Thread: The inevitable happened !

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

The inevitable happened !

Being half term week I was asked ( not told ) by my wife if I could help out with the grandsons at her home . As usual I had a car load of tools for the little jobs no one else had got round to , we replaced fence panels damaged by the storms while the boys tried to use us as goal posts for their football game .

Later that morning my daughter arrived with her daughter who has seen me as Teresa , as we all sat having coffee my granddaughter looked up at me and said , " You haven't got your blond hair on !" My wife burst out laughing I think the boys were too busy fighting to hear what she said , this was the point I was dreading but I knew it was ineveitable , so now we have crossed that hurdle without any harm being done .

I then went to fit a curtain pole for my wife but I couldn't find all the fittings so we searched in her dressing room , she brushed passed some of her clothes at the same time asking if I would like any of them as she has lost weight . I replied that it was OK I have all my own now besides I didn't think it was a good idea because she could then tell people I'm going about in her clothes , she did understand my meaning and was OK with the explanation .

As I prepared to leave she did say that she is going to make the effort and visit me , she wants to see my refurbished kitchen , I've always assured her I don't have a problem with that , if and when she's ready just give me a call .

In no way does this suggest we would ever get back together but it is good we have kept it together for the children and grandchildren , our probelms didn't become their problems , it has affected their lives but not tragically so .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-18-2020 at 07:48 AM.