Thread: Charities you purge to

Silver Member

Charities you purge to

Not to hijack Allison's thread, but I got to wondering. What type of charities do you donate your purgeings to and WHY? I'll start... a woman's thrift shop that supports secure housing and care for battered women.

Gold Member
    Yes, In my area there is a thrift store run by the people at "Safe Place"
    They provide shelter to abused women, and women bearing a child that are homeless.
    They love the fact I bring Plus Sizes.
    Rader

I purged 8 bags and containers in 2017, to a rescue mission store, 99% of my things.

First, do not ever purge but cleaning out things that do not fit or you just will not wear is totally ok. I donate things to the Salvation Army but if I am shopping in a 2nd hand store I like Good Will.
    Crissy

Not purging as such, but when I move stuff onwards I share my contribution between three causes. They are the British Heart Foundation, Dementia Association, and Sue Ryde Foundation. The latter is a hospice that provides palliative care for terminally I'll patients, and looked after my late wife in her final days.

I like to donate to animal shelters

Jenny, I give my old clothes to Goodwill.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

O/C battered women’s shelter

Only clothes that do not fit properly,I will donate to Goodwill.

I don't purge anymore, but when I or my wife buy something new we try to remove something old to make room.
    We are doing this currently as we just bought some new tops and bras. What we donate goes to our local Salvation Army store. They sell everything at very reasonable prices and I know there are people in our area that can benefit from these discounts on clothing that's in need of a new home.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

All of my retired clothes go to a community nonprofit called The Place. The proceeds from the thrift shop go to support a number of community outreach programs. They do a lot of good in our community, so I am happy to share the things that I know I won't ever wear again.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I broke my heel a few years ago and finally decided I wasn't going to be wearing heels over 2 inches or some of the flats that were less than comfortable. I took a large bag of size 11 and 12 shoes to the local Pride center for their clothing exchange. By the end of the event I saw more than half of them had been taken and a friend wearing one pair.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Platinum Member
    We donate clothing to The American Cancer Society Discovery Shop. It is staffed by volunteers. My wife donated several Xerox boxes of fine lingerie which no longer fit her. We checked later when they were put on sales racks. The prices were reasonable. The person pricing the merchandise uses the Internet to find comparable sales figures.

When I trim down my closets of clothing and shoes, I give the items to my long time friend and stylist. She can wear much of what I give her, and what she does not like she passes on to her friends.

Nothing has been refused.

Jodi

I purge regularly. My fave place to donate is the local Rescue Mission. And based on the sizes I have seen on their racks, I think other CDers do as well! Lol!

When my wife and I go thru our closets to remove items that no longer fit or are no longer in style etc we donate them to the Montgomery County women’s shelter thrift store.
    Jill

My house donates to the Salvation Army since it is the closest. Weird is that I almost never shop there since they sort by color instead of size, so go to Goodwill, Savers, and AmVets instead.

This house donates to Angel View, Salvation Army and Goodwill as the mood hits us. It will be spring soon and the closets have been calling.
    joank
    Southern California

haven't purged for a while, will put my girl stuff out when i have a garage sale, my stupid boy clothes go to the center thrift shop in belmar nj, it benefits the center in asbury park with housing, meals, aids screening. what they dont sell is donated to rotate the goods. i now volunteer there and im going to be in trouble, some well to do areas donate there and it is going to be tempting.

just yesterday a women brought in all kinds of nice clothes, armani and other nice lables, curse her and her petite body and small feet.

i cleaned out the back room and solidified my time there. they are well run, clean, and LGBT friendly
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

A big bag of mixed men's and women's clothing and shoes were picked up by Hopehouse.us which picks up at my Atlanta home.

I use to take my cull to the store that supports boys and girls clubs. Here it is Savers, they also allow other organizations to do fund raising. Now how ever I take them to the LBGT Center to the switch program. They allow transgender people to get free or nearly free clothes. This is so those who need it can present in the manner they desire. The difference between the free and nearly free is first 5 items are free after that $1 for each additional item.

Princess Alice on the high street.
    Monetary donations go to the Street Pastors, because they care, listen and help in a non-judgmental way.

Sadly the trash....

Good will. It?s the only place nearby.

Depends on item. If costume type nad poor quality, then trash. If nice garment, then it goes to a local charity that uses profits to help people with a couple of diseases. It's local, so the name would not be helpful to others.