Thread: 3 Wonderful Days of Dressing

3 Wonderful Days of Dressing

My SO is out of town on business and I was able to convince my boss to allow me to work from home, which has given me the chance to dress for 3 days.

Monday, I wore a bra with forms, panties, black tights, black skirt with a white cami and blouse for work. After work, I changed from the skirt to straight leg jeans along with 2 inch heel booties, put on eyeshadow and mascara. By the way, I do not own a wig. I drove to a local mall to look at a dress I saw on the Nordstrom website. Entered the store, went to the dress department, found the dress and purchased it. I am relatively inexperience at putting on makeup, so I decided to go to the makeup department. I decided to go to the Lancome counter. I approached the makeup artist and said "I need help with my makeup. I am new at applying it, so I would like some help." She said I did a pretty good job on what I had on. I asked her if she could show me any tips to improve what I had done. She had me sit in a chair while we discussed colors, etc. After talking, she removed my make-up doing a complete make over from moisturizer, foundation, eyeshadow, liner, mascara and blush. It looked Great. It was warm in the store so she had me remove my coat. Up to that point, I do not think she realized that I was truly dressed in woman's clothing. She spent about 45 minutes applying makeup, explaining how to apply it, including contouring and highlighting. When finished, I spent a little over $100.00. What made the experience especially special was that I was sitting in the chair completely exposed to the public, however no on stopped to stare or make any comment.

Yesterday, I wore a floral dress with all of the appropriate undergarments. I tried on the dress I purchased at Nordstrom's which did not fit as well as I wanted, I decided to return it. Without changing, I drove back to the mall, entered Nordstrom's, walked up to the first SA I saw and completed my return. She did not react at all to how I was dressed. I complement her on her eye's which were beautiful. We talked about her makeup briefly.

Today, which unfortunately my last day, I am wearing my favorite blue dress, again with the appropriate undergarments. I did my makeup, which I think turned out pretty good. I am planning to run a few errands this afternoon, dressed as I am.

My primary take away from the last few days, besides having the opportunity to dress is that most people don't seem to care how you are dress, they just want to go about their business. I certainly take into account my surroundings and try not to put myself into a situation which might create trouble.

That is so awesome,I get so inspired by people’s experiences. I sincerely hope it is me someday sitting in that make up chair.

Silver Member
    Glad you had fun, especially especially not having a wig to complete the look. Wow!

Reality Check
    My suggestion is that you get yourself a wig. You don't have to break the bank, I have a nice shoulder length wig from paulayoung.com. I can put my boobs on and put my hip and butt padding on, but it's when I slip the wig on that the feeling is complete. Clothes, jewelry and shoes add to the feeling of course, but without a wig, I see a man in a dress in the mirror.
    Krisi

Jamie, a wig makes all the difference. There are lots of online stores, but a brick and mortar store is the way to go.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Jamie,

What a great way to spend three days. One problem, you'll be itching to do it again.

Reading about your time in the makeup chair brought back memories of when I did the same and as you say, no one takes a blind bit of notice.

I'd also add to the chorus about getting a wig. As Krisi eludes to, putting on a wig transforms your look. Heck I barely recognize myself!