Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just told my wife I am a Cross Dresser

Communication and honesty are the keys! Go slow and give her time to process this. I hope all this works out for the 2 of you.
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Congratulations! I am very happy for you

Just another 'Gurl'
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickitv View Post
    Sounds like a great start Hope and pray it works out for you
    Thanks. Taking it slowly and will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Maid_Marion View Post
    At this point I suggest you keep talking, as a way to regain her trust.

Marion
    Absolutely true. I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    Congratulations! It's really wonderful your wife is accepting and supportive. Just take it slow and give her time to digest the news.
    I will indeed take it slowly and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaGirl View Post
    So lucky, Kitty. Congrats on the courage and the support. I expect I will take my secret life as Julia to my grave (making sure to leave behind a note with my hidden stash of clothing to explain).
    I hear you. It is not always possible for us to come to out to those we love. I have been fortunate in the 3 serious relationships I have had in life that all(if this one continues) have been accepting of my cross dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Leigh View Post
    Communication and honesty are the keys! Go slow and give her time to process this. I hope all this works out for the 2 of you.
    Thanks. I hope it works out also. I agree that communication and honesty will be vital. Will indeed go slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaPDX View Post
    Congratulations! I am very happy for you
    Thanks.

I was trying to look at cross dressing from the point of view of a non cross dresser today.

I was thinking this morning that if my wife said she wanted to cross dress in men's clothes what would I think? I would say sure go for it. However, I would not find it particularly attractive or a turn on. If she said to me, let's go out and I will wear a men's business suit, a fake beard and I am going to stop shaving my legs and arm pits, I would say ok. I would support her, but I would not be rushing home to jump into bed with her when she is wearing men's briefs or boxer shorts. I would not find her fetish or hobby overly attractive. Which is interesting as I am bi.

If she decided to wear my loose fitting jeans all day, every day and my baggy sweat shirts all day, every day what I would think? The truth is after a while I would ask her to put on women's clothes every now and then. Not all the time, but sometimes. I like looking at the curves and lines of ladies. I love it when they are all dressed up.

Looking back out of my 3 serious relationships my wife is the straightest woman of the 3. The other two were bi or bi curious, and found cross dressing somewhat attractive, one woman in particular.

I am going to try and keep this in mind when CDing. I am not sure that I will cross dress around my wife. I don't know if that would be fair on her. I know wants to be supportive, but I think I may keep it from her as much as possible unless she specifically asks to seem dressed. I had some good years, some great years dressing how I wanted, when I wanted. I need to keep that in mind. Obviously I will still dress up, but I will likely do so when my wife and children are away and school. Being retired military I get quite a lot of free time.
    Last edited by Kitty Sue; 01-29-2020 at 09:46 AM.
    Just another man in a dress

I'm sure you feel so much better. I told my wife in a similar way and had a similar reaction. so far its been good just make sure you keep to any boundaries you both may set.

Hi Kitty Sue , it sounds as if it went pretty well , but she probably needs additional assurance that you are not really turning into someone she did not marry. You might want to take her out to a nice dinner or something, and not even bring up the topic unless she does first. You would not want dressing to consume too much of your talking time if you know what I mean. Then it becomes all about you - something I would avoid.

Good luck. I hope it works out well for both of you.

Sandi