Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can You Call it Underdressing.

Platinum Member
    If your going to a formal event yes...

If your a cd asking silly questions no it’s not

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    but it is absurd for anyone to suggest that the term crossdressing does not apply to the act of donning clothes typically associated with the gender opposite of that with which one identifies.
    I'm not trying to argue with you (really, I'm NOT!) - but what you wrote above has me scratching my head.

I'm born male. I present to the outside world as male. I've had a lifetime of acting/thinking like a male.
    But I've always felt in my "heart of hearts" that I'm not (or should not be).
    My soul cries out "but I'm a girl!", so I guess at that at least some level I identify as female.
    So when do I say I'm crossdressing - when I'm in jeans and a t-shirt, or in a blouse and skirt?

I always thought that cross-dressing was wearing clothes associated with the the gender opposite that of one's (current?) body.

Dang - this definition stuff gets so-o-o-o messy.

The way I look at it if feels good I wear it. Can wear dresses around my wife but this I can do without much problems. As my grandson said it's only cloths.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    Dang - this definition stuff gets so-o-o-o messy.
    It does indeed, and I will admit that I've made it more so by taking the same point of view that you've just expressed. I don't want to put words in your mouth, like transsexual, so I speak only of myself when I explain that, as a MtF TS, I am not crossdressing when I am presenting as my authentic self.
    Gender identity is defined neither by genetic sex nor by the clothes we wear. By my reasoning, if you dress opposite your gender identity you are crossdressing. Yes, that's a rather more nuanced definition, but also a rather more accurate one.

I would not consider it to be underdressing