Thread: Live from my first bar

Live from my first bar

Don't know if anyone's done this before but I'm sitting as I post, on a bar stool, right next to the bar, the first time I've ever had the courage to do it! I got dressed up, went out and somehow, when I saw this bar, which I've never noticed before, I just had to enter. It took some courage but I've actually done it.

It's a really trendy little bar in a good area of Vienna but quiet as it's Sunday evening. The young barman immediately invited me to take a seat at the bar, so I took him up on his offer - I'd probably have chosen a corner otherwise. So here I am, short skirt, fur coat and all. Actually, the skirt seems shorter now that I'm sat down and it's becoming tiring holding my knees close together!

I can't really hide like this, being so big. And the wig makes me look a bit like my sister and she is very striking. So I've decided to just brazen it out, even though I've made no attempt to disguise my voice. Doesn't seem to matter! I am trying to sit in as lady like way as I can though: back straight, knees together, feet together on the rung of the stool.

Two beers in, I'm almost tempted to ask the barman to take a photo of me as evidence for this forum and for when I can't really believe I did it in the cold light of day.

So there we are, another step on my way to, well nowhere important really, just a bit of excitement.

Good for you! Another check on your list and I am happy for you, enjoy!
    Crissy

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    Congratulations. I remember my first trip to a bar as Meshelle. It was frightening as all heck, but very liberating also. Just to be seen by others in public felt so good.

Good for you. It will get easier as time goes by

MiniRock, Enjoy.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congrats and enjoy it. For me, the bigger issue is dragging me OUT of the bar. :P

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good for you and I hope you had a good time

Just another 'Gurl'
    Sounds like a lot of fun. I never tried to disguise my voice either when I went out.
    Just another man in a dress

Relax , just be yourself. they will quickly see past the clothes and see the person with in.

Yes ask for the picture, but better than that ask for his name and get to know the bartender.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniRock View Post
    Don't know if anyone's done this before [...]
    Yes, someone's done it before.

Congrats on doing it for the first time.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    Good for you. Hope you enjoyed the experience of being out in the real world. Regardless of how others may feel, this is you being you.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I adore Wien as a city, been there many times with work (office up on Mariahilferstrasse), and am happy you got out and into public ... that's still a step I have never taken! Congrats and it sounds like fun!
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    On my weekly karaoke night I always take a selfie and then post it on Facebook and I usually ask someone to take a full picture of me and post that one as well.
    Sitting in the corner and trying to be inconspicuous actually attracts attention, you will appear meek and mousy and then the sharks will start circling. Always walk into a room with confidence, be proud and assertive, people respect that.

Banned Read only
    Majalla is right, walk into the bar like you are the prettiest person there. Hold your head up and remember you are beautiful and have just as much right to be there as anyone else.

I always take selfies too, and more than one person from my TG support group has told me they are living vicariously through me.

I keep telling them that I am not doing anything special. I am just being me and doing the same things I always did. I go to the same night clubs, restaurants, stores, bars, and breweries I always did.

I can feel the excitement in your writing, god for you and you should be very proud of yourself it must have taken a lot of courage to do what you did. Keep on moving forward

Hi Minirock, it was a huge thrill for me as well the first time I went into a bar dressed up. That is mostly where I go because I like being able to have in depth conversations with people-mostly women but sometimes men as well. I do not look at my phone too much while in bars because it can be a conversation killer. The social interaction has been great, and no topics are off limits. I have been going out regularly since 2017. I still laugh when I think about one of my first trips to a bar. I had to sit between two women, and I said ?don?t worry, I don?t bite? ,and she said, well I might.

It can be addicting, just don?t drink too much. I have some posts about that. Anyhow good for you. I am sure you got a huge boost in confidence as I did. Have fun out there.

Sandi

I thought I'd better post a follow up after all the kind words from you ladies. Thank you; they make great reading.

So, by the time I left the bar, which was after maybe a couple of hours, it had filled up completely, mostly with young couples, even the two stools next to mine. I left feeling great and decided to walk further into town. I walked right across as far as Schwedenplatz And then took the U4 And U6 Back to Thaliastra?e. So confident had I become that I decided to go into the bar I frequent after work. Not sure it was an entirely good idea. The young barman, to whom I often chat, arrived and he didn't know where to put himself. On reflection, I'm sure he recognised me straight away but I suspect he thought he had to pretend not to. Anyway, he scuttled away with my order and sent the drink back with the waitress who, fortunately, was very friendly and very normal. I think I was actually expecting him to great me as usual but I rather miscalculated. As it turned out, it was actually very uncomfortable for me as well. So much so that I am still cringing. In retrospect, I wish I had asked him about turning up in a frock.

Anyway, for completeness, here's a photo I took before leaving and another I snuck in the second bar.

Polish_20200131_151927876.jpg
    IMG_20200126_224605_8.jpg

There's something satisfying about live posting.

I can remember the second time I travelled by train enfemme. I logged in here on my phone as I felt the need to share what for me was a big step. My first train journey was short and on a quiet local line. This was a longer journey on a busy main line.

I guess it's only natural that we want to share these important moments. To try to give an impression of just what we're experiencing. These are important milestones for us and I suspect there's an element of, "If I can, you can" as a way of encouraging others.