Thread: Flying out of New Orleans

Flying out of New Orleans

I wrote a while back about going to a business meeting in NOLA in February but it got canceled. It has been rescheduled now for early March.
    I will be in guy mode the whole time for the business meeting but thinking about staying an extra day to get out for a bit and "fly pretty" for my return flight. I have read a lot of the posts about flying pretty and think it would probably go just fine. I was wondering though if anyone had any experience flying out of New Orleans and there is anything particular I should know about.

Molly

For such a large city I consider it a small airport....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I havent been to the airport since they opened the new terminal. I heard that parking / driving is not so good but should get better. Of course if you take a cab, uber, or shuttle from rentals to the terminal it should be fine.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

As I mentioned on your last thread, if you will be here an extra day during the week, message me and maybe we can meet up for coffee or something before you fly out.

Tabitha_Lynn
    I don't have the schedule for my meetings yet but I do know they will end sometime on Thursday the 5th. I am thinking Thursday evening might be a possibility to get out for a bit and then I will fly out on Friday afternoon. Coffee or lunch on Friday might be a possibility. I will reach out when I know more about my schedule.
    Thanks,
    Molly

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Be calm confident and matter-of-fact. I think any nervousness will set off way more red flags than any way you're dressed. My experience was in New York City and Las Vegas. I imagine there a bit more open-minded than the rest of the world. My experience in New York was that I had a question to ask security and it was suggested I find someone before I actually get on the security line. So I approached these two security guards I think they were police not TSA. And I tried to ask them a question about something whether I can bring it on the plane or not. So I hardly got to ask my question because they were asking how tall I was and how do I walk in those shoes and complimenting me. I'd say they were flirting but who the heck knows. Regardless it was a funny situation and nothing really mattered. Everyone should have his good at Travel experiences that.

Well, today's the day!! I am in New Orleans and will be flying back to Houston this afternoon. Unless I chicken out... I will be flying "pretty." I have scheduled to have hair and make up done, then off to the airport!
    I am excited but admittedly a little nervous about TSA. I have read about others experiences and fully expect to get thoroughly checked. Oddly, when I flew to NOLA the other day I was wearing an ankle brace (nursing a sprain). This resulted in getting the pat down etc. I had my forms, etc in a checked bag and they inspected it. I guess I was practicing for today LOL.

Wish me Luck!!

Molly

Good morning, Molly. Good luck. I'm sure all will go well and you will have the flight of your life. ENJOY!
    I'll be thinking of you all day!
    Kathleen

Good luck Molly! I feel you will be fine and have a good trip!
    Crissy

Best of luck Molly and we are expecting a full report on your trip when you get back! Oh maybe some picture too.

Molly, how did it go yesterday?

About 40 years since I flew out of there. Main thing I remember is a booze cart patrolling the gates! Didn't even see that in Reno.

I've never been to New Orleans, but I flew out en femme from Seattle and from Orlando without any problem. Just go, I don't think the airport size or location makes any difference for your experience or safety.
    My new flickr account has pictures to look at:

https://www.flickr.com/people/bmw325it/

Well, I did "fly pretty" coming back from New Orleans. Got a couple of pics.
    I have been very busy since my return but later this week I will take time to share my experiences.
    Thanks for all the support.

Molly

Molly, Nice on you flying pretty, I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    Glad you achieved your goal!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I realize that flying was the serious, central question here, but I would like to hear about your time out on the town as a woman.

I've done a lot "out" as a woman. Not this. Can't do it. No way. Seems to me even the TSA ID check is a pretty careful think that I don't know how you get through. I've been patted down 3 or the last 4 times I've been through the scanner. I know some girls do it. It's is just beyond me. I want to hear all about it!