Well, ladies, when I joined this site, I was a "simple crossdresser".

The last two years have been hell.

Finally last month I spent an entire month in a monastery trying to wrap my head around who I am. My wife sent me a provocative e-mail at the beginning of the month urging me to stop trying to fool myself, be what I have the right to be, and get on with it.

Today I told her that I will begin transitioning to reveal in body, what I am in reality, a woman. This means the end of the marriage likely, or as she puts it, it may become an unconventional marriage with long period apart.

I am 61 years old, and to put it mildly I am scared witless.

However i have one bedrock of support. My youngest child (age 25) is also a transgender woman. We are a living breathing datum that there is a genetic component to this condition! She is behind me 110% as I am with her.

Last fall I got my hormone letter. I asked my GP for an endo referral but that seems to have fallen through the bureaucratic cracks. My no. 1 priority is to get on HRT as soon as possible. My other immediate priorities are laser, pierced ears, and a top-quality wig. Ultimately, yes, I will be seeking gender-affirming surgery.

It's going to be a wild ride I think...