So I was looking at the Boy Vs Girl mode section the other day and it never ceases to amaze me just how different members look when comparing boy against girl.

That made me think of just how many posts there are from those hovering on the brink of going out concerned about being recognised when out as their femme self. Does looking at that section give any comfort for the first timer or are the demon voices still so strong that they overwhelm and still leave folks frightened that fingers will be pointed as they?re instantly recognised by even the most casual acquaintance?

I?ve written before about being at a social group, it was towards the end of the evening and I glanced at the changing room as two males appeared and I was instantly left thinking where the hell did those two come from. It took a couple of moments before I realised I?d been sitting chatting to both of them but as their femme personas, now changed to head off home.

I also wondered if a group of strangers were allowed to view one of us in femme mode, then to have us disappear, revert to male mode and to then be part of an identification parade with eleven other males, would we be picked out with any consistency?

I?ve come to the conclusion over time that even if we have only modest makeup skills and a half decent wig, we are sufficiently altered to make us difficult to spot, especially if in a busy place, by those who know us only in our male mode.

Trouble is, I don?t know if I?ve the courage to test out my theory. Any volunteers?