I was establishing care with a new primary physician last week, and she wanted an EKG reading. No problem, I thought, since they only hook the silly little pads up to your chest, right? Not so much...

The nurse rolls in the EKG cart and asks me to take off my shirt. Easy peasy. Then she asks me to lie down on the exam table. Piece of cake.

Before I go any further, it's worth mentioning that 90% of the time my fiancee isn't with me, I'm wearing pantyhose and usually a skirt, too. On this occasion it was the pantyhose I affectionately refer to as my "jammies" (a pair of nude CdR Super Lucidos with various holes and runs), along with panties and a silver anklet under my "guy" jeans. So anyhoo...

The nurse pulls up my pantleg and starts applying alcohol to my ankle through my tights! Apparently she didn't notice them! I quickly offer to remove the nylons, and the nurse confirms that she didn't realize I was wearing them.

Long story short: I undressed and re-dressed while the nurse was in the room, and my bright pink toenails were exposed (why put my shoes back on for the 5 minutes the test takes?) for the duration of the test and not another word was said.

And to think, being caught wearing panties or pantyhose in the ER used to be a major fear of mine. Now it's not even an issue.

BTW my EKG came out fine. 😁😁