Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No need to hide my lifestyle anymore

No need to hide my lifestyle anymore

Apart from the new love in my life another facet of this new life was prompted by the forthcoming visit of my son. Up to now my son and daughter did not know I dressed but events from last summer and my ability to dress all of the time plus my total dislike to drab made the need to tell my kids, but previously I had held back from this because after my first divorce I lost all contact with them for nearly 18-20 years. The possible loss then was too great but now it felt right and just before my son came I sent him a message telling him about all of this and at the same time I sent one to my daughter.
    My daughter was so pleased and excited to hear about this, told her children and her husband! She is now planning another visit in March and wants to see me dressed!
    Totally different to my son! he replied "Holy crap" I am still coming but I do not want to see you dressed or stay at your house, I will stay in a hotel. thus started in depth reassurances.
    I did however not concede totally and still wore my pants and my feminine pullover. he hardly noticed when I picked him up from the airport and during lunch I told him that when we went for dinner with my girlfriend he would see how nobody cared what I was wearing and so it turned out to be so.
    He was over here for three days and by the end he had got his head round to the fact that "dad" was still did underneath except for the clothes.
    On Monday when I left him at the airport he gave me one of the biggest "I love dad" hugs I have ever had!
    All of this means that now my entire family know I dress and all of them without question are good with both the fact of knowing as well as seeing, although my daughter has not seen me dressed but when she comes she will see, and everything will be fine.
    No more skeletons in the cupboard, no need to keep my dressing a secret from anybody, no risks of losing friends and most importantly my family.
    Can anything else good happen to me this year? watch this space!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Hi Bobbi, What a wonderful way the visit from your son played out. I know you had to be nervous, as was he, but you did it and got that nice big hug when he was leaving. I cannot wait to hear about the visit from your daughter.
    I call what you did very inspirational.
    Crissy

Hi Bobbi,

What a wonderful story. I am so happy you gained acceptance from your children. Thank you for sharing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Hi Bobbi,

Another wonderful event in your life. So wonderful that you have broken through so many barriers. I don't know where you found that pixie dust, but it is working.

Bobbi,

Talk about flying high! That must be a huge relief and added to your new romantic liaison to get much better you'd need to win the Euromillions rollover!

Thank you all for all your lovely comments? This year is turning into such a wonderful life in all respects but to now have my son an,d daughter in accordance with my life now is the icing on the cake.
    Helen Euromillions is next on the list !!

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    I'm so pleased for you , I know you were having a tough patch with the Ex pats but now that's already water under the bridge .

I'm not sure about your son's big hug , lovely as it was , I wonder if that's going to cost you financially , is he looking for a sponsor ?

I also wish you all the best with your new lady friend , just goes to prove it can happen but then it would happen to a lovely person like you .

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Our fears are real, but fortunately not everyone lives inside our head and are much more open than we suspect. Major props to you and your kids for dealing with this first with honesty and then with love.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Thank you sarah,
    My big fear over the years having found my kids only to lose them over my dressing but as it turned all is well but i needed a great deal of courage to take the step I did, now its done and the worries are over thankfully and I still have my kids

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Such a happy story, Bobbi!

I always think of butterflys when a trans who wishes to live as a female sheds her her cocoon and starts to fly!

On the other hand, to a closet CD like me? Living that way sounds like so much work and trouble!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Congratulations and enjoy life as you want.

Allie

I'm so happy to hear how well this is working out for you. You must be on cloud 9.
    I'm hoping your good fortune continues.

This made me so happy to read! Congratulations on your successes and I hope your future is just as bright! <3

I have just come home from another 2 days with my loved one. yesterday we ate in buffet style Chines Restaurant and nobody gave me a second glance. My girlfriend, when I got dressed to go out said to me " You look really good in a long skirt, I think you look better in a long one than a short one" and that is how we went out long skirt for my and my loose roll neck pullover.
    It was just magical to be sat down in a busy eatery, getting up to select my next course and not feel anybody was looking or thinking.
    As has been said I must be on cloud 9 and yes I am its been so many years since I last felt loved and wanted and now I am.

Bobbi, That is such a nice post and I am sitting here so happy for you!
    Crissy

Bobbi, I am overjoyed for you! 3 successes! WOW! Hoping a lot more of them for you from here on! Big hug! Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Bobbi, I am glad that you have come out to your children and it has been accepted well. I haven't talked to my children for years due to my divorce. I am glad to see that kind of rift can be overcome.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

hi bobbi what a lovely moment I'm so happy for you

Silver Member
    Such a wonderful story, Bobbi! Much happiness to you,

I could not have wished for more since Christmas, finally telling my kids was a decision I had delayed far too long seeing how things have turned out but when divorce descends and one loses contact with the kids once found again and contact restored telling them about one being CD is a difficult thing to broach for fear of losing them again, this did not happen to me luckily.
    to have what I have now is almost beyond belief.
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 02-21-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful news!

marion
    It's so good isn't it?

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    Congratulations Bobbi. Very happy to hear that you are able to live the way you were meant to live.

Some times I have to pinch myself to realise this is not just an amazing dream but reality.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Wow that?s so great Bobbi, I know how happy this makes you.
    And hey didn?t know about your GF you will have to send me an email and give me some details
    Hugs Rachael