Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pierced ears problems

I use to have over twenty facial and ear piercings and never had negative comments . its no big deal just do it I got my first at 14

We had a customer who used to come in to a store I was working at who had those expander rings in his earlobes that left a hole large enough to pass a dime through. I don't remember any of my coworkers ever commenting on it, and they were a pretty opinionated lot.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Platinum Member
    I got one hole periced everyone lost their minds ... so I did the right thing now I have six periceings three on each side soon adding two more they stopped their little meltdown....

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    First off...it is your life and you ears so, have a bit of confidence. Fact is, people have respect for those who have confidence in themselves .
    Consider that those who you are afraid of criticizing you could not care less about what you think of them.

I had my ears pierced over 20 years ago when I was in my early 60s and worked in a blue collar environment.

The only two comments that got was at work and neither one was critical .
    My best friend at wok just asked if it hurt at all ... I explained to him that it did not hurt in the least.
    The second comment one was from a gal from the Philippines who playfully asked if I had anything else priced that she perhaps could not see..

So, own your life and you ears.... and get them pierced.
    You're obviously never going to transition but, the very least you can do for yourself is pierce you ears..
    Wearing clip on earrings do hurt.... for one thing.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 02-10-2020 at 09:45 AM. Reason: spelling

I just got my ears pierced about 2 months ago. I went to work a few days later. Of course a few people asked me what was up with the earrings. I owned it and said that I was just doing something for a change. I acted non chalant and everyone took it in stride. No one made a negative comment and I have not been treated any different. In fact, a few people have told me that the earrings have grown on them and that they think they actually look good on me, which I agree.

Spot on Traci x

Nobody cared or really said anything. My friends wife was the only one to say anything, and it was “have you always ha pierced ears?”. When I got my nose done, my mom thought it was cute lol. Do what you want!

Years ago when I did mine only men where starting to wear them. So when my family asked why I told them someone bet me $50 to do it when I laughed at him. And another $50 to keep them for a month. At work I said my 12 year old niece wanted pierced ears but my sister won't pay for them. I said I would and took her she got scared . I said I would do it with her. 2 lies but I now have pierced ears and 2 dozen earings.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I removed the sleeper from my right ear after a week which means i always have to fiddle around for a while some 20 years later to get an earring through.....like a few have said they are your ears and not many would care anyway

My wife asked me the other night why don't I pierce my ears. I have no desire for that. To me it is another hole for a source of infection. I am perfectly fine wearing clip on earrings to my monthly GNOs. And even those get hidden behind my hair if it is done so whats the point anyways. But so glad she was open to it apparently.

Aspiring Member
    I had mine pierced March 4th. My wife knew, she knows I've entered transition, and we're trying to work out how to separate civilly until the virus crisis put everything on hold. We went to my oldest son's birthday party a few days after my ears were pierced and my wife was hassling me about "what are you going to say when our son asks you about it?". I shrugged and said "I dunno". We hadn't seen our son in two months as he was traveling. When he saw my ear studs, his reaction was "oh wow, cool pop!". No explanation necessary! Great party in a hip pizza place with some of the best pizza I ever had, but I digress. Some of his friends had the same reaction "oh wow you had your ears pierced, that's so cool!".

A few days later (I didn't want to spoil his birthday), I came out to him with my trans daughter present for support. His reaction blew me away: "I'm so proud of you two!" (meaning me and my daughter). He was overwhelmingly supportive!

In short: if you feel like piercing your ears, pierce your ears!!! It's quite painless in my experience. You do have to keep the studs in for 6 weeks to 3 months depending on the advice of the place that pierced them (mine says 3 months, and after that, you can change to earrings or other studs but you need to always have something in the holes for a full year... seems a lot, but it's advice I can take...)

Asew: I can say that pierced ears are way better than clip-ons. At the end of a day, my clip-ons would be torture. The actual piercing process, and subsequent healing process, hurt FAR less than clip-ons do after a couple of hours.

At 64 I am finally considering it. Once we get out of lock down.