Thread: Offerred to sit for portrait session .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Offerred to sit for portrait session .

The next subject on my art group program is a live portrait session , it's often difficult to get people to sit for so I considered offering to sit for them . Currently I'm reading up on a French , Victorian artist named James Tissot , I love his subject matter and his eye for detail . I took some of his examples to show my group , they loved them but pointed out people don't wear clothes depicted in his work anymore .

So then I made the suggestion of sitting for them , pointing out I could wear something either along the lines of a full flowing dress to give them the opportunity to draw flowing fabric or I could wear something more fitted to show the form of the person ( no not my swimsuit or naked ! ) . David who runs the group was a little surprised but liked the idea very much as did the members who overheard the conversation but he did follow on by saying he had already managed to find a sitter , however he would take me up on my offer the next time we need a sitter .

Some of the group asked if I'd be nervous , so I replied not in the least , I'd photographed people for thirty years and often had to stand in to show people how to pose , it would be very interesting to be the subject for a change and far more interesting sitting as Teresa . Some members of the group have never drawn a live sitter before , I'm always amazed what people achieve for their first efforts .

The one problem that may arise is David is always looking for work to display in our annual exhibition , it might be a slighty tricky one to explain Teresa appearing as an exhibit .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-03-2020 at 02:18 PM.