A good friend of mine has her birthday in Februrary, and every year it's a costume party with a differen theme. I'm known for my costumes and general ridiculousness, and I think she knows that I have an interest in crossdressing... at least enough of an inkling that she pointed out that another friend of hers came in drag last year and noted that I would have a "hard time beating that" costume.

So, this year her theme is musicals... and, of course, she wants me to dress up as someone from Rocky Horror... we've discussed Dr. Frankenfurter, Columbia, or even Janet... I'm leaning towards Janet since I've already got the wig for it... and, out of some irony I feel that Dr. Frankenfurter's costume is too revealing for someone of my size and stature... yes, I think crossdressing is the more conservative costume in this case (lol).

I'm excited, my friend is excited... and then there's my wife. I suggested she be Brad (Janet's BF), and she doesn't think it sounds cute to gender swap like that. She'd rather be the girl.

I run into this issue every so often with her. She would prefer to "be the cute one," and doesn't want me taking on that role crossdressing. While I know she's tolerant of me crossdressing, in public, she prefers to be the "leading lady," and I can tell it's in part due to how she really feels about me dressing.

So that makes me sad. I want her to be excited to dress with me... not drug along, or refusing to participate. How have y'all dealt with this? Anyone here experienced some success getitng your SO to "come over" to your side on this issue?