Thread: Wish I could have worn what they were to the event.

Silver Member

Wish I could have worn what they were to the event.

This weekend my wife and I were scheduled to attend an event that would have many people who we know and did business with over many years.
    It was one of the few times that I needed to be in male mode because it would be people rubbing your back while the photographers took pictures. To find a shirt I had to search through 40 or so blouses. Many of the guys were wearing executive casual. The women wore expensive. I do admit there were a couple women wearing outfits that made me jealous.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 02-17-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Liz, I can understand what you are saying, I always check out what woman wear and wish I could have the same outfit. I think this is a common thing with many of our members.
    Crissy

Yep I agree. I look at the women at work, when in church I watch them as they go and take communion and generally out in supermarkets etc to see what they are wearing and get ideas on what does [and does not] work which I can take away and use to adapt/improve my own dressing. I dare say this is the same for women who look to see how they compare and see if they can get new ideas.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 02-18-2020 at 04:50 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before yours.

Me too! I look at women more for their clothes than their bodies (but not always), and hopefully discreetly and unnoticed.

Banned Read only
    Oh, I know that feeling so well! And I DON'T have any trouble with being in "male mode," either. I feel perfectly proud to dress up in a suit and tie--a tux and bow tie, even (which I'm equally proud to say I can tie properly, not one of those fake elastic contraptions!)--and "look like a man ought to look." Or in boots, jeans and a work shirt either.

And yet... and yet... there are those times when I look at a woman and think "wouldn't it be so [b]delicious[/b[ to be wearing what she's wearing now?" Ooh, yeah, I "get it" all right!

Just venting...

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    I do something similar with the clothes my wife wears. Fortunately we are close in size, so when she wears something out that I particularly like, I just add it to the list of things to wear the next opportunity I get to dress.

Always,always,always. That is what makes being a closted CD so darn hard. Women are everywhere! And wherever they are I'm watching and wanting. Oh, the lovely grass is SO greeen over on that side!

One of my favorite little memories tho, I was at a neighborhood Christmas party. One of the women had on this pair of floral heels that I'd bought recently from Payless (Oh, I miss Payless!). I couldn't keep my eyes off those heels. They were so pretty, and I had my own pair, unfortunately, at home. Want, want, want!

Kathleen

Oh, then there was the black tie charity event we use to attend back in Dayton, OH each year. The women there were all decked out, and so, so pretty. I did okay in my tux, but, that's not what I was wearing in my head!
    KAT
    Last edited by Kathleen Ann Trees; 03-07-2020 at 06:30 AM. Reason: spelling, clean up edit

Yes, it can be hard sometimes, the looking and the wanting.

Been there, done that, have multiple T shirts hanging in my closet
    Jill

I surprised a lady at work yesterday when I complimented her on her shoes and we then had a little discussion about her lovely dress too!

I was at a breakfast event this morning celebrating women in leadership, one of maybe 20 men in a sea of women and girls, all dressed in different outfits (dresses, skirts, pants) and shoes of all kinds. I certainly wished that I could have worn some of the looks and am even more determined to find a new pair of classic nude heels.

On the other hand, hearing the stories these women leaders told and their aspirations for the young women to follow in their footsteps was very inspiring. I'm proud of my company for their major support of this event.

I see beautiful outfits I would love to wear all the time. Unfortunately, I dont have a budget to get a lot of the stuff I see. Seeing some of the tight fitting and revealing outfits really make me wish I could have them too. The women look beautiful wearing them and I want to be like them. Such is the life...
    I just want to be me, and be happy.

Absolutely! I?m a compulsive people watcher...malls, grocery stores, movies, etc. My first observation is to checkout what women are wearing. Around here..mostly jeans, yoga, etc. when at a department store, I check out what the mannequins are wearing, assuming they?re featured items. We attend many social events where the women do wear dresses, heels and hose. When I first met my wife, I loved her wardrobe. One night, after a party, she caught me staring at her taking off her pantyhose. She smiled, tossed them over to me and told me to wear them...she hated them. Shortly after, I told her of my ?hobby?, thinking she?d run. She kinda suspected anyway. We married. She?s been very supportive. Best thing I ever did.

Seeing women dressed up used to make me so jealous. I longed to wear glam clothes like theirs at weddings and parties. Now I have my own collection of beautiful clothes and the chance to wear them in public. I feel so lucky.

I went to a event with my wife. there was all these women in dresses that I wish I could wear. And then 2 women came in wearing dresses that I have at home.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

OK, today I had the opposite! LOL I wore my gold dress with matching jewelry and my black booties to work as one lady wanted to see it! I work with all women and they all wanted my entire outfit! I got a lot of positive comments and a lot of "When you take that off later bring it to me!" etc. So now I know how ladies feel when we are staring at them! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    I am always checking out what women are wearing. Of course in today?s world most dress casually in jeans or pants and flat shoes. I love it when I am in an environment where they are dressed in heels, business dress or glam. I also had an experience in reverse. During one makeover session years ago, I modeled several long glam gowns the service had. Of course pics were taken. About a month later we received pics from my wife?s brother showing his oldest daughter going to the prom... in a dress exactly like one I had worn! OMG!

Good taste runs in the family!