Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing femme at the Gym

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I quit my gym and changed my eating habits 10 years ago. When I became concerned about my weight and Sherry's figure!

Lost over 20 pounds and they've stayed off!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have worn leggings of all types to the gym for four or five years. I always wear a thong and occasionally a sports bra. Tops are almost always women's. I have been fully shaved for over 20 years. Not once has anyone commented about anything. I have also run into friends while changing and no one has reacted in a way that implies a negative response. What I have found is that no one really cares what you wear or how you look.

For a while my locker was next to someone who always wore black thongs and has his pubic area shaved, even though he was not a crossdresser. Again, no one stared or even seemed to notice. This gym was in a suburban SoCal area.

I am changing gyms to a national chain in a nearby community and plan to join as a woman. I look forward to just attending the gym and dressing as I want.
    Last edited by JenniferWhenCD; 02-08-2020 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Added line breaks

I ordered a pair of workout leggings that lift your butt up. They look awesome. I was a bit concerned about wearing them to the gym but I did. No problems at all.

@Star01 Hi Ms. Star! Yes it is possible to tuck while working out. I wear extra tight panties to hold it all in place.

I pretty much wear men's running tights like those in the pic--black--no shorts over them all year round at the gym. I usually wear a compression tee up top and a black speedo underneath my tights to keep it all in place. My legs are always silky smooth. My gym buddies trash talk and they seem to have nicknames for everyone. I sometimes wonder if they comment on my gym wear when I am out of earshot, but then again, I really don't care.49514706027_48c43f5f5d_n.jpg
    Last edited by JaytoJillian; 02-11-2020 at 03:45 AM.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

I don't wear leotards when I workout. Too confining and warm. I do wear leggings all the time. As I said before, all colors and patterns. I work out at a very crowded gym so people have seen me there for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    Out of curiosity having read about tucking is it even possible to work out while tucked which I'm assuming is done when going to the gym in leggings? ... When I think about tucking as much as I'd like to give it a try my stomach comes up in my throat whenever I think about working out like that. Is that even possible? Excuse my ignorance on this subject.
    Oh it's absolutely possible. I shared this product in the Tucking thread, but I've recently discovered Unclockable - a line of tucking aids developed by a trans woman for the trans/CD community - and it's made all the difference in the world in my gym experiences. I've gone to the gym with things taped and tucked into place, and haven't had any issues with things coming loose while stretching, on the treadmill or in the circuit training area.

The only thing I haven't yet done while taped is swim, but since the tape is billed as water-resistant, going full-on femme (wig AND forms) is next up on my list.

I've often wondered the same thing; i.e do people talk behind my back? My attitude is the same. Who cares!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    I pretty much wear men's running tights like those in the pic--black--no shorts over them all year round at the gym. I usually wear a compression tee up top and a black speedo underneath my tights to keep it all in place. My legs are always silky smooth. My gym buddies trash talk and they seem to have nicknames for everyone. I sometimes wonder if they comment on my gym wear when I am out of earshot, but then again, I really don't care.49514706027_48c43f5f5d_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1954 View Post
    I've often wondered the same thing; i.e do people talk behind my back? My attitude is the same. Who cares!!!
    It's common to wonder if others talk or what they think but in the end, you're right... who cares. I do get a dirty look from two people in the gym (women) who make it so obvious that they don't like my attire but I don't care I just stare at them until they look away. Luckily it does not happen all the time. But it still won't deter me from dressing the way i want to dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1954 View Post
    I actually had an employee of the gym come up and ask me what sorts of exercises I’d done to develop the muscles in my legs as a result of my leggings. I knew that she was looking for pretense to get a closer look at my wardrobe, but I didn’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by mylilsecret8 View Post
    Anyone else dress femme at the gym even if you aren't passable?
    I wouldn't say I dress femme at the gym as in women's workout gear, (with the exception of a bikini bottom in the pool) but I do always wear my femme undergarments. So when I change int he locker room, I'm not as apprehensive as I used to be changing my clothes and allowing others to see me in my bralette and panties (once in a while I'll have a body suit). Funny thing is, no one in the locker room really cares. I've never had a comment or a bad look (that I've noticed). Funny thing, now the gym locker is one of the few public places I feel comfortable wearing what I want.

I all ways wear leggings to the gym with a thong no panty lines . I don?t tuck just a little longer top

I absolutely love wearing a little thong to the gym

I joined a local healthclub four years ago and from the start have worn black, to-the-ankle leggings or black footless tights (semi opaque) with black short biking shorts. Always with tan pantyhose underneath. From the waist up it's a male (unisex) poly tee shirt and in the winter a racer-back tight-fitting tee underneath. I wear a thong underneath it all to keep things in place and a thin, no-line, black brief over the hose and under the legging for a little more coverage as some leggings have sheerness when you bend over. (TMI?) In the last year or so I have regularly been wearing mesh panel panel leggings. Everything from the waist down is always black, except the hose. I am six foot tall, 180 pounds and present as male, and no one would think for a second that I am anything but male. I've seen, and been seen, by neighbors, friends, old work acquaintances, community acquaintances, gym staff and hundreds and hundreds of fellow gym attendees. I get an occasional second look (or the no-look stare) but nothing has ever been said to me about what I wear.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 04-27-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Oddly, when I first started going public with my CDing, a few years ago, the gym was one of the first places I appeared en femme. I love athletic skirts and prefer working out in them to shorts; I now own about 10 really cute athletic skirts in various patterns and colors. (I call them my "cheer skirts.") I get plenty of compliments from the trainers and other people working out (mostly women, of course). I also often arrive at the gym already wearing a skirt. My hair is usually up in a high ponytail with a stretchy headband, and hoop earrings of course. And I do wear sports bras, usually under women's racerback tank tops that leave the bra pretty visible. If I'm not in a skirt I'm in capri tights.
    Then there's the pool. I swim 3-4 times a week and I had long wanted to wear women's one-piece suits in the pool . That was a big step, and at first I was embarrassed to change into my woman's swimsuit in the men's locker room. There's a small bathroom out by the pool and I began by changing out there and hopping directly into the pool. I swim a couple of mornings a week at 7 a.m. and there's usually only 2-3 others in the pool at that hour. I wear my hair in a high ponytail under a swim cap.
    I've gradually gotten used to being seen in a woman's swimsuit, and I dress in the main locker room now (although I do try to minimize the time I'm walking around in my one-piece, without a cover-up). I've assembled 4 one-piece suits that are super-cute and I just love wearing them. I even have different-colored swim caps to match my swimsuits!
    (Also I usually have makeup on when I get to the gym. I'll work out on the stationary bike, or even do a yoga class, in makeup, but I've learned not to go in the pool or the hot tub with my makeup on. So the guys in the locker room are quite used to seeing my at the mirror removing my makeup. )
    It turned out that people I know who saw me working out in women's apparel at the gym were among the first to begin gossiping about my transition with other friends/acquaintances outside the gym. This was actually a good way to spread the word, as it were.
    This has all led to some fairly interesting conversations. I was in the hot tub a few weeks ago with a guy with whom I have a nodding acquaintance ( I don't know his name). We started chatting and he asked "So how are YOU doing?"
    "I'm okay," I said, "thanks."
    "I like the new look."
    I was a bit taken aback and I mumbled "Uhh thanks."
    "How's that going for you?"
    "Ahh, it's going very well. It's been very enjoyable and ... meaningful."
    "Well I guess it's as easy as you make it."
    "Yes. That's really true," I said , surprised to hear such a lovely insight from him.
    He went on to say that he has 2 sons and he always tell them what matters is just to be themselves and be confident in their own skins.
    It was just a small moment, and I haven't had a chance to actually speak to the guy since. But it was very validating and filled me with confidence.
    Last edited by TracyT; 04-06-2020 at 10:30 AM.

A few years ago I had a long-term temp gig with a company headquartered in the financial district in Manhattan. It paid very well, so I splurged and rented a nice apartment on one of the old traditionally Jewish streets on the LES, just off Delancey. I needed a place to work-out, and found a Gay gym up near Tompkins Park, which had decent equipment and was clean (not a "bath house"). I used to go there to work-out in full regalia: Wig, earrings, rings, breast forms, pink tennis shoes, et cetera. It definitely turned some heads during my first few workouts, before the patrons figured out that I had male plumbing underneath it all.

Heather loves heels Heather2die4's Avatar
    Reading your comments has been inspiring. Please see my challenge below. I was surprised to see so many of you wearing feminine attire while otherwise in male mode in such an intimate setting as a gym, pool, or yoga class. I LOVE the way you just own it, painted toe nails and all. It would be hard to ridicule someone who is that bold.

I step out en femme regularly and like to attend museums, street fairs, and other events. I often walk on the local bike trail but have not considered a yoga class which brings the possibility of a face to face conversation with people who know me. Also, I am complete with wig, accessories, heels, etc. Although I sometimes get clocked, I'm anonymous so they can't trace it back to my male identity. You present a new and exciting concept. Being a man, wearing feminine clothing, at a place where my name is known, and without a wig to disguise my identity. I accept your challenge and will get back to you after the coronavirus lockdown is lifted. I like the idea of being in man mode but wearing girlygirl tights, a racer back tank, and tucked panties. I teach a yoga class so will really have to own it 100%, and go with it. Painted toe nails might have to wait though. Is anyone else up for the challenge?

I am new to the forum and have been scanning some threads for interesting topics. Sorry for being "late to the game" on this one.

I would love to get on the tennis court in a workout skirt with a top that reveals the midriff. Or, get to the gym with a pair of pink shoes, some yoga pants, and a sports bra. I've never done it, though, so I am going to take you up on your challenge, Heather!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather2die4 View Post
    Being a man, wearing feminine clothing, at a place where my name is known, and without a wig to disguise my identity. I accept your challenge and will get back to you after the coronavirus lockdown is lifted. I like the idea of being in man mode but wearing girly girl tights, a racer back tank, and tucked panties. I teach a yoga class so will really have to own it 100%, and go with it. Painted toe nails might have to wait though. Is anyone else up for the challenge?
    Go for it. I've been there and done all of that in yoga class, with the exception of tucking. I was afraid one of the guys would slip out of place and get squished.

So, to be specific, I've been taking yoga classes for 10 year, until about a year ago when a series of unfortunate events occurred to keep me out of the yoga studio. I would typically wear yoga tights, in very feminine colors or designs, including some with mesh. I must have well over a dozen pairs. I would wear a matching tank top or racerback Tee. My toenails were always polished with bright colors, and I often had toenail color challenges with an instructor, or ask the instructor what color nail polish they were wearing.

Now, I didn't pretend to be a girl, just a guy who shopped on the pink side of the store.

Once, I wore my Hooters waitress Halloween outfit to class. You should have hear the loud murmur when I stuffed my tank top with homemade foam forms. Another time, I wore fish scale leggings and a fish scale top that I had worn the weekend before as my mermaid Halloween costume. One of the girls wanted to see my whole mermaid outfit, so the next class, I wore my fish scale mini dress over my tights.

I was more of a girly girl than most of the girls, and they really appreciated my outfits
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 05-17-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

It isn't quite the same as going to the gym, but when cycling I typically wear either Athleta leggings or Athleta shorts depending on the temperature outside. I don't know if anyone has ever noticed that they're womens, but my wife commented that my legs looked good in the shorts (and that was before she knew they were womens). It took a few outings before I was comfortable wearing them, but now its no big deal.

I wear Capri tights under female shirt shorts to the gym. A few times I?ve worn nude sheer energy pantyhose Under the tights, so if anyone looked at my legs below the tights they would see the pantyhose. I?ve noticed a few looks, but no one has ever said anything. I?ve got my ear buds in and I just do my workout and mind my own business. With the pandemic and the gyms closed I?ve gone for 2-6 mile hikes every day, dressed also in the Capri tights and pantyhose. Recently started wearing a Calvin Klein bralet with my small breast forms. Then last Saturday I went on a 6 mile hike and it was about 85 degrees out (I live in Florida) and when I got to the trailhead there was no other cars there, so I took off the tights and just hiked in my nude pantyhose and short shorts and of course the bra and breast forms. It felt so good and liberating. I crossed paths with another hiker on the trail and I don?t think he even noticed. I can?t wait to go again on a pantyhose hike!

As I noted in a previous post I wear all types of leggings to the gym, including very feminine patterned ones. Before the quarantine I purchased several pair of the butt lifting leggings. Wore a pair of hot red ones to the gym. Got a lot of looks lol.

What we need now is for the gyms to open up again, it has been around 2 months here. Mine has actually opened just a bit with a few classes in the parking lot but limited to 9 plus the instructor.
    Crissy

I've gone running a couple of times dressed a long time ago in my Avon Women's Race shirt, jogbra with forms, Hooter type nylon shorts, wig and visor. Kept it slow as thing got a little hot under the wig.

On the occasion I run on my home treadmill, due to foul weather outside, I will put on my 80's leotard and tights. In winter sometimes, I will also wear aerobic leotards under my protective outwear.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

I live in Lululemon! Their stuff are so comfy and cute I almost don?t feel bad about the price lol. I take a longer commute to a gym and yoga/spin studio so that I can wear yoga pants/shorts and girly tanks or even a sports bra hidden underneath a tee.

Here is my workout outfit for home quarantine vs going out to the studio or gym

https://pasteboard.co/J9l89pd.jpg
    https://pasteboard.co/J9lbVXt.jpg

On a side note. You go girls! Get your workouts in!
    Last edited by Hayley Comets; 05-20-2020 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Broken image link