Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish I had more courage

Wow that Mrs Smith is alright. Well at work today my friend was telling the other co-workers that I really rocked the place on Friday and that I could hold my own. When I had a chance alone with him I just asked him if the other band members felt the same and he said they loved me and that I'm easy going. I asked if they would consider me in the future and I promise I won't wear a black dress, he laughed and said that they don't play as much as they did before. Just happened there buddy owned the bar we played in and needed some entertainment, a little change from the karaoke seen. He said there wifes are friends and usally when they get together it's very spontaneous but if something else comes along he will keep my in mind. I sarcastically thanked him again for not telling me that I should have at least wore black pants that I was the only one in jeans and everyone else was in black. I took the chase and asked him what was up with the choose of wardrobe, he said why if I didn't think it was alright. He explained if I watch wrestling and a lot of band members are wearing more black sheer and high boots and if I found it weard. I told him that I thought it was alright but maybe caught off guard thinking of it as more as a punk rock look, he said well now I know the look and next time I will be more prepared. Well we are going to get together again because I have a guitar he wants to try out, on Friday night I used my imitation Fender but I have a Gibson Les Paul that I left at my sons house when I moved in with him for a while, but I didn't want to drive 2hrs to get it. He knows someone who could she what it's worth, about 10 years ago I was driving by a yard sale, I never stop at them but a guitar case caught my eye. I was looking for an acoustic guitar to play when camping or just hanging around outside. When I seen the people at the yard sale they were a older couple selling there things because they were moving to a retirement home. When I opened the case OMG it was a Gibson Les Paul, black with the white trim, I asked if was his or his kids and he said yes it was his and I sat with him as he was telling me about his youth and when he played in a band and that's how he won his beautiful wife. It was great listening to him telling the stories almost bringing tears to my eyes. He asked me to make him an offer and I didnt in any way want to take advantage of him I'm a very honest person and I asked him what he wanted. He said I have to move it out and to give him a few hundred and he gave me a cigare box full of picks that he had collected. I never cared what it was worth my son took a liking to it so I left it at his place but my friend would like to try it and tells me if its from th 60s it could be worth a lot of money, not that I would sell it. I'm going to get it on the weekend and hopefully we could jam again and maybe see what it's worth. Just thought I would give an update and I always love telling how I got my guitar story.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just keep in mind just because its an older Gibson does not mean its worth a lot of money.
    The vintage market is way down and has been rock bottom since 2008.
    I deal in vintage guitars so when you get your Les Paul back home take some detailed pics of it and send them to me and I will give you an honest appraisal so you know what its worth and you can use that for insurance purposes.
    I have had Les Pauls from the 50s thru the 2000s so I do know a lot about them.

Thanks Tracii for having my back, I hope to pick it up this weekend if I could tear it from my sons hands. Lol. Its hard to believe how I never thought of guitars or playing anything further then just playing around with it for fun once in a while. Now I'm researching guitars and hoping to maybe jam again. Thanks again

Wow! Hopefully they will call you back! Good luck and hope you get another shot!

This kind of crap is what has wrecked the music business. The incompetent leading the uncomprehending.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

How has this wrecked the music business Donnalee ?

This thread has turned into a subject unrelated to cross dressing and is now closed.