Thread: Still moving house.

Still moving house.

And still wearing a wedding dress. A few weeks ago I mentioned that I would be moving into a new house and would wear a wedding dress. What I thought was a simple statement seemed to lead to confusion, bewilderment and disbelief. This means I did a poor job of explaining what I was doing. It still is quite simple. I am moving into a new house and most of the fittings and furniture will be new. What I am keeping from my old house will be moved before I move in. As to why wear a wedding dress I can answer with another question. Why crossdress?. I only have one side to my being but, if I had a feminine side, I suppose I would say that I am moving my feminine side in. My male side would already have made the move. I have dreamed of doing this for years and would be another box ticked. The move will only be for me privately without any others present. I hope you too get to tick boxes in your life.

Gold Member
    Georgina;
    Congratulations on your new house. Wearing a Wedding dress is great, but I would be worried that it might get stained or ripped.
    I have a french Maid's dress that my late wife bought for me many year ago. I would hate to wear it to clean the house, It might get dirty.
    Rader

I think people just don't get it. It is maybe a little weird. But so what? If it is something you want to do then by all means do it. It wont hurt anyone and could be a lot of fun.

Go for it gurl x

Have fun, why not?
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Georgina,
    It now makes more sense , I think under those circumstances I might have dressed but possibly in something more practical , as I mentioined in your previous thread it was a freezing cold , wet day when I moved , added to all the other problems more like a day from hell , plus the end of 44 years of marriage . The only temptation I had was tying a Union Jack on the back of the removal truck but the company had thought of that first as they were an international removal company .

Sorry your move was a day from hell Teresa. Luckily mine will be a joyous event.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    ...The only temptation I had was tying a Union Jack on the back of the removal truck but the company had thought of that first as they were an international removal company....
    Teresa, was this your personal and symbolic version of Brexit?

Georgina, I didn't read the other thread, just this, but I think that you are not talking literally but symbolic.
    That's what I understood.

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I think I sort of understand what you're doing. When I purchased my retirement house, one of the things I did, was to make sure that I could dress entirely in female clothing as much as I wanted, and basically live as I believe a female would the vast majority of the time, at least when I was at home. As soon as I had gotten all my belongings into the house, I changed into one of my favorite girl outfits, and then resumed unpacking and putting everything away. I have on occasion, hung up an old revolving disco ball with the requisite colored lighting, played all my favorite dance music from the late 70's, while wearing a pretty dress very similar to those which I saw girls wearing back in the day.
    I've thought about a wedding dress, but worry that I'd get it dirty somehow, and now living in a less progressive town, I don't think I'd want to bring it to the lone local dry cleaner to have cleaned. Perhaps I'll get to do it eventually, and just put up with the hour and a half drive to the nearest major city and find a dry cleaner there to have it cleaned for me when necessary.
    Enjoy your new home. I hope it becomes everything you wish it to be.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.