Thread: A good day shopping

A good day shopping

Hi Girls,

It's been a rough go lately, but I finally pulled myself together enough to take some time to address MeeShell's needs the other day.

I went skiing on Tuesday for the first time this year. (Been battling the flu since New Years) On the way home I stopped at a nearby city. I?d been aching to try and find some more clothes for MeeShell. I actually don?t have very many feminine everyday outfits. I have lots of intimates and some fetish wear, but not much I could go out shopping or casual in. I was dressed in the clothes I?d been skiing in, minus my ski coat and pants. A sweater shirt, a pair of female yoga pants (I love how much support they give my legs) my tall ski boot socks (over the pants) and a pair of tennis shoes. A fleece vest, and a ball cap. I?d brought along a pair of sweats, just in case, but ?woman?d? up, and left them in the car.

I went in a large thrift store and immediately went to the women?s department and started browsing the jeans like I knew exactly what I was doing. I found a couple pairs, I wanted to try, and then perused the dresses and sweaters. I found a pretty red sweater I liked. And headed to the skirts. Found 4 or 5 great skirts I wanted to try. Decided it would be better to head to the men?s wear side dressing rooms, and hurried off with my treasures. Tried everything on and found one pair of pants and one skirt to big, but the rest were going home with me. I return the two items to the racks, and noticed the top, I loved, checked the tag, grabbed it, and headed to the checkout.

The young lady at the cash register, was pleasant. I think she was a little apprehensive as she noticed some of the things she was scanning, but gave me a very friendly smile and thank you as we finished. I didn?t notice one even sideways glance, from customers or SA?s male or female, at what I was wearing or where and what I was shopping for. I left with a very pleasant feeling.

I went off to Walmart to pick up some supplies for changing the oil in the car, and a couple groceries. My experience earlier had emboldened me, and so I proceeded into the store, again, like I knew what I was doing. Gathered up the items I needed and proceeded to peruse the sales in the ladies department. I found a pair of faux leather pants on the clearance rack that were marked as a size, probably, too big for me, but, I just had to try them on, just in case. As far as I could tell, this Walmart has one set of fitting rooms and they are located in the ladies intimates department. I went and asked the associate (a male) if there was an available room. He said yes and asked how many, I said one and held up the pants. He led me to the room. I tried them on and unfortunately the tag was correct. I exited, and now it was a female associated tending the rooms. She offered to take the pants, and I handed them to her and thanked her.

I stopped at the end cap, with the tights on it, and was looking for the size and style I wanted. A lady customer, about my age came up and wanted to look too. Wasn?t much room for two, but I tried to accommodate her best I could. She, sort of, half mumbled a ?Huh.? And went on her way. Not sure if it was directed at me, or what she saw on the rack, or the combination, but no matter. I found the tights, I wanted, and went to the checkout. Saw a cute dress on the way, but knew it would look terrible on me, especially with some extra stress weight, so I resolved to continue to work on shedding the extra pounds (which is going pretty good) and return to try it on, or one like it, when I reach my goal.

All in all, a very pleasant and uneventful shopping experience.

I have to agree with others, if your going about your business, like it's your business, and not, necessarily, like your trying to test the waters. I don't think it matters much what you look like. People just treat you like your supposed to be doing whatever it is your doing, and go about what they are doing.

Hugs
    MeeShell

P.S. pic of one of my new outfits in the Gallery
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body.
    "not that there's anything wrong with that"-George Costanza
    I just feel pretty in pink

Banned Read only
    MeeShell,
    So right in what you say , just go about your business and be pleasant but business like with others . I have a problem now where I can't shop in drab even if it is on the odd occasion , it feels weird and I feel uncomfortable and out of place .

I hope you enjoy your finds , and I'm very envious of you grabbing some skiing time , I hope you don't mind but I checked your age , I didn't learn to ski until I was 55 , I was totally hooked but haven't been for about 4 years . It would be lovely to do it as Teresa but to be honest I'm not sure if I could stand the cold anymore .

Hi Teresa,
    I love skiing. Been doing it almost as long as I've been interested in crossdressing.(Grade School) You should go. Today's marvels in thermal clothing help a bunch. Those little hand and foot warmer packets you can get at the sporting goods, or hardware stores help tremendously also.

I've often thought about skiing enfemme, while riding up the hill. Then I think what would change for that. I already wear a sports bra(for support) and I just can't seem to put on a bra without panties. I wear ladies yoga pants because they help wonderfully with the muscle fatigue.

I watch the woman who are skiing below and think, except for some of their obvious shape differences, the only difference , sometimes is the color of their ski clothes.

Maybe a wig to show a little hair, but I don't think I'd want to risk smashing my forms in a crash , but maybe. Otherwise ski clothes are pretty generic.

Either way, I find skiing very enjoyable, and would encourage you to get back up their. I'm not even close to the oldest person up on the hill where I ski regularly.

Hugs Meesh
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body.
    "not that there's anything wrong with that"-George Costanza
    I just feel pretty in pink

Teresa I too find I need to shop for female stuff dressed en femme. Can?t imagine buying a lipstick or dress when in drab!

Hi MeeShell,

It sounds like you had quite a day of shopping. Everyone here says the more you do it the easier I gets. It's so true. Thank you for sharing your experiences.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Meeshell: maybe get a cheap set of foam forms for skiing?