Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attracted to your fem self

Attracted to your fem self

So as I've been honing my makeup skills, I've found that when I look back at my photos...I'm very attracted to myself. It's a strange and confusing feeling. Especially these two photos. B84911E7-2551-44B7-AF7E-47E44A61136F.jpgC490BB53-D0EC-42E0-8ABF-F57895C7EE95.jpg

Maybe it's just exciting because it's new. But I swear the feeling is the same feeling I get when I would meet a new girl I'm interested in dating. It's so weird to me! lol Anyone else experience this? What ever developed of it?

I believe you are referring to autosexual. Yes, I have had the feeling in my younger years. Never much though about, back then. I have not noticed it for decades. I believe others have had the same feelings. I do not recall much discussion on the subject here at CD.com.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Seems an odd thing and kind of self centered.

You look beautiful!! I know what you are feeling, I only have 5 pics of me with makeup and my (natural then) hair curled and I think the same.

You look quite attractive, and trust me I get what you are saying. It does feel weird though to think that you are attracted to the person you see in the mirror, but I have felt the same way sometimes briefly.

Sandi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I almost quit dressing 20+ years ago because the girl in my mirror didn't turn me on, Ginger!

That's when Sherry was born! No matter how old I get, (76 now), Sherry never ages!

What's not to lust?
    U can bet there's countless other T girls attracted to themselves. But, as Marcia said, this is NOT a popular topic on this site!

4P1380493 (640x616).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It's because you look so sexy!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I kind of think of it another way, I am not necessarily attracted to what I see in the mirror when I am dressed up, and everything pops, I am just happy with what I see looking back at me, I am satisfied in knowing that is the real me as I feel it. I guess some people could see it as being vain or self absorbed, but who are we trying to please with doing this, others, yourself?? I am just trying to express myself the way I want to be and bet that your "attraction" is as much being satisfied looking that pretty. You look great, own it!
    Love makes everyone equal.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I wouldn't say attracted to myself but I have looked in the mirror and said "damn, I look hot".

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I think this happens to most of us at some point. You see a free available female in the mirror and think yes you will do nicely today. Time will pass and you will find there are many other attractions in life. But this particular one will always be there should you need her.

Silver Member
    It isn't so unusual. A straight man who dresses is naturally going to dress up as a woman he finds attractive, he isn't going to dress up in a way he finds unattractive..

Ginger,

Many, not all, seek to create as convincing female image that we can and for that image to be as attractive as it can be. So if we see albeit in the mirror or in photos an image that reflects those aspirations then feeling drawn towards it isn't that surprising.

In effect you like what you've created, it's a manifestation of the image you've had in your mind and so understandable that you're drawn to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    It isn't so unusual. A straight man who dresses is naturally going to dress up as a woman he finds attractive, he isn't going to dress up in a way he finds unattractive..
    That's assuming that there IS a way to dress that will make us attractive as a female. Many of us simply don't have the physical gifts that allow us that option. Large brow bar that simply cannot be made up to look like anything else, shoulders a mile wide with arms, thighs and calves to match, five o'clock shadow that would still appear even through a coat of paint, well at least we have our fantasies, as long as we keep the mirrors covered!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Count me as one that is attracted to the girl in the mirror. But my mirror is a liar

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Modern society has instilled in us a set of values and standards as to what beauty is. We learned to seek those qualities in others and are attracted to a certain standard of what is considered Beauty.. It's only natural to want to look our best. So when we look in the mirror if we see yourself and think we are attractive then we've achieved that goal. There is a fine line that may be crossed to really wanting our self instead of someone else but is that really what we're doing? Is it possible we're just seeing ourselves as attractive and therefore satisfied with the way we're presenting to others? When I look at myself in mirrors or pictures I believe I am attractive and I would certainly be interested in someone like myself. Not sure this counts the same. It does help build my confidence around others.

This behavior and perspective is not unusual, although only some experience it. Mostly it occurs early in the development of the behavior. Some psychologists think that it isn't a real attraction to your self, but rather the brain perceives what, in its experience, is a new person who is attractive and therefore it reacts as if the reflection is a new person. Keep in mind that it takes awhile for the reactive part of the brain to catch on to what the conscious brain realizes. We often think that the conscious brain controls all thought; it doesn't. It is the rest of the brain that does the thinking and then transmits the results to the conscious brain which then takes action on the instructions. There is a back and forth that occurs over some time before everybody is on board in realizing it is a reflection and not a new person. It is just that you do not sense all the back and forth and arguments between different parts of the brain to resolve differences. Sometimes this behavior continues, but usually it goes away after awhile. Many of our assumptions about how the brain operates are not wrong, but they are simplistic. The reality is very complex.

You make a very attractive young woman. Of the two photos I think the first says feminine/female the most; a little bit of maleness creeps into the second one, but not much. Great makeup job.

Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    This behavior and perspective is not unusual, although only some experience it. Mostly it occurs early in the development of the behavior. Some psychologists think that it isn't a real attraction to your self, but rather the brain perceives what, in its experience, is a new person who is attractive and therefore it reacts as if the reflection is a new person. Keep in mind that it takes awhile for the reactive part of the brain to catch on to what the conscious brain realizes. We often think that the conscious brain controls all thought; it doesn't. It is the rest of the brain that does the thinking and then transmits the results to the conscious brain which then takes action on the instructions. There is a back and forth that occurs over some time before everybody is on board in realizing it is a reflection and not a new person. It is just that you do not sense all the back and forth and arguments between different parts of the brain to resolve differences. Sometimes this behavior continues, but usually it goes away after awhile. Many of our assumptions about how the brain operates are not wrong, but they are simplistic. The reality is very complex.

You make a very attractive young woman. Of the two photos I think the first says feminine/female the most; a little bit of maleness creeps into the second one, but not much. Great makeup job.

Thank you for this response. It was very interesting to read. Also, I agree with you. My therapist like the second photo the most though. 🤔 lol

Banned Read only
    Ginger,
    Depite Tracii suggesting it's odd I don't agree .

There are several reasons for your feelings and I admit I understand them . To look at the reverse for a moment I like how I look in male mode less and less .
    I feel it's mostly down to the female side showing itself , a woman will possibly spend more time looking in the mirror refining herself or maybe thinking about a totally different look all to look more attractive to herself and hopefully more so to others . Why should we be any differnt when we dress ?

On a deeper level to love oneself as a woman is a trait of AGP in fact that is what Autogynephilia translates as , while it gets some people jumping up and down , I accept it and live with it , if it's part of me then so be it , it doesn't affect my life on a daily basis .

Banned Read only
    I have to say I feel the same way and honestly I have always looking at myself when dressed. Now that I am out I still am constantly checking myself out in the mirror.

Call me a narcissist, it's better than hating myself as a guy.

I agree with you Judie: I think it's extremely manly. That's why I've never really worried about it. Although my children's mother went mental about it. And yes Ginger, I like what I see in the mirror. I wouldn't bother otherwise.
    Last edited by MiniRock; 02-15-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    That's assuming that there IS a way to dress that will make us attractive as a female. Many of us simply don't have the physical gifts that allow us that option. Large brow bar that simply cannot be made up to look like anything else, shoulders a mile wide with arms, thighs and calves to match, five o'clock shadow that would still appear even through a coat of paint, well at least we have our fantasies, as long as we keep the mirrors covered!
    I don't agree, Lexi. If looking good is THAT important to u, as it is to me? Most T's can find a way(s) to appear attractive. It's simple really. Do what I do:
    CHEAT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    We cannot see our faces. We can imagine our beauty exists, though. Pass a mirror or a really reflective surface (plate glass store front?), and we face our reality which we usually do enjoy regardless of how we view ourselves mentally.

Part of the joy for me is trying to look as feminine and pretty as possible, so thinking I look attractive in the mirror is basically a goal when dressed up. Whether I actually achieve that is another matter though.

I love the mirror when in girlmode but hate it in guymode.

Want to look as passable as possibly and when the mirror reflects a girl, Im happy and enjoy the view.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    I used to think women checked themselves in the mirror
    a lot because they are a touch narcissistic.
    Might be true in some cases but now I know a good
    reason for it. For all the things that can go wrong with
    the makeup, hair and the outfit we're just checking to make
    sure we don't look stupid because the lipstick got smeared
    up our cheek or something like that.

As far as being attracted to myself, well I do think I'm better
    looking in girl mode but she still looks too much like me for me
    to date her
    Hugs
    Samantha