Thread: Day off from work, what else to do, but go out try stuff on

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar

Post Day off from work, what else to do, but go out try stuff on

February is already here. 2020 is moving along at a brisk pace. So far have had 4 chances to dress and get out. The 4th one occurred yesterday, and I decided to get out and see what was out there. Went to a local mall which is basically just waiting for its funeral to happen, as this mall is all but dead. No more anchor stores except Best Buy and they announced that they are moving. Anyway, inside this mall is a wig store run by some Koreans. Decided to go in there and check out the latest. I am curious about lace front wigs, so i was checking them out. From there went to a store called "At Home" which is kind of like a cross between Wal-Mart and Home Depot. Never been there before and decided, what the heck. Walked around and checked it out, not bad. Mother nature called and i was able to use the facilities with no problem. From there it was off to a nearby JCPenney's to try on some clothing. Pic 1 is the outfit i put together at home to go out in. Just a multicolored top with a black scuba skirt, black tights and some black heeled boots. Weather turned out to be a bit colder than expected but i did remember to grab a sweater. Pic 2 is a dress i tried on some time back. The price back then was $79 and i simply would not spend that much. It is now on sale several months later for $27.65 (a 65% drop). I really liked it back then and i still do. Didn't have the credit card with me so i have to go back with the wife for her opinion and then maybe make the purchase. It actually looks nice on me, almost gives me a slight resemblance of a figure, which is saying a lot for a bigger gal like myself. Pic 3 is a new find. I surprisingly liked this one, a red, white and black sweater dress. Only down side is it is rather form fitting, and i have too much form. Other than that, i liked this as well, also only $27.65. Pic 4 is a flowery red, white and black blouse that was also on sale for $26.39. Kind of nice as well. Pic 5 is a animal print mish mash for a mere $32 on sale.

There may be a purchase pending here. Being that i have a fashion consultant in my SO, like to always run it past her for her critique and input. As always, the input i get here is also invaluable. Weather really dropped while i was in the store. Started in the upper 40s and by the time i left for home, in the mid 30s with freezing rain. But i enjoyed myself and had some fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Thanks for sharing your story

I love the first pic due to the mix of colours
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Outfits 1, 2 and 5 are my favorites. The colorblock sweater dress in photo 3 does not flatter your figure, I'm afraid.

- Diane

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    Outfits 1, 2 and 5 are my favorites. The colorblock sweater dress in photo 3 does not flatter your figure, I'm afraid.

- Diane
    I agree with you on that. I like the colorblock sweater, but from the side, it definitely does not flatter.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Update, I did go back and get the dress in pic 2, however, I found one in red, which is perfect for the upcoming Valentine's day events. Even bought a pair of black heels to go with it, on the advice of my wife, of course.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll: