Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is that???

The one time I ran into an acquaintance while out and about, she recognized me instantly and called out my male name from across the room. So although I think my transformations are pretty thorough, I don't have any confidence that I will always be anonymous. Most people will glance and look past you, but not necessarily all.

- Diane

I can tell by my own experience in the days of crossdresser.
    I went to a place just for crossdressers and men for date us. There was a changing room where we can make up and dress and when leaving do the opposite.
    I came early and later other guys dressing when I was ready.
    After all the fun, earlier than the rest, I went to change to leave but come back in male mode and the guys and girls I had been chatting couldn't believe it was me.
    In those days my make up was very exaggerated and ways a wig.
    Today, I'm trans, full time, my make up is more sober and have my own long hair, it would be hard don't recognize me because the only difference would be the no make up.
    In those days, my wife always told me I would be recognize anyways, of course her opinion is subjective, she see the same guys but dressed.
    Today some people that hasn't seen me in the last 3 years, wouldn't recognize me.

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I go to my favourite cafe in both presentations. They eventually figured it out but it is a face to face business. The guy at the fishmonger that I have been going to for the last ten years also knows, partly from familiarity and partly because I only buy mackerel!

Thanks for all the replies.

As some have said, there's always a particular person or you'll be in a regularly frequented place and you'll be recognised. At the same time as several of you have commented, we shouldn't underestimate the effect upon our appearance a wig can have, especially when coupled to half decent makeup and say a corset to add that all important shaping.

The boy Vs girl section is for me such a strong indicator that we shouldn't underestimate our own abilities when it come to transforming ourselves and perhaps we need to separate being read from being recognised. It seems quite possible for someone to see the CD'er without realising who that person is.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    It reminded me of a thread a while ago where our likeness was compared with celebs , I can't remember what the website was but I had a couple very interesting comparison . This begs the question " Being Read " as a male or female ?

I've drawn a couple of self portraits as we have a project coming up attempting to do a self portrait , one of my attempts looks like Patricia Hodge according to some of my group .

Talking about looking as a celebrity, someone told me look like Jennifer...what do you think? Of course I don't have her beauty but some similarities...talking about femenine faces...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    On this subject, Saturday I was at the mall sitting in the food court eating lunch. I glanced up and saw an old friend who works at the mall trying to figure out if that was me sitting there.

I just ingored them as I thought they would come over. But next time I looked they were gone.

So I am guessing that they couldn't be one hundred percent sure so they didn't say anything. I was with a girlfriend not my wife, so maybe that threw them off.

Eventually I will have to come out to them as the Makerspace I volunteer at has just moved to the same mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I was with a girlfriend not my wife, so maybe that threw them off.

This add an interesting element to this thread. My wife always feared that being together some friend we could meet would recognize me for her, so never happened except one day we meet a friend we hadn't seen in around 3 years. It was impossible to evade him so I hold my wife arm in sign of be quiet and don't delate me just to see the friend reaction. The guy greet us and ask who I was, wife answered I was my sister, after a while he gave me a compliment and talento say hi to me on his behalf.
    In the last three years I stop cutting my hair and start HRT....after that we laugh a lot with wife because she was very nervous but then relax and enjoy the moment.
    We could explain to that guy it was me but it would be a long conversation and nobody had the time for that in that moment and we probably won't see him again soon.

Devi

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I was caught out with this situation as much as anyone , sometimes when I photographed a wedding I never got to meet the bride if the parents booked me for the photographs . After the event when the couple collected their preview pictures I could hardly recognise the bride on occasions , her hair would be different her makeup wouldn't be as heavy if she was wearing it at all and usually she would be wearing jeans and not a white flowing dress , if a man can do the same thing it's hardly surprising we can pass unrecognised .

I meet people who knew me before all the time and very few make the connection, even if they already heard the news. I think it's all about context and expectation.

Helen said:
    > perhaps we need to separate being read from being recognised.
    > It seems quite possible for someone to see the CD'er without realising who that person is.

You're so right.

I think I told the story here before, but I met my old next door neighbor outside the church in the old neighborhood and I decided it was time to say hello. She was great about it, but said she saw me coming over and thought - "Oh, who is this, she obviously knows me, she's coming over. She could be one of the <family name> but not <my sister> so maybe a cousin or something."

So even with all that context she still went with female cousin, maybe.
    Last edited by Eemz; 02-10-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Helen, you are so right. I look at the Boy vs Girl page and i am always so impressed by the transformations. Most of the members there should have no fear about being recognised en-femme by someone who knows them.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."