Thread: Drag and Cosplay Help

Drag and Cosplay Help

Hey everyone! I am hoping to connect with some new people here and need some help. I am unable message any of you so hoping this is the best way to do this.

I?m new to crossdressing and really want to get into drag and cosplay. I love dressing up at home but really want to get out of the house at some point but I am suuper nervous. Can anyone give me some tips as a new crossdresser, especially about drag? I have a lot of things to buy and it?s hard to hide the features of someone who is 6?2 without spending a lot of money! Me and my SO are new to most of this aside from makeup and I would appreciate any help so much <3

I hope this is the right place to post, sorry if I made a mistake!

my personal opinion , Drag is for stage and Ru Paul show, going out shopping going into pubs etc and feeling part of the fem crowd is diiferent, which do you want ?, Stage or part of the crowd ?, there probably is a an in between , but how you achieve that that with personal feelings I dont know. But goon on ya , go for it girl, visit a few drag stage shows go backstage, im sure they will invite you in with open arms.

Debs is correct, drag and the real world are two distinct environments. Some things are interchangeable, underwear and to some extent makeup skills but how that is applied are streets apart.

You're not the only one here over 6' so I'm sure you'll get good advice based on their experiences. You can of course go to drag shows dressed enfemme but as a punter, one dressed in "normal" female clothes. It's an environment where many here began their RW adventures. It's a chance to practice your skills in a safe environment.

As for dressing for the RW, observe what GG's are wearing for the time and place and learn from them. Many early in their dressing journeys dress like the sexy girl of their dreams. Going to the local convenience store in killer heels and a tiny mini skirt will get you noticed. If you're comfortable with that, fine but most just want to blend in with the crowd.

First of all, I believe that you need to have made ten posts before certain features, like private messages, become available to you. As others have noted, drag and cosplay are types of crossdressing that involve very different... let's call them "aesthetic values" than what most here are after. To be clear, there are plenty of both here, but most of us are trying to blend in a bit when we are out.
    Larger clothes: Amazon, Woman Within, Roaman's, etc. Makeup: YouTube has hundreds of how to videos, including drag-specific stuff.

Welcome to the community. 😃

Hey Aelyn!

Ok so I love cosplay and I?m a CD and a drag queen. As everyone has said, Drag is a stage performance. With it you don?t have to be super realistic and look like a real woman, you can do pretty much any style of makeup almost to the point of clown but with the right wig, and the right makeup you can make nearly anyone look good.

If you want to talk find me on Face book. Same name as here and same profile pic.

Loved to help you out!

Thank you both very much for the kind words. I want to go out in simple women?s clothing, sexy outfits, drag, cosplay, etc. so I was planning on checking out the local drag bar before going anywhere else. I don?t know if I am necessarily looking for attention all the time. I have this thing where I want to look as passable as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Debs is correct, drag and the real world are two distinct environments. Some things are interchangeable, underwear and to some extent makeup skills but how that is applied are streets apart.

You're not the only one here over 6' so I'm sure you'll get good advice based on their experiences. You can of course go to drag shows dressed enfemme but as a punter, one dressed in "normal" female clothes. It's an environment where many here began their RW adventures. It's a chance to practice your skills in a safe environment.

As for dressing for the RW, observe what GG's are wearing for the time and place and learn from them. Many early in their dressing journeys dress like the sexy girl of their dreams. Going to the local convenience store in killer heels and a tiny mini skirt will get you noticed. If you're comfortable with that, fine but most just want to blend in with the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    my personal opinion , Drag is for stage and Ru Paul show, going out shopping going into pubs etc and feeling part of the fem crowd is diiferent, which do you want ?, Stage or part of the crowd ?, there probably is a an in between , but how you achieve that that with personal feelings I dont know. But goon on ya , go for it girl, visit a few drag stage shows go backstage, im sure they will invite you in with open arms.
    [SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thank you both so much!! I will definitely look into those sites Kelly. I?ll try and find you Victoria <3

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria_Winters View Post
    Hey Aelyn!

Ok so I love cosplay and I?m a CD and a drag queen. As everyone has said, Drag is a stage performance. With it you don?t have to be super realistic and look like a real woman, you can do pretty much any style of makeup almost to the point of clown but with the right wig, and the right makeup you can make nearly anyone look good.

If you want to talk find me on Face book. Same name as here and same profile pic.

Loved to help you out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    First of all, I believe that you need to have made ten posts before certain features, like private messages, become available to you. As others have noted, drag and cosplay are types of crossdressing that involve very different... let's call them "aesthetic values" than what most here are after. To be clear, there are plenty of both here, but most of us are trying to blend in a bit when we are out.
    Larger clothes: Amazon, Woman Within, Roaman's, etc. Makeup: YouTube has hundreds of how to videos, including drag-specific stuff.

Welcome to the community. 😃

YES! Yes I can help you! I?ve been doing honest to god drag for a while now, and my drag mother is a well established and fairly famous queen herself. You can check out my Insta @Micki_Finn there. Yes as some have pointed out, high drag is not for everyday wear or for blending in. What they DON?T know is that drag isn?t all clown makeup and sequins, and you can use a lot of the principles you learn from drag, and apply them towards a more passable presentation. Not that drag isn?t passable (e.g. Courtney Act, Blair St. Clair, etc).

Good makeup is expensive and there isn?t really a way around that. As far as the REST of drag goes, it?s really up to what you want to spend. It?s all expensive, but if you make a lot of stuff instead of buying you can minimize the cost. Cosplay is even worse. That modeling foam costs an arm and a leg.

It really comes down to what you want to do. If you want to pop down to the shops during the day and have luncheons with the ladies, by all means listen to the advice these ladies are giving you. If you wanna go to the clubs and party it up, have people coming up to you telling you how much they love your look and wanting to take pictures with you, listen to the drag queens.

Yay! Thank you for that Micki, all of you helped so much.

Micki I think you actually popped up on my twitter and I sent you a message! I would love the help <3

Wait a second! Micki! Your a drag Queen!? Ok we need to talk! Do you have FB? If so can you hit me up in an IM?

Aelyn: sorry I didn?t respond much this morning, was getting ready for work so not much time. Micki is right, I do more realistic female makeup and try to look passable. I use a lot of the same makeup skills from Drag (while I?m far from being great at makeup). I love the entertainment part of Drag. I like to call my self a punk rock prom queen as my style of Drag. I don?t do the runway high fashion but more basic rocker girl look. The is no ONE way to do Drag. If you haven?t watch Rupauls Drag Race, you should, they have a wide range of styles on there. I suggest going to a few drag shows and see what your getting into. If your area is anything like mine, they need volunteers to help. Get in as a volunteer and learn the ropes. Depending on where you live changes how hard it is to get stage time. Where I live it?s easy as there are few performers that are local. In places like Atlanta girls fight for stage time. Watch a lot of makeup tutorials on YouTube!

When it comes to cosplay, there are cheap ways to do it depending on what your trying to do. The best way is learn to sew and get a cheep machine. Costumes get expensive to buy but are remarkable cheaper to make. Now as Micki said armor building can get expensive but you can do it on a dime. I know someone now builds super real looking stuff out of card board boxes. You need to learn what materials you have and how to work with them.

Now, for CD, look at the women I. Your local area, she how they dress. You can take a lot of cues from them on how to dress style wise. If you learn how to do good face sculpting with makeup and you dress for the places you are going to be, a lot of time people won?t give you a second look. Attitude makes the difference as well. When you do go out. Walk like you belong there and don?t try to hide. Looking like your planning to rob a bank will get people to notice you. If you walk like your just a girl going food shopping/what ever then a lot of people will just keep trucking past you. Like for drag, watch a lot of makeup tutorials on YouTube. I do all the time trying to learn new and better ways to do makeup. If your girl is willing, have her teach you. Don?t just let her do your makeup, have her show you what to do and then you do it. It takes practice but you will get it!

I?ll shoot you an IM with my FB.

we need a group chat! Does anyone use kik or twitter? You can find me on either at aelynxoxo I don?t have an Instagram yet and I?m not sure about using Facebook yet

You guys are so positive about all of this it helps so much. I really appreciate it. I want to get into a club and see what this is all about.

Drag sounds like a lot of work but it sounds so nice to look and feel so beautiful like that! Cosplay is something that is more in my reach since I know a bit more about it and am more confident in my ability to pull it off. It sounds like the right outfit will really make me passable. Thank you so much <3

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Neither drag or cosplay is necessarily what crossdressers do. Cue to your comment, "Like to look as passable as possible".
    Altho, as u can see from my avatar, I'm quite into copying famous female characters and I have done some cosplay type events.
    I and most girls here r into expressing their inner girl as best they can. And, not drag or costumes. U can learn a lot about T's and dressing from this site!

I've met 100's of T's. Just in the LA area I know at least 30 T's who r well over 6" and wear hi heels on top of that!

U have 10 posts now. Which means u can visit most of the forums here and PM anyone now!P1250313 (1280x1194).jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 02-19-2020 at 07:34 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You all look so beautiful I should clarify, I like to crossdress and would love to do cosplay as well. I have never dressed as a female outside of the house and think cosplay would be a great way to get comfortable. Especially if I were to choose an anime character or maybe a strong female lead from a comic.

As for drag, I am a complete newbie. It is something I am interested in but just to practice. I love the outfits, wigs, and makeup so it?s a style I would like to incorporate in my crossdressing. Especially the way they mask features! And the same goes for cosplay.

I really really just want an outfit I can feel comfortable in, I guess my female side likes to dress a little more sexy(?) like slim fitting black dresses w/nylons etc. I can look through the shipping section now so that should help a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Neither drag or cosplay is necessarily what crossdressers do. Cue to your comment, "Like to look as passable as possible".
    Altho, as u can see from my avatar, I'm quite into copying famous female characters and I have done some cosplay type events.
    I and most girls here r into expressing their inner girl as best they can. And, not drag or costumes. U can learn a lot about T's and dressing from this site!

I've met 100's of T's. Just in the LA area I know at least 30 T's who r well over 6" and wear hi heels on top of that!

U have 10 posts now. Which means u can visit most of the forums here and PM anyone now!P1250313 (1280x1194).jpg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Some of us are transgender which is different from DCing, drag and cosplay.
    I know some professional drag queens but they are more entertainers and do not CD in their normal lives.
    Actually dated one guy who is a drag queen but we split up a couple of years ago.
    I went to a lot of shows but got burned out of that scene pretty quickly because the back biting and drama. It was not something I was willing to put up with.
    So CDing ,drag, cosplay are totally different things with some similarities then there is the trans end of it where we dress because it completes who we are as a person and how we identify.
    CDing to you is seen as a hobby or fun thing to do I am guessing and that is OK but I dress because its who I am 24/7 and its not a fetish or a hobby.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-19-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Personally I wish I could be a female everyday, I have been going through this since I was very young. I am 25 now and just came out to my fiance. She has been very supportive lately although she was a bit distant about it at first. She was confused as to what I wanted and I still am. I would love to just feel like a girl for once and crossdressing helps but it is all still really confusing to me and sometimes I end up unsatisfied with my look. Anywhere from my outfit to my nose shape etc. I guess I just need to find my own way of taking my femme side to the max? So thankful for all the ladies here and I appreciate your help! Drag is a lot for me to process right now but it is definitely helpful to hear things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Some of us are transgender which is different from DCing, drag and cosplay.
    I know some professional drag queens but they are more entertainers and do not CD in their normal lives.
    Actually dated one guy who is a drag queen but we split up a couple of years ago.
    I went to a lot of shows but got burned out of that scene pretty quickly because the back biting and drama. It was not something I was willing to put up with.
    So CDing ,drag, cosplay are totally different things with some similarities then there is the trans end of it where we dress because it completes who we are as a person and how we identify.
    CDing to you is seen as a hobby or fun thing to do I am guessing and that is OK but I dress because its who I am 24/7 and its not a fetish or a hobby.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you ever have questions just ask.
    I understand how confusing it all is, been there done that.

Ciara at the weekend
    Aelyn I cant really offer much advice. I am new here as well and while I have always secretly crossdressed a little at home, I have more recently pushed to boundaries a little more with my wife. She tolerates more than encourages me.I have a french maid outfit and love to dress as a schoolgirl for play. I love wearing a dress, panties, stockings and heels when we are alone and watching TV...and a femenine top and skirt when sitting out reading in our back garden.
    I'd love to push the boundaries a little further but dont want to upset her as we have an otherwise great relationship.
    I wish you luck on your journey and will follow your progress with interest. Go girl.