Apart from the new love in my life another facet of this new life was prompted by the forthcoming visit of my son. Up to now my son and daughter did not know I dressed but events from last summer and my ability to dress all of the time plus my total dislike to drab made the need to tell my kids, but previously I had held back from this because after my first divorce I lost all contact with them for nearly 18-20 years. The possible loss then was too great but now it felt right and just before my son came I sent him a message telling him about all of this and at the same time I sent one to my daughter.
My daughter was so pleased and excited to hear about this, told her children and her husband! She is now planning another visit in March and wants to see me dressed!
Totally different to my son! he replied "Holy crap" I am still coming but I do not want to see you dressed or stay at your house, I will stay in a hotel. thus started in depth reassurances.
I did however not concede totally and still wore my pants and my feminine pullover. he hardly noticed when I picked him up from the airport and during lunch I told him that when we went for dinner with my girlfriend he would see how nobody cared what I was wearing and so it turned out to be so.
He was over here for three days and by the end he had got his head round to the fact that "dad" was still did underneath except for the clothes.
On Monday when I left him at the airport he gave me one of the biggest "I love dad" hugs I have ever had!
All of this means that now my entire family know I dress and all of them without question are good with both the fact of knowing as well as seeing, although my daughter has not seen me dressed but when she comes she will see, and everything will be fine.
No more skeletons in the cupboard, no need to keep my dressing a secret from anybody, no risks of losing friends and most importantly my family.
Can anything else good happen to me this year? watch this space!!