Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Observations as you experiment with ladies' clothing (learning experince).

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Observations as you experiment with ladies' clothing (learning experince).

I've noticed a few things with crossdressing that show crossdressing can be a learning experience. Examples.

1) My first experience of crossdressing was in my mid-teens with a pair of tights (within a week it was bottom half then fully dressed a week later ? I was a late developer let?s say). A programme on television and made me wonder what they'd be like and I thought I'd give it a try. As suggested elsewhere on here, there was no turning back once I tried a time of women's clothing (I wonder how many potential crossdressers there are out there who are yet to sample ladies clothing), but that's another story. You quickly learn the art of rolling hosiery onto legs rather than pull them on like pants.

2) Most other items of clothing were straight forward pull on and fasten as appropriate. Where a skirt had a zip fastening, I soon learnt to do it at the front then twist the skirt round to place the fastening at the back. Blouses were most confusing, with fastening being to opposite to men?s' shirts.

3) Walking in heels is an acquired act if the heels are too high. The positioning of the foot in a high heeled shoe is not the same as a flat shoe and you have to learn to place your foot such that toe and heel make contact with the ground roughly together and you don't have the same push up with your foot in a heeled shoe that you do in a flat shoe. This is easily learnt with heels less that say two and a half inches (as far as I think I'll push it as higher starts to hurts the ball of my feet), but harder above that height. I will make the strange comment that I have a long term knee injury and in heels, there is less pressure on that injury due to the change in posture.

4) Fastening bras and suspender belts can be interesting with hook and eye fastenings at the back. Bras especially, this is an acquired knack that takes a few goes to get right. I've seen a suggestion of fastening the bra first then pulling it on over your head and into position as an alternative. Separately, I don't think I'll ever find a bra comfortable.

5) Tights versus hold-ups versus stockings and suspender / garter belt. It's a toss-up between tights and hold-ups as to which are easier to pull on. Wearing them, hold-up elastic dig into your legs and there is a tolerance level whilst tights feel clammy in the crotch area and eventually seem to start sagging.

Stockings plus suspender / garter belt are to me the most comfortable and convenient once in place, the obvious thought being wearing the panties over the suspenders so going to the toilet meant just pulling the panties down and doing the necessary without having to undo anything else. With tights and potentially but less so hold-ups, it can be a hassle to put things back in place after the fact. However, stockings with garter / suspender belt can be the most difficult to put on.

The suspender belt is straight forward as is pulling or rolling on the stockings. But then comes the fastening of the stockings to the suspenders. Learning first to adjust the length of the suspenders to correctly fasten to the stockings then push the button through the hole then push down to fasten the stocking in place was a little tricky. Harder was fastening the rear suspender (four strap) or suspenders (six strap) until I realised, I could fasten the rear strap at the side then twist the stocking round the back to put in place, before doing the front strap last. I see why women get annoyed with them.

Another issue is the right sized stockings. If you've long legs, you need large or plus-sized stockings or the stockings can pull on especially plastic fastenings (hence recommendations of metal fastnings) and come undone.

But once you get the stockings and suspender / garter belt combination sorted, then yes, I find that the most comfortable option of the three.

Indeed, it?s a learning but enjoyable experience.

Sue

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think we all have figured that out at one point or another.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I fasten the bra in front then spin it around and put my arms through, easy peasy.

Banned Read only
    Majella, every GG I have seen put on a bra, including my mother, every girlfriend, and my wife put their bra on by hooking it in the front and spinning it around.

I have asked my wife about hooking it in the back and she just laughed and said "Nobody puts on a bra that way unless maybe they are tiny and the bra only has one hook".
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-25-2020 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Majella, every GG I have seen put on a bra, including my mother, every girlfriend, and my wife put their bra on by hooking it in the front and spinning it around .
    You saw your mother putting on a bra? Damn my sheltered childhood.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

When walking in heels, one does NOT put the heel and toe down together unless you want to look like a drill-team marcher. It's heel-to-toe, just like in flats, or guy shoes. One just takes smaller steps.
    Jon

Aspiring Member
    Exactly! One must learn to walk heel to toe or you look like you are walking more like a man, clumping along. I have worked with Phoebe Cross here in Atlanta and she loves my gem movements!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Also, I never saw my mother putting on a bra. In the early years I may have used the front hook and spin method but later I became proud that I could hook it behind my back. Part of becoming a woman! I did see my mom on hose early on. That was one of the first lessons I learned was to gather the hose and roll it up my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Majella, every GG I have seen put on a bra, including my mother, every girlfriend, and my wife put their bra on by hooking it in the front and spinning it around.

I have asked my wife about hooking it in the back and she just laughed and said "Nobody puts on a bra that way unless maybe they are tiny and the bra only has one hook".
    This is why anecdotal evidence is just that. Anecdotal. I know a lot of men AND women who don’t need to do the “clasp and spin”, my wife included who NEVER puts on a bra like that. For the record my wife is anything but tiny and regularly uses bras with 3-4 eyes.

That being said, there’s nothing wrong with the “clasp and spin” if you can’t get it fastened behind your back.

For more info, see: https://ravishly.com/swoop-and-tuck-...r-bra-properly
    Last edited by Micki_Finn; 01-27-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I only have trouble with a couple of dresses, that have a lace or net covering, attached at only a couple places---When they get "Wrong side out" it is the devil to straighten them back up again to put them on.------As far as bras go, I find the "T-Shirt" method works best---Hook the hooks, and put your head and arms through like a T-Shirt and pull it down into position---quick and easy--if you have no REAL Boobs to get in the way.

I have some sports bras with a lot of straps and no hooks. I find it easiest to step into it and pull it all the way up. This may be an even easier technique if you have no hips.

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    I used the same technique for years, but have just lately begun being able to fasten the bra behind my back.

I fasten my bras in the back, always have and never found it difficult. I don't like that "abrasion" of spinning the bra around.
    I can unhook my bra with one hand, and take it off without removing my shirt.

I prefer thigh highs with the silicone liner, as they stay where you put them.

Like Joni said, you walk in heels the same way you do any other shoe. The only time I ever see women land both heel and toe at the same time is on the runway and it always looks intentional, and uncomfortable. Just take smaller steps.
    If you really want the practice, get a treadmill and use it to walk in your heels. Start with something short, I'd say nothing over 2"

Yes, dressing is always a wonderful experience. My favorite part are making necessary adjustments. There?s nothing I wear that I don?t make some adjustments. My bras are my best example...first, second, third, fourth or fifth hook, shoulder strap adjustments, front hook, back hook, leaning forward to scoop, with or without forms. I also hook in front and spin to the right. I adjust my hose, garters, skirts, blouses, makeup, etc. As we know during the day, things shift...more adjustments. Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    I fasten the bra in front then spin it around and put my arms through, easy peasy.
    Now why didn't I think of that?
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

My Wife is fairly large and always fastens her bras to the rear and then leans forward to settle her boobs into the cups.
    I also always do my bras up to the rear.

I often have to zip my skirts up the front and spin as I am a little overweight around the middle and find it easier to get the zip up properly that way. When I have lost a little weight it is a little victory if I can do a skirt zip up at the rear!

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    Same here, seems like the easiest way to do it.

I can undo a bra one handed very easily now. My girlfriend is always amazed at me doing it when we're getting frisky.

Quote Originally Posted by southerngirl View Post
    I can undo a bra one handed very easily now. My girlfriend is always amazed at me doing it when we're getting frisky.
    My wife did notice how easily I undid her bra once, oops.

Silver Member
    my wife and previous girlfriends have always hooked their bras inback. A girlfriend taught me to put my arms through the bra arm openings and bend forward and adjust the bra cups to cover the girls, reach behind and hook the band. Then stand up and adjust the straps to give support to the girls. Bras today have the adjusters in back so you can't do that anymore. I can reach behind and hook them. My*wife does the back thing with triple hooks.

My mother did the hook and spin as did my sisters. One doesn't wear bras, no boobs I got them.

Lol the good old days!

Sue,

Yep, we've all been there. Learning to do bras up, I do mine around the back, no trouble, lots of practice I suppose. Dresses with zips on the side, left or right, same for skirts. It's something discussed here many times, and for the record, they go on the left.

Heels is a two stage process. learning to walk around the house only partially prepares you for walking outside and for any distance. Only worn stocking a few times. Holdups I feel make them sort of redundant. I can see they have a certain glamour, sexiness but practicality wins out for me.

Little skills and tricks we learn along the way. Putting a skirt over a blouse then lifting the skirt to pull the blouse down to get it even all round is one example. Then there's the first time you wear false nails and nearly take an eye out because you forgot they were longer and more pointed. It's hard this CD'ing thing.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I was surprised by your "I don't think I'll ever find a bra comfortable" comment. It sounds like you may be wearing the wrong size bras. I have some very comfortable bras as well as some that are not as comfortable that I bought because I liked the look of them. If you pick the right band size to fit snugly but overly tightly, and pick the right cup size so the underwires are positioned correctly and are the right length for your body, and stretch out the bra slightly if the fit is close but not perfect (hook the bra and overnight put it over the back of a padded chair that is slightly wider than the width of your body-repeat for a few nights if necessary-a lingerie store employee gave me that tip years ago). If you do all of that then there shouldn't be any real reason your bras shouldn't be reasonably comfortable. With my most comfortable bras I can wear them for hours and barely notice I have them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Sue,

Yep, we've all been there. Learning to do bras up, I do mine around the back, no trouble, lots of practice I suppose. Dresses with zips on the side, left or right, same for skirts. It's something discussed here many times, and for the record, they go on the left.

Heels is a two stage process. learning to walk around the house only partially prepares you for walking outside and for any distance. Only worn stocking a few times. Holdups I feel make them sort of redundant. I can see they have a certain glamour, sexiness but practicality wins out for me.

Little skills and tricks we learn along the way. Putting a skirt over a blouse then lifting the skirt to pull the blouse down to get it even all round is one example. Then there's the first time you wear false nails and nearly take an eye out because you forgot they were longer and more pointed. It's hard this CD'ing thing.
    I hear you, but the elastic of hold-ups I find uncomfortable. That said, they are simpler.

The bra comments in that you fasten round the front and spin round make sense as I've found this with the suspender belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Zwidling View Post
    I was surprised by your "I don't think I'll ever find a bra comfortable" comment. It sounds like you may be wearing the wrong size bras. I have some very comfortable bras as well as some that are not as comfortable that I bought because I liked the look of them. If you pick the right band size to fit snugly but overly tightly, and pick the right cup size so the underwires are positioned correctly and are the right length for your body, and stretch out the bra slightly if the fit is close but not perfect (hook the bra and overnight put it over the back of a padded chair that is slightly wider than the width of your body-repeat for a few nights if necessary-a lingerie store employee gave me that tip years ago). If you do all of that then there shouldn't be any real reason your bras shouldn't be reasonably comfortable. With my most comfortable bras I can wear them for hours and barely notice I have them on.
    I don't think I've ever found a woman say they find a bra truely comfortable to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackem Sue View Post
    I hear you, but the elastic of hold-ups I find uncomfortable. That said, they are simpler.

The bra comments in that you fasten round the front and spin round make sense as I've found this with the suspender belt.

I don't think I've ever found a woman say they find a bra truely comfortable to be fair.
    I agree that can be a real issue for women, but assuming a woman is wearing the right size bra I think the discomfort has more to do with transferring the weight of the breasts to the structure of the bra than with the bra itself. Without that breast weight a bra is really just some elastic and fabric wrapped around your chest, so assuming the elastic isn't too tight against your skin, underwires aren't digging in where they shouldn't be etc I see no real reason for a bra to be all that uncomfortable.

Typically when I wear a bra the cups are either empty, slightly padded or have a set of 'enhancers' in them which weigh much less than breasts. I rarely wear forms that weigh the same as breasts, and if I do it is usually only for a few hours. When I do wear forms with realistic breast weight for hours yes the bra is less comfortable, but to my earlier point that is from the elastic now digging into my skin because of that weight transfer from the breasts to the bra band and not because the bra itself is intrinsically uncomfortable. That is a trade-off I can make as I don't have any actual breast weight, and my response assumes that is a trade-off you can make as well.

Always spin the bra after hooking in front.

after practice, I learned to walk with heels, practice makes perfect and pleasurable .

Love to have a variety of tops and skirts and love to mix n match.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen