight and suggestions. It means a lot to me.

A few things come to mind reading your post.

I actually do like getting stuck into sport, football (soccer - a clue in my username), running, swimming, etc., though a knee injury ended the running. I do like the normal male stuff.

But I like wearing women's clothes. I don't understand it but you realise denial doesn't work. Accepting you like it finally ends the cycle of purgung, avoiding temptation, etc. and you finally just get on with it. You just get on with it, accepting that for parts of your life, it will be in a skirt or dress, stockings, etc. and you realise it's quite enjoyable. Those momnts to yourself where you can dress up can become quite personal and special.

As regards women's attitudes to crossdressing, it varies. One take I've heard is many women look for a father figure in their prospective husbands and the discovery that their man likes women's clothes spoils that illusion. Others include they are going to lose their man as he's going to want to become a woman, he's gay or there's another woman in their man's life that happens to be the man himself. In severe cases, counselling is probably needed to get past that. The don't want to know scenario is a familiar one.

More tongue in cheek, I read one case in a British tabloid where one man came out to his wife and she countered that she was bisexual. She regarded her husband's crossdressing as win win. She could have a chick with a (apologies) dick.

Sue