Thread: Shopping with SO

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar

Shopping with SO

For some time now, my wife has been too busy or too tired to go out with me en femme.
    I was starting to feel like she really didn't want to be seen with me. Well all that changed on Saturday. It was cold and grey, but I made myself put on my makeup and get dressed. And off we went with plans to make a circuit of thrift stores then have dinner.

We ended up spending all our time at just one thrift store, mainly because I had to look at every single sweater and blouse and dress!! It is SO much better to shop en femme! My lovely wife was even going thru the racks finding tops for me.

At one point, I hear this older lady (and my wife and I are NOT young!) speaking from behind me. I turn and she says, "What's your mother's name?"

What? Who? Are you talking to me?

She looks towards my wife and repeats, "What's your mother's name?" I tell her "Jan."

She then says to my wife, "Jan, what do you know about angora sweaters?" My wife graciously talks to her about angora. When it was just the too of us, my wife got the biggest laugh out of it.
    My lady is so great. Another woman might have gone bat-sh*t crazy being mistaken for her girly husband's mother. But my lady thought it was the funniest thing ever.

I found a nice skirt and a bunch of tops, and my wife snagged a beautify Fossil messenger bag that looked brand new (she actually did see it first!).

It just kept being a good time for us. As we left the restaurant after dinner, they called out "have a good day, ladies!" Nobody noticeably stared at me, I smiled and people smiled back.
    I used the ladies restrooms and the world didn't end.

And to top it off, we had ice cream before going home.
    Last edited by Davina Katherine; 01-27-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Platinum Member
    Your wife and you obviously have a great relationship.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Jessie Mae:
    You have no idea how much I would love to have a day out with my wife like that....

I'm very blessed, and don't deserve it.

Platinum Member
    I?m not sure why you would think you don?t deserve it. Seems to me you probably have earned her support over the years.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kim, I say things like that when I get tired, stress and/or down on myself. Today was one of those days!
    Thanks for helping me see through my gloominess.

That's sounds like a great relationship you are both blessed to have found each other. Thanks for the laughs and a few years back my wife and myself were lost driving and we stopped at a gas station to ask for directions. A few years back I use to dress a little younger let's call it, I had a short skirt and my wife got the attention of the attendant and when he was finished giving the directions he said to my wife to tell her friend she has nice legs. My wife tells him it's not her friend it's her husband and she turned to me and asked me thank him for the compliment about my legs. The look on his face was priceless when the man voice came out. Just like your wife my wife also has a great attitude towards my dressing, but I don't think we will ever do any shopping while I'm dressed. Like I said you are both very lucky and cherish her. Thanks for sharing and for the laugh.

My wife has never seen me dressed, even in pic, and she would never shop with me for femme clothes for me.

I've learned to go out and enjoy the hopping experience alone.

One thing that's great about it that no one is telling me that the dress hem is too short, or that floral doesn't look good on anyone. I shop and buy what pleases me. I don't think that there's anything I own that my wife would approve of.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 01-31-2020 at 09:42 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I totally endorse the plan that every outing should end with ice cream!

- Diane

Banned Read only
    Isn't it wonderful? I love shopping with my wife. We are the same dress size, have similar tastes, trust each others judgement, and we can share a fitting room! Thrift stores are one of our passions too. We were in Seattle last weekend and after a nice breakfast went to their enormous Goodwill and then our favorite plus size consignment store before driving home.

Silver Member
    You have the kind of marriage that most members wish they could have, including me. Congratulations.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    WOW Jessie Mae. Sounds like a good time. Keep it up
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

That's great Jessie that your SO and you have a great relationship. When I take my SO to Ultra to get makeup, she will always ake me if I need any also. Also when she's shopping for clothes or shoes, she will always ask me if I saw anything that I like in the women's section for myself. She doesn't mind that I dress, she just doesn't want anyone that we know to see me dress, including neighbors. I do something go out dressed by myself, she hasn't been out with me. She did say that she would one day like to go out with me just to see the reaction of people if any when they see me dressed as a woman.

What a cute story. It sounds like you had quite the day. Thanks for sharing. I think it's really nice you and your wife have such a wonderful relationship.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Jessie Mae, That's a great story of acceptance and funny as well. For that comment my wife would have clocked the older woman.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    My wife and I shop together often but not with me dressed. I would just love for her to go out with me as Krisi. Anywhere, shopping, a restaurant, the park, anywhere. I don't think it's going to happen though.
    Krisi

Yes it is great for the ego to be seen as ones daughter.

Thankfully I also have a wife who sees the funny side.

Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.