Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing femme at the Gym

Dressing femme at the Gym

I've crossed dressed most of my life but am not passable so rarely wear makeup or wigs. I recently have been going out in public in Tom Boy mode (women's skinny jeans, unisex or low key tops, bra with breast forms, no makeup). I joined a gym that's part of a chain and occasionally go to clubs 30+ miles from my home where I'm unlikely to run into someone I know. It's exhilarating to wear women's yoga pants, leggings, femme work out shirts, sports bras. I don't flaunt in the locker room but my sports bras and panties are briefly visible but have never received any negative comments but have noticed a few "deer in the headlights" looks.

If I attend yoga, it's usually mostly women who most are over the top kind. It's truly so nice just being one of the girls. Most days my toe nails are painted and since yoga is done barefoot, it's noticeable but never been a problem. In fact, I feel so excepted it's liberating.

Anyone else dress femme at the gym even if you aren't passable?

Hi!, I do that every day at my local Gym, capris, shoes, socks, top, colored nails and toenails, lipstick and clear mascara. I habe never used a sports bra, but my gym attire is 100% female.
    Fortunately I have never had a comment about this from anyone, even when I use the showers in flipflops ( female) with my colored toenails in plain sight.
    For me that?s my daily little outing that helps me staying strong and sane.
    BTW I have zero chances of passing, sadly I am too masculine for that!

I have started going to the gym and i wear black tights under my knee length gym shorts along with a regular Cool Max type Tshirt. So far I am only using the tread mill. AS far as I know no one has said anything nor have I gotten any stares. A few polite Hi's. I would love to wear more ladies workout outfits but when you are a 5'11" 300 lb mainly bald 68 year old guy I don't think it would look very good and no way would I try to wear a wig doing my treadmill workout.
    I know I have a long road ahead of me to try to get back to the 200 lbs I use to be before some medical problems set in and I got lazy but maybe the thought of eventually wearing a nice ladies workout outfit will help out.
    by the way the workout place I go to has people from all walks of life. We have the Adonis's to the some a lot bigger than me. So for any of you who would like to join a fitness club bit think they are only for the body beautiful people PM me and will give you the name of the one I joined. They are a national chain and have great rates, like $10 a month.

What do I wear to the gym? Is it femme? I S’pose.

I recently cleaned up my dresser drawers of the workout clothes. Separating the tops from the bottoms. What I noticed is. Except for my swim trunks, all my gym clothes are marketed toward cis females. I acually have a floral pattern bikini but I’ve never been any where to wear it. So. I always go to the gym in leggings. Whether there a floral pattern or hot pink it depends on the day and how I feel. Tops. I have a couple of tops with built in bras that drape in the back and others that our tank to style with mesh straps or insets. One even says “ Goddess “ across the front.

For those that think I “ Pass “. No idea if I do not do I care what other people think mostly. I’m 6’3” 265 pounds in hot pink legging black tank with “ Goddess “ written across the front. I am that goddess and I own it. Just own it.

Sent from my phone so if the spelling is bad. I blame auto correct.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Not quite the gym, but I attend a ballet classes twice a week. To all of the other participants, all ladies, I am the sole male in the class. I would not even think about wearing a wig, or forms, but I do wear ladies cropped sports leggings over my leotard, and pink ballet shoes. Oh and at the last class before Christmas, I was persuaded to wear a tutu.

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    I dont go to a gym, but does wearing pantyhose or tights under my running tights count? It is a very lightweight way to stay warm when running.

Banned Read only
    Back when I went to the gym. I regularly wore woman's running shorts and a sleeveless woman's top. Sometimes even a sport bra. But otherwise male mode.

With new job and a wellness focus at the compay, I was considering joining a gym. But I'm not out and "in" it's DADT. I toy with the idea of wearing tights or yoga wear, but probably not going to happen. Then I decided to get up each morning and do a workout around the neighborhood at 5:00 am. Haven't done any major "upgrades" but I wear my Payless (miss them) black and pink sneakers, a pink Barbie skull cap under my hoodie, a pink multicolored scarf (It's cold here in Chicagoland), and some red gloves. Like I said, nothing major. BUT, any little thing is so motivational. Getting up early for a little stealth workout when it's quiet has been exhilarating. So far, down about 18 pounds. 32 more to go. I WILL get back in that jean skirt!
    Kathleen

I've gone to yoga classes at a gym for about 12 years now. About 4 years ago, I started wearing yoga pants to class, and the first pair was floral. The class is mostly GGs, with a few men. In one class, no one said much of anything, except the GG instructor. She just loved my yoga pants and told me so many times. I was so encouraged by her compliments that I started buying "pretty" yoga pants whenever I found them. All of them are obviously femme. I have a number of florals and a large number of abstract yoga pants in pink, purple and blue. The most sedate yoga pants I have are some color blocked ones.

At my two other classes, it almost became a competition between the GGs and me as to who wore the prettiest yoga pants. IMHO, it was me. I got a lot of compliments from a group of GGs. It was wonderful. I also wore toenail polish a lot, and it had to be very obvious, but nobody said much about it.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 02-02-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have worn leggings for years at the gym. All styles and colors; although overall i'm still a lulu girl. Nobody really says anything and I often get compliments from the women.

I usually wear Lululemon yoga pants and a sports bra under my T-shirt. Some guys at my gym wear shorts over their leggings, I just wear a longer t shirt. I get a couple glances, but I think it's just to see what brand the yoga pants are.

I haven’t gone to yoga, but have worn my lululemon out and about when running.1CB18AE4-15B2-499F-9E22-3D8689DBB591.jpg

Pretty in Pink

Kind of funny story. I was just walking by a Lululemons and just decided to go look at yoga pants. As soon as I got through the door, an SA came up to me asked if she could help. I told her that I was looking for yoga pants. Since I was in my manly disguise she took me over to the men's yoga pants. I didn't know that they carried men's. But, these were not at all what I was looking for.

I was trying to think of a way to take a look at the women's yoga pants without outing myself. So, I told her that I was looking for yoga pants other than the traditional black, gray and navy. She took the hint and asked me if I wanted to look at the women's yoga pants. That got a big OK from me. So we went to the women's yoga pants and she explained the different levels of compression to me.

Then I looked at the prices. I could get five pair of yoga pants from Marshall's, Sears or Kohls, and maybe four from Macy's if they were on sale.

I told her that they were out of my price range, so she took me to the sale rack. Still unbelievably expensive.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 02-02-2020 at 08:38 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Steffi, You should do a thread, Shopping with Steffi.
    Crissy

One of the reasons, not really important but I counted, was to have a life as a woman, because, as you and many here, it was exhilarating to feel life as a woman with all the variety of things they can wear.
    As you I thought that I wasn't passable. You can see my first pictures here from 5 years ago, but I got the chance to don't be a man dressed as a woman, which I honestly find weird. For more than 30 years I wear women's panties, wife knew it, and never had problems on the gym, but to dress yoga leggings, bra or anything evidently femenine and no wear make up or look like a man dressed as woman sounded always weird for me.
    Today, I almost 2 years in HRT. Living full time as a woman, keep happily married, it hasn't been easy but I'm not ready to go to the gym dressed as a woman, because I would feel dishonest. I'm a woman now, pre op and I would feel completely out of place in the men's locker room and weird naked on the women's locker room.
    Mho.
    Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    Steffi, You should do a thread, Shopping with Steffi.
    Crissy

I have a better idea. Let's meet up and shop together. Then you can start a thread "Shopping with Steffi".

Steffi

Quote Originally Posted by Lululover View Post
    I usually wear Lululemon yoga pants and a sports bra under my T-shirt. Some guys at my gym wear shorts over their leggings, I just wear a longer t shirt. I get a couple glances, but I think it's just to see what brand the yoga pants are.
    I saw a guy at the gym today wearing shorts over leggings. I’m tempted to try it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Crissy

I have a better idea. Let's meet up and shop together. Then you can start a thread "Shopping with Steffi".

Steffi
    Steffi, I just posted in the intro section that I may have to pick you up and head to RI so RI Chrissy and Denise can buy us a few beverages. We can shop our way up there.
    Sorry, I will not hi jack this thread anymore.
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 02-02-2020 at 10:50 PM.
    Crissy

Just got back from my yoga class. Painted toes and all I only wear leggings body suit and racer back tank
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Oh Ladies, it's so nice to hear many of you have experienced the same when dressed femme at the gym or in public. Even for those like me who aren't passable. Even thought I wish I could pass as female, it's exciting being a GM dressed in cute feminine sports ware! I often wear padded panties that give me a nice girly bubble butt and one of the women at yoga told me she was jealous of my booty. Another woman nodded her head and said, she was thinking the same thing and wanted to know if it was from Yoga. I just smiled and said I try to stay fit but didn't admit it was from shape wear and padding. lol

I wear tights under my thigh length gym shorts. I always wear panties under my tights. I stretch in the yoga room often and do it barefoot or light women?s socks. My toe nails are usually painted. Other people go in there and have never said anything.

Silver Member
    I do not pass as a woman and I do not try to. I will wear a dress or skirt for nearly any occasion. The only restriction I have is that my wife refuses to go out in public with me while I'm dressed. Yes, I appear in the gym wearing a skirt. Here's how. I usually go in wearing my gym shorts and shirt. My dress, or skirt and top, and heels are in my gym bag with my towel an shampoo. I leave the bag in a locker in the change room and do my workout. After my workout and shower, I change into my outfit and leave. Sometimes there are men in the changeroom at the same time. All give me an extra long look or double take but no one says a word. I walk out past the front desk and into my car in the parking lot. The end.

More and more, its becoming No Big Deal.

I usually wear women tights/leggings, usually from Victoria Secret, Gym Shark, or other brand names but usually keep to colors like black, blues, greys and some occasional maroon or some light colors . I also use woman's razor backs or mens musccle T's but I usually tie a not in the back or front since I like the close nice and fitted . As for panites I have been using panties/thongs full-time since 2014 . I also wear leggings with sheer mesh and side panels mesh. BUt i do it more in guy mode . I did take a pilates with my wife and went dressed that way with painted toe nails . Im actually getting with my wife at a nail salon as i type getting my pedicure!

Out of curiosity having read about tucking is it even possible to work out while tucked which I'm assuming is done when going to the gym in leggings? I have not gone out in public dressed or shown my face in a gym since high school PE classes in the late 60's. I have, however, jogged and lifted weights and done other types of exercise at home. I'm just trying to wrap my head around what that would feel like and memories keep coming back of some uncomfortable incidents involving the boys. When I think about tucking as much as I'd like to give it a try my stomach comes up in my throat whenever I think about working out like that. Is that even possible? Excuse my ignorance on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    Out of curiosity having read about tucking is it even possible to work out while tucked which I'm assuming is done when going to the gym in leggings? I have not gone out in public dressed or shown my face in a gym since high school PE classes in the late 60's. I have, however, jogged and lifted weights and done other types of exercise at home. I'm just trying to wrap my head around what that would feel like and memories keep coming back of some uncomfortable incidents involving the boys. When I think about tucking as much as I'd like to give it a try my stomach comes up in my throat whenever I think about working out like that. Is that even possible? Excuse my ignorance on this subject.
    Yeah I was going to mention that! I do tuck somewhat and i do get a nice somewhat flat look. I have to since my shirts do not go down too much to cover my groin but then I would not want to so yes I tuck and have no problems working out, squating etc. I love it when my tights are nice and flat from the front .