I've noticed a few things with crossdressing that show crossdressing can be a learning experience. Examples.

1) My first experience of crossdressing was in my mid-teens with a pair of tights (within a week it was bottom half then fully dressed a week later ? I was a late developer let?s say). A programme on television and made me wonder what they'd be like and I thought I'd give it a try. As suggested elsewhere on here, there was no turning back once I tried a time of women's clothing (I wonder how many potential crossdressers there are out there who are yet to sample ladies clothing), but that's another story. You quickly learn the art of rolling hosiery onto legs rather than pull them on like pants.

2) Most other items of clothing were straight forward pull on and fasten as appropriate. Where a skirt had a zip fastening, I soon learnt to do it at the front then twist the skirt round to place the fastening at the back. Blouses were most confusing, with fastening being to opposite to men?s' shirts.

3) Walking in heels is an acquired act if the heels are too high. The positioning of the foot in a high heeled shoe is not the same as a flat shoe and you have to learn to place your foot such that toe and heel make contact with the ground roughly together and you don't have the same push up with your foot in a heeled shoe that you do in a flat shoe. This is easily learnt with heels less that say two and a half inches (as far as I think I'll push it as higher starts to hurts the ball of my feet), but harder above that height. I will make the strange comment that I have a long term knee injury and in heels, there is less pressure on that injury due to the change in posture.

4) Fastening bras and suspender belts can be interesting with hook and eye fastenings at the back. Bras especially, this is an acquired knack that takes a few goes to get right. I've seen a suggestion of fastening the bra first then pulling it on over your head and into position as an alternative. Separately, I don't think I'll ever find a bra comfortable.

5) Tights versus hold-ups versus stockings and suspender / garter belt. It's a toss-up between tights and hold-ups as to which are easier to pull on. Wearing them, hold-up elastic dig into your legs and there is a tolerance level whilst tights feel clammy in the crotch area and eventually seem to start sagging.

Stockings plus suspender / garter belt are to me the most comfortable and convenient once in place, the obvious thought being wearing the panties over the suspenders so going to the toilet meant just pulling the panties down and doing the necessary without having to undo anything else. With tights and potentially but less so hold-ups, it can be a hassle to put things back in place after the fact. However, stockings with garter / suspender belt can be the most difficult to put on.

The suspender belt is straight forward as is pulling or rolling on the stockings. But then comes the fastening of the stockings to the suspenders. Learning first to adjust the length of the suspenders to correctly fasten to the stockings then push the button through the hole then push down to fasten the stocking in place was a little tricky. Harder was fastening the rear suspender (four strap) or suspenders (six strap) until I realised, I could fasten the rear strap at the side then twist the stocking round the back to put in place, before doing the front strap last. I see why women get annoyed with them.

Another issue is the right sized stockings. If you've long legs, you need large or plus-sized stockings or the stockings can pull on especially plastic fastenings (hence recommendations of metal fastnings) and come undone.

But once you get the stockings and suspender / garter belt combination sorted, then yes, I find that the most comfortable option of the three.

Indeed, it?s a learning but enjoyable experience.

Sue