Thread: Out in the Mall

Reality Check

Out in the Mall

So I went to the mall the other day as Krisi. Not overdressed of course, slacks and a nice top, flats, wig, boobs, fanny padding, of course.

So I walk from the car into the mall and I'm walking and stopping to look in the store windows. Malls in my area often have booths in the center of the aisles with people selling jewelry, phones, health drinks, etc. One of these was selling women's skin care products and their habit is to leave the booth and interrupt women walking by and passing out samples of their products.

So I'm walking from one store to the other and the guy stops me and hands me a pack of hand cream. He is obviously trying to sell me stuff and saying "Please don't break my heart!"

I took the pack of hand cream (I pretty much had to, he shoved it into my hand). He tried to get me to stop and buy something but I said "No thank you." and kept walking. Of course on the way back, he tried to get me to stop again.

What do I take from this? I must have passed as a woman in this case or he would have stayed in the booth. Maybe not, but I think I did. I would not have if I had stopped and talked with him though.

Anyway, it was a fun outing even if it was just driving a few miles, gassing up the vehicle and a walk around the mall. I did go into JC Penny and look at a few things.
    Krisi

Silver Member
    Hi Krisi,

Glad to hear you are doing well. Knowing you, I'd say you probably suspect the answer. But for the sake of your post, I'd say don't read much into it. You certainly could have appeared as a female or at least trans to this guy, or not. They want to make a sale. I've been hit up pretty hard by male and female sales people enhomme and enfemme. I remember a particularly persistent time at Circus Circus. Dead Sea Salt something or other.

Just enjoy the positive feedback.

I would assume you passed just fine. They're looking to make a sale and thats a about it. I am sure they probably see one of us at the mall on a daily basis. Whether we get read by them or not is another story. I cruise the mall on a regular basis when I get an outing in and I get hit on by those guys trying to sell something. Sometimes I talk to them and some times not. They are just after a sale. Hope you had fun that's to me what it is all about Having fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    We've got those in our malls too. Ugh!
    I try to avoid making eye contact. That only seems to encourage them.
    Last edited by Davina Katherine; 01-27-2020 at 03:05 PM.

I wouldn't care if I was read or not, I wish I had your courage to walk in the mall. I would be read forsure after my bulge experience yesterday.Lol. All kidding aside you should be very proud of yourself it takes a lot of confidence to do those things you do

Hi Krisi,

We have those kiosks in the malls I frequent. It seems like you passed. Just take it as a compliment.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Banned Read only
    The important thing here is your heightened confidence and comfort level in public social settings. Whether or not the other person thought you were a woman, a transperson, a man in a dress or a cat is irrelevant. All that matters is in your head and heart. That's a wonderful thing. Congratulations.

Krisi, I think it means you passed.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    No reason why men can't use hand cream but I'm sure the guy thought you were a suitable female target for his sales pitch . Stopping and making the effort to talk is a good thing , a confidence booster for you and possibly if he had read you a learning curve for him . The TG communtity aren't a load of weirdos , on the whole they are friendly approachable people , we need to keep flying those little flags for the good of all .

I must admit these thoughts hardly cross my mind anymore , I'm out as Teresa and that's it whatever they assume I am .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-28-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Krisi,

Just another woman out shopping. Teresa is correct about interacting, it's a huge confidence booster. Afterall there's really only two outcomes. One, you speak, possibly get read but either way you exchange pleasantries and go on your way. Two, you speak, get read and the guy becomes a bit offish but hey you'll never see each other again and go on your way.

Take heart from this experience. Don't be afraid to interact with SA's or waiting/serves in food outlets. Act naturally, smile, be polite and all will be good. Plus it'll make you feel good to. Don't underestimate what you can achieve. You go for it girl!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I don't know if you passed or he was just trying to sell something to anyone or what. I have had the same kind of booth people try to grab me in both modes. Includeing in girl thinking yelling sir at me 10 times while I was dressed, would some how get me over there. It did work for me to tell her even if you can tell a trans woman is as such don't call her sir especially if your trying to sell her something. If you can not understand that you might want to look for a different job.

He works on commission and is trying to make a sale.
    They are worse than car salesmen.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    If that is the real you in the avatar I'd say you passed. If you did not pass it would be evident by stares from other mall goers. The description of your attire suggests to me you were not wearing any garb that would attract attention. No mini dress and five inch heels.

As to those kiosks in the mall. They are one reason why I avoid going to the mall. In my mall the kiosks have replaced seating areas. If a person needs to sit down and rest due to an infirmity, the only recourse is hoofing it to the food court. Except for a cell phone carrier there always seems to be high turnover of products being pushed.

Platinum Member
    I?ve been accosted by the folks at kiosks many times over the years. They genuinely do not care who you are as long as they can make a sale.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    I would definitely take that as a compliment.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    If that is the real you in the avatar I'd say you passed. If you did not pass it would be evident by stares from other mall goers. The description of your attire suggests to me you were not wearing any garb that would attract attention. No mini dress and five inch heels.

As to those kiosks in the mall. They are one reason why I avoid going to the mall. In my mall the kiosks have replaced seating areas. If a person needs to sit down and rest due to an infirmity, the only recourse is hoofing it to the food court. Except for a cell phone carrier there always seems to be high turnover of products being pushed.
    That's my real photo but it's been run through one of those "enhancement" programs. Also, I don't often show that much cleavage.

The mall I went to still has seating as well as the kiosks. The other indoor mall is close to failing and there's not much reason to go there. I had planned on going to the outdoor mall that day but as I got there it started raining and I had no umbrella with me. And yes, I dress to blend.
    Krisi