Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's in a name?

Banned Read only
    I sort of had to come up with something for this forum. Stephanie is the feminine of my male name. My mother also use to tell me I "was suppose to be a girl." So, I choose Stephanie. At the time I joined this forum I was estranged from my little sister who had been name Stephanie by my parents. She is twelve years younger than I. We have reconciled and get along together nicely. If I were to join this forum now I would feminize my middle name.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Not everyone is confused about their gender identity and sexuality. I AM A CROSSDRESSER, nothing else. I have been called Jerry on and off my whole life, my name is Gerard, I changed the spelling for my crossdressing name, Gerri. I use the feminine name because it seems ridiculous to use a masculine name when presenting as a woman. Just MHO.

I wrote this 8 years ago when someone then asked the same question. My reply then was:

Hi Ladies,

I guess I should tell you why I picked my fem name, Georgia Maine (Gigi to my friends). Well, I chose it for several reasons. It reminds me of 2 states that I have visited where the scenery is beautiful and the citizens welcoming. The abbreviations (GA & ME) spell "GAME". Sometimes I feel like my crossdressing is a fantasy game, but other times I think it is more. My nickname, Gigi (= GG), is something I am not, but I would like to be considered one whenever I go out. Finally, it has no relation to my real name. As you can see, I like word games.

Gigi

By and large it is still the same but now I think crossdressing is more than a fantasy. Part of me now recognizes a true feminine component to my psyche.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

My wife doesn't usually call me by any name at all as there only the two of us in the house, but she would not feel comfortable with me having a fem name. That would be stretching my genderblurring too far for her comfort zone.
    I chose my profile name for anonimity after a fictional character, coz i liked the unusual name, but i generally go by my real name Nick/Nic.
    Last edited by Krea; 02-07-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

It appears that our female names are more important to us if we're going out into the RW fully dressed. If and when I get to that point (which could blow up a 50 year marriage) I would obviously revisit my casually chosen name. As things stand now being happy in my relationship in spite of it being DADT and not going out in public dressed I don't feel compelled to make any changes. That is the theme I'm seeing throughout this thread.

Silver Member
    I needed a fem name for this forum. I decided on 'Jen-ny' since overseas callers would call me that when they couldn't figure out how to pronounce my male name correctly.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Why do you have or use a female name when you are dressed?
    No flack from me Roberta! I dress to feel and present as feminine, or at least I try. I believe that an appropriate moniker should be associated with me online and when meeting others in person (which I have) in my alternate persona.

L

Aspiring Member
    I never used a female name while dressed. I chose one as a username on this forum and that's it.
    Mine is actually a joke. I chose Holly Theresa Greene as my name. (holly trees are green).

It has something to do with my previous life as a meteorologist and my love of Don Martin's humor.
    Gale only sounds like a girl's name.

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    Meshelle is a semi-unique spelling of my male name. Back in the AOL days, all the Michelle's were taken, so I thought why not do something different?

Makes me recall my wig hair dresser who asked me if I was a drag performer. I told her no, just a transvestite. Yes, I'm old, HA! I've always taken a woman's name, at first it was based upon those women I wished to be, like Loni Anderson. Then I finally settled in on Desiree as it's a desire of mine.

I was given a female /male name when I was born and its the name I use on this forum. I too, heard all the time when I was growing up that I was supposed to be a girl. (Only if my mother knew that I wanted to be a girl.) I was always teased about it when I was a kid and even more when the Batman TV show was on in the 60's . For years now I have just shortened it down and have went by that. Lately with everything that has been going on in my life ,I have started using my full name more.