Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Observations as you experiment with ladies' clothing (learning experince).

when I wear a garter belt I fasten the back first pulled a bit to the side then spin back then do the front.
    Angie

I've always hooked my bras from the back, and have never had a problem with that. It just seemed to come naturally, and every woman I have ever known has done it the same way.

I'm surprised by the number of comments here claiming that most GG's prefer to do the "fasten-and-spin" routine. Yes, I can see that if they have mobility issues, arthritis, or rheumatism etc. in their joints, or are so "curvy" that they have a hard time getting their arms around their backs. That seems counterproductive, though. Being "large" also pre-supposes having big, hefty breasts, and why would anyone want to drag a snug bra band across those with the attendant chafing...especially in the sensitive nipple area, if they don't have to?

My Wife is fairly large and always fastens her bras to the rear and then leans forward to settle her boobs into the cups.
    I also always do my bras up to the rear.

I often have to zip my skirts up the front and spin as I am a little overweight around the middle and find it easier to get the zip up properly that way. When I have lost a little weight it is a little victory if I can do a skirt zip up at the rear!

I have some sports bras with a lot of straps and no hooks. I find it easiest to step into it and pull it all the way up. This may be an even easier technique if you have no hips.

Silver Member
    my wife and previous girlfriends have always hooked their bras inback. A girlfriend taught me to put my arms through the bra arm openings and bend forward and adjust the bra cups to cover the girls, reach behind and hook the band. Then stand up and adjust the straps to give support to the girls. Bras today have the adjusters in back so you can't do that anymore. I can reach behind and hook them. My*wife does the back thing with triple hooks.

My mother did the hook and spin as did my sisters. One doesn't wear bras, no boobs I got them.

Platinum Member
    My biggest learning experience was "Do Not, and, I repeat Do Not try to squeeze into your mother's bra!!!!" As a teen I had only one source of women's clothing....my mother's. This was before the invention of spandex or other stretchy material in bras. Or at least my mother's bras. I squeeze into her one and only black bra and snapped a strap. Duh! WTF to do? I tucked it back in her lingerie draw and prayed she would never have any need for it. Nothing was ever said to my brother or me, but, I was the chief suspect. The hunt was on and my mother and father tried their best to catch me. Never did, thank the goddess! Life would have been very short.

So, buy your own clothes.

Reality Check
    Bras:

On the first date with my future wife, we were in the van after the club closed and making out. I reached around and tried to unhook her bra. I couldn't find the hooks. Eventually she whispered (we were both a bit tipsy) "It unhooks in the front." Yep her bra that night had the hooks in front between the boobs.

Me, I hook the bra in front and rotate it around until the hooks are in the back and the cups are in the front. I have a couple of skirts with rear zippers and I have to do them the same way.
    Krisi

Ah-May-Lee
    I have a different way of hooking the bra. I have my butler clasp the bra.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

When I did wear bras I would do them in the front and spin, just because it seemed easier and more reliable though I had no issues hooking it in the back directly. My wife always hooks in the back and when she had issues with her back still didn't want to try the front and spin method and would just rely on me fastening it.

I like the idea of hold ups but never seem to stay so I prefer stockings and garter the few times I am not barelegged.

Never had to spin a skirt, though I prefer skirts with belt loops or elastic waists so they can handle a wider range of sizes.

Definitely lots of learning initially when embracing ladies' clothing. One I think was even though used to my flat wedding ring, a ornate feminine ring on my right hand would interfere with things I did and snag on stuff sometimes. Learning how to tighten a corset. Experiencing a wide range of styles and fabrics not normally seen in menswear.

Always spin the bra after hooking in front.

after practice, I learned to walk with heels, practice makes perfect and pleasurable .

Love to have a variety of tops and skirts and love to mix n match.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

At 16 I learned from my GF to fasten it in the rear. After several years I gained weight to the point I had to fasten in the front and spin it, but then I started buying front closure bras and absolutely luv them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Men eh? Got to have a giggle at them don't ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    I fasten the bra in front then spin it around and put my arms through, easy peasy.
    Same here, seems like the easiest way to do it.

Hi Majella, If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! Especially with heals and eye makeup, well makeup in general. Thanks for sharing.

With a bra, I find that if I fasten and spin then the straps can get twisted, so I fasten it at the back. It's really easy and works for me.

Aspiring Member
    When I was a child, my Mum worked night shift. Dad worked evening shift. Because I was the eldest and the only one still awake when she dressed for work, I spent the time with her while she dressed. It was a special time for us. My Mum always wore stockings with garters. I am a visual learner, so I knew at an early age how to roll stockings to put them on. I could apply makeup at a similarly early age. For makeup, I soon learned that less is more. The same less is more applied for perfume. I never saw her put on her bra but I was quite impressed at how well she could put on her dress that buttoned in the back. She was on her feet all night so she always wore orthopedic shoes. Even when she dressed for a date night with Dad, she never wore heels. It is probably no surprise to anyone who reads this forum that I was already thinking about getting my own femme clothes at age five and I dressed fully en femme for Halloween at age nine.

Because of how the local schools were organized back in the 1960s, I lived out of state with my maternal grandparents for my first year of schooling. I learned how Grandma and my young aunt dressed. Grandma wore the house dress of the era with the seamed stockings and booties with moderate chunky heels that we see in WW2 era photos. She normally cooked breakfast wearing her slip and her slippers, then finishing her dress and hair after I left for school. Auntie wore the midi dresses like all tween girls then. She wore her slip to breakfast just like Grandma but Auntie was too young for a bra. I often watched her put on her dress, ankle socks or knee socks, and Mary Jane shoes and finish her hair. I quickly learned what all was involved in dressing as a girl or woman. It has stayed with me for a lifetime.

So, moving away from the bra issue one of the many things that has come along for me is dresses and tops with lace or crocheted sleeves and trying not to snag them with my nails while putting my arms down the sleeve.

I have a black top with lace shoulders so that poses the dilemma of going for a strapless bra or having bra straps visible which sort of spoils the look. If strapless how do you make sure forms stay put?

Do you colour match going back to bras? I have a coral pink crochet top with a pink cami underneath so my instinct is to wear a dark red bra with it (it's the closest colour I have). Wearing something that rwally contrasts you soon learn again spoils the look plus if you are out and about GG's notice there things and know you've made the effort.

Yes, dressing is always a wonderful experience. My favorite part are making necessary adjustments. There?s nothing I wear that I don?t make some adjustments. My bras are my best example...first, second, third, fourth or fifth hook, shoulder strap adjustments, front hook, back hook, leaning forward to scoop, with or without forms. I also hook in front and spin to the right. I adjust my hose, garters, skirts, blouses, makeup, etc. As we know during the day, things shift...more adjustments. Fun.

Silver Member
    Helen, make a fist with the thumb inside your fingers, and put you fist down the sleeve.

Aspiring Member
    Exactly! One must learn to walk heel to toe or you look like you are walking more like a man, clumping along. I have worked with Phoebe Cross here in Atlanta and she loves my gem movements!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Also, I never saw my mother putting on a bra. In the early years I may have used the front hook and spin method but later I became proud that I could hook it behind my back. Part of becoming a woman! I did see my mom on hose early on. That was one of the first lessons I learned was to gather the hose and roll it up my legs.

When I was a teenager it was easy to hook my bra in back, but age has limited my range of movement, so now it’s hook and spin. I still can unhook them from the back though.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I just learned from a friend, put the eyelash adhesive on your lids and not the eyelash.
    Really helps get them on. Or, so I've heard.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I only have trouble with a couple of dresses, that have a lace or net covering, attached at only a couple places---When they get "Wrong side out" it is the devil to straighten them back up again to put them on.------As far as bras go, I find the "T-Shirt" method works best---Hook the hooks, and put your head and arms through like a T-Shirt and pull it down into position---quick and easy--if you have no REAL Boobs to get in the way.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I never thought about it in such detail as you have done. I grew up with three older sisters. I must have developed some skills through osmosis because I have always known how to roll stockings or pantyhose to properly dress in them. I always have hooked my bras in the back because I thought that was the best way and that's how my sisters did it. I did walk in on them by accident more than once to know. I even knew how the button up a blouse with back buttons. I find these kind of blouse are very feminine and always present with a pretty front while still affording a tailored fit that pull over blouses don't. Walked in heels for so many years that I stopped thinking about it a long time ago. However, like most real ladies of my years they are getting less tolerable than lower heels. Have fun learning,

All very good advice. I've ruined my fair share of nylons and stretchy-items doing it the wrong way.

And on the flip side for those not living by themselves or having concerns of being seen:
    How do you get everything OFF as fast as possible when you hear a knock at the door or an unexpected car pull into the driveway?
    It's like the reverse-fireman's-method~

Everything off together and sorted our later.
    That's why the make-up option was such a rarity.