Thread: Cute Dream

Cute Dream

Hi Ladies,

So the other night I had an interesting dream. I was at work having lunch with my coworker, Chelsey, a fiery redhead. I was sitting across from her and we?re just chatting. All of a sudden looks at me with this surprised expression and says ?OMG you pierced your ears!? At that point I woke up.

Having my ears pierced is on my bucket list. I?m thinking after this dream I should probably do something about it.

Robin
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Banned Read only
    Sounds like you are ready.

I suggest a piercing/tattoo parlor, not one of those mall places that use a piercing gun.

Robin, this certainly sounds like you really do want it to happen.
    I guess it depends on your situation at home. (and maybe at work) If you think that your wife will be supportive of the idea, then go for it! It's a real milestone moment for a CDer.
    As Roberta says, go to a proper piercing studio that uses single-use hollow needles. They are slightly more expensive but it really is worth the extra cost.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Go for it Robin.

You could always do one ear at a time. That way it would be less noticeable, then suddenly having both pierced.
    That's kind of what I did.

Yes, do something about it and get ready to accessorise! Hopefully it'll lead to lots of fun.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Just the last few years I've had a few years where I'm crossdressed or dressing in them.

Still never had a dream where I was a female, tho!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Definitely it's such a easy thing to do I got mine done more then 10 years ago now I have loads of pretty earring it's a good part of that girl feeling.
    Angie

I just did both of mine last week,I love it. Go for it!

I'll add mine to the voices of encouragement. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 48, and wished I had done it so much earlier in my life. They are a go-to accessory no matter what mode you are in. It's gotten to the point where I have more pairs than my wife. Read reviews of piercing salons in your area to find the best ones for service and cleanliness. The hardest part is getting used to sleeping with your starter set, but one those 6-8 weeks are up, it's all fabulous. Best wishes.

Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

I did both mine myself when I was 17. Long time ago now. I remember my mother got really upset when she saw it.
    It is a good feeling to be able to wear "real" earrings instead if just clipons.

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    I pierced my ears when I was 17. A friend of mine saw, wrestled me to the ground and took out the studs. That was the last time I tried ear piercing. Some XX odd years later, I'd still like it, but doubt work would accept it.

Thank you ladies for all your words of encouragement. While I am ready to pierce my ears, I'm not ready to have that conversation with my wife. In the meantime a girl can dream.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Quote Originally Posted by MeshelleCD View Post
    I pierced my ears when I was 17. A friend of mine saw, wrestled me to the ground and took out the studs. That was the last time I tried ear piercing. Some XX odd years later, I'd still like it, but doubt work would accept it.
    Just do it. People at work might say something at first . But after a week no one cares and they go about their work, just like they did with me years ago.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Go ahead and do it. You can thank me later.

I to have pierced ears on my bucket list. Maybe I need to have that dream too. It will come soon...I know it will

Banned Read only
    Robin, what a fascinating dream!

I'm going to respond here and also on Jenny22's thread, where I have a more forceful opinion. But much of what I'm going to say is the same in both places.

This is the twenty-first century, after all, and men can do some things today that they couldn't do last century without inviting unwelcome comment. I pierced my ears nearly forty years ago, but I was very discreet about it. I did it myself in the bathroom, running my earlobes through with a safety pin, sterilizing everything with a splash of rubbing alcohol. I had a pair of studs I wore for a few days, but when I had to go back to work and needed to keep those holes open for a time while they healed, I clipped off two short lengths of a paper clip, stuck those in my ears where they wouldn't protrude, and covered the tips with a little makeup so they wouldn't show!

Not very hygienic, you might say, but it worked. Nobody noticed. Oh, the lengths I went to in those days!

I did have one woman friend back then who noticed my ears were pierced and remarked on it. What's more, I did feel safe enough to hint to her that there was a reason for it--though the conversation never went any further. But nobody else ever seemed to notice, as long as I wasn't wearing earrings, so what's the big deal?

Today it's so different. Scads of men have pierced ears, amd nobody thinks anything of it.

I don't wear anything outrageous in guy mode, but even if I'm dressed up in a suit and tie for a formal event, nobody says a darn thing if I've got some little silver stars in my ears. It's normal for many guys today. Don't forget that traditionally, guys who wore earrings were not necessarily "gay." They were often pirates! They were men of daring, who were different for the sake of being different! I went to a neighbor's "pirate-themed" birthday party for his little son, and he handed out clip-on gold earrings for people to wear. Never mind, I had my own--and people congratulated me on their authenticity! I'm not a MIAD, but one time just for the heck of it I went to the grocery store, in guy mode--all except for a pair of big dangly elaborate earrings--and nobody stared or said a thing there either! Some guys wear weird things in their ears today, so you can do what you like! Good luck!

Robin, Nice dream and I just know you will be doing it eventually.
    Crissy

I've had one ear pierced (left) since 1990 or so ... always wanted to do the other one. Now that I'm also tattooing up a bit (3 pieces of delicate work on my arms, one more left to go) I see no reason not to add that to my last visit to my shop.
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

If you go ahead and get them pierced , you can say it was a premonition dream. I hope my dreams do not come true. I dreamt a snake was trying to bite me and fell out of the bed a while back. Lucky I didn?t break my hip. Talk about rude awakenings.

Sandi

just get them pierced already ! got mine done over thirty years ago and never had a problem

Reality Check
    It's your decision to make of course and your wife, your work environment and social circle will have a lot to do with it.

I'm glad I got mine pierced because it allows me to wear a lot of different earrings.
    Krisi